556 students|Wakulla

Bad
Good

My child is in the 6th grade at Riversprings. The curriculum at the school really seems to be more challenging than nearby counties. My child has really learned a lot this year and has learned more responsibility and the importance of education.

Not at all happy with this school. They seem to be under the impression that they own the student's, and have every right to but their nose's into every aspect of your life. The teacher's are horrible, lazy, and are not willing to go the extra mile if a student is struggling. My child (8th) grade, was told that he "owe's them" passing grades, that he will not amount to anything in the future but a McDonalds crew member. Evidently, this school and the faculty have never heard of No child left behind. He has asked for help understanding certain areas, and been refused on several lessons. On the rare times they decide to return a phone call, they do so with an attitude! I can not wait until my son leaves this poor exscuse of a school!

River Springs Middle School Our grandson is scheduled to start this fall (2013). We are excited to see his educational growth and are looking forward to a positive environment ay RSMS.

I am a student at this school and I love it here. All of the teachers at River Springs try their best to help students learn and understand what they are teaching. If a student or group of students doesn't understand something that is being taught the teachers will try several different techniques of teaching until it is finally understood. If a student still needs extra help there are opportunities for after school tutoring ,which believe me really helps. All of the teachers that I have met so far are very nice though some are a bit stricter than others. During class you are always allowed to take notes which can be used to study for tests and exams which in most cases helps a lot. My over all favorite part of this school though is how they always have different fun activities like dances and field days at different parts of the year that allow us to socialize with different people in our grade level.

I had a sixth grader here and all I have seen so far is a disappointment. Lack of communication from teachers and principal. In fact calls are not returned for days and I hear the same from other parents. A lack of leadership from Mr. Walker. This school provides no assistance with transition or normal problems. Thankfully we have not had any serious problems but I fear how this lackluster administration would handle them. Also this is the first school I have ever dealt with that does not want parents to come to the school and will not allow you in to the class.

I have a 6th grader and am a little disappointed, ant fields all over the football practice field, no updates by email or on the board of half days or open house. Some parents got invites while others don't. Seperate kids by teams and most of the coaches don't take 6th graders from a 'different' team. Seems like a lot of laziness.

This school faculty and staff are nice and will help you with pretty much anything. The school is very well kept and very clean. Being a student there I feel really lucky and wouldn't want to go to another school. Every student that attends this school pretty much feels the same way.

This is a great school. The Principal and his staff are the best.

I'm sorry, but I can't give this school a glowing report. I am the parent of a disabled child and I have not found either this school, or the district, genuinely cooperative in helping my child. I/we, have had to struggle hard for acceptance; compassion and understanding have been hard things to find.

Great teachers, and administration.

Last modified Riversprings Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.