135 students|Broward

Bad
Good

This has its ups and downs but this school and its teachers help you learn the material and show you it if you need help. This is one of the best schools my son has ever went to he used to be getting C's and D's but ever since he went to discovery his reading went up and now he is getting A's and B's.

My special needs daughter seems to be ignored. No homework of any significance. Not much classwork in her take-home folders. They worry more about appearances than teaching children. They have a dress down day on Friday and charge two dollars for the privilege. However, they sent my daughter home because "her skirt/pants were too short", they were not. Creepy. The Taliban are employed here and they run the dress code like a madrasa. Comply or suffer. They would rather send children home and quarantine them in a room over a subjective rule than actually teach them math, science, reading....My daughter dresses herself and has no interest in boys or wearing a short skirt/pants to drive interest to her. She is there to learn. They will fail, again, every year with this approach with the lowest test scores in Florida.

Discovery Middle Charter School is nothing more than a money draining drag on Broward County Taxpayer's. This particular school has no concept of a quality education, professional conduct from it's staff, or the ability to produce an environment of academic excellence. Let's put funding back into our public schools where it has value; not into a charter school group like this, that parasitizes the system for personal gain!

I love my school because it is simply an excellent school! I can log on to view my child's grades and email the teachers from the same website. The school does a lot to get the parents involved monthly. They even have certain nights to meet up at Mc Donalds and other various locations. The entire staff is wonderful.

THIS SCHOOL IS AWFUL!!!! Its so bad and the most ghettoest school ever! It claims to be an american school but it mixes kids from bad neighborhoods. My friend was bullied and the principal knew and did NOTHING. She was about to get BEAT UP. I dont recommend this school to no one!

It is A HORRIBLE SCHOOL! DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS TO THIS SCHOOL! IT HAS Horrible teachers and the surroundings are SO BAD! It is tone of the most ghettoist schools you will ever find. The community is so bad. Please do not put your children in this school. You will NOT regret it.

At first the school was what the other lady or guy said. but now there is a computer lab, better discipline for the students, we have TWO PE teachers, we have an art, music, and spanish class, and the teachers are all great. the school is still new, but its improving every year.

I am so dissapointed in this school. I expected 'private school' quality with technology in all classrooms (as advertised). All we got was chaos, unsanitary bathrooms (no soap or towels), no PE or Art, and no computers! My child has been hurt via bullying, wrote up the incidents and nothing changed. The teachers were attentive, however due to budget cuts, were not available after school or during lunch for conferences. The distruptions in the classrooms and hallways escalated to a state that my daughter felt unsafe. I have now placed her in a small private school and she is happy and secure.

hello.This school is a very great school. but I dont think its fair for US middle schoolers to have 7 hours and 30mins of school each day. I mean all other middle schools only have 6 hours and its very tiring for us middle schoolers to wake up at 8 and end school at 3:30 . This school is very fun , but many priviliages have been taken away from us. This school is EXTREMELY Serious about bullying and respect. But lately right now im not really liking the school because of all the horriable things that have happened lately many people have been making fun of others becaus ethey are different . i would recommend this school , but the rules have changed , and we have stricted teahers

Last modified Discovery Middle Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.