Crestview, FL

Posted September 11, 2014
This School is outstanding from the wonderful teachers and staff to the amazing facilities. My children absolutely love it

Posted May 30, 2014
My two children, next year to be three children attend this school. I must admit I was a bit nervous when I read all the ranting and raving about Antioch. I was extremely disappointed when we moved from out of state to Riversides district. Y'all, this school is like someone else said Crestviews best kept secret! I have never seen my children so happy in a school before. They wake up happy and antsy to get to school! The teachers welcomed my girls in with open arms it was as if my kids have been attending this school since prek. This school is fairly new so everything in it is new. They have a wonderful music program like I've never seen. They choose what they want to eat for lunch and the library is phenomenal. All I can say is keep an open mind because when you visit this school you will be blown away!

Riverside Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2014
Unfortunately, this is one of the worst experiences my child and I have ever had with a school. My personal opinion is that the majority of the teachers at this school do not have the ability to teach a child, they are only capable of instructing a group. I was very disappointed and have, thankfully, moved out of the county and away from that district. I truly hope that these teachers receive the training they need and that they receive helpers, as many do not have any. They also need to learn that the parents are not the enemy and that, above any other, we care more about our child than they do. When we for suggestions or email concerns, have the decency to respond. This school needs a lot of work!!!

Posted July 25, 2013
Riverside Elementary School is one of the best schools in Northwest Florida. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. Teachers and staff are caring, hardworking, and truly love their jobs.

Posted December 01, 2012
Riverside Elementary school is by far hands down the best elementary school I have been involved with. My son has been there for 2 years now. He is in 1st grade. We live out of their zone but they have been very helpful and so far both years the zone waiver has been approved. I am very encouraged and hopeful this will continue throughout his elementary years. This is the most involved and informative school I have come across for my children. My daughter went to Northwood and I was and still am very disgusted with them, Richburg and Crestview High. I am so pleased and so thankful for the awesome education my son is receiving at Riverside and had I known then what I know now I would have done anything possible to have my daughter at the old Southside. The entire staff and faculty have been nothing but helpful, involved, informative. Our family has recently gone through several tragedies and without the support from Riverside, I don't know where things would would be for my son and his education. Thank you so much to everyone at Riverside without you my son would not have the amazingly awesome start and education he is getting during these very crucial early years. Cudos. 100 stars!!

Riverside Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
My son did his 3rd grade at Riverside. We actually love the school but I had a HUGE problem with my sons teacher. She had no control over the class, extremely unorganized, claimed she had very little time during the day to write notes home about how my son was doing. She never made sure he or any of the kids had packed their homework and when I suggested his Math homework book stay at home, and she just make sure my son had the pages, she still couldn't manage even that! I even volunteered to put homework packages together for the class and she told me she didn't have the weeks shedule and that she put the lesson plans together during the day for the next day, which was shown to be false after talking to the principle. And after weeks and weeks of asking her to help me help my son, I finally went to the principle and the matter was resolved for about a week and then the teacher went back to being lazy again. So over all I was NOT happy with the teacher WE had, but I don't blame the school, the staff are extremely helpful and other people I talked to said they had great teachers. I don't like that the school concentrates mostly on the FCAT but that is all schools around this area

Posted July 30, 2012
My family moved to Crestview a few months before school ended this year.. However my son finished his first grade year here at Riverside Elem. and in comparison to the school he was going to in Birmingham Alabama...this school is off the charts he managed an A average at his old school, but didnt feel as welcome or comfortable in the 1 1/2 years he was at his old school.When he started here at Riverside he felt very welcome and comfortable. His teacher and the rest of the facilty made me as a parent feel very comfortable asking questions as to how my son was doing in the new atmosphere...I am looking forward to all the years to come for my 2nd grader and my son who will be attending this school for K next year....GO Riverside Eagles keep up the good work!

Posted December 13, 2010
My daughter's first school, she attended Kinder and 1st grade here. I loved the school, so did she. While in Kindergarden it was Southside, now Riverside, same faculty with a more beautiful school location. I couldn't ask for more, the faculty was very good and involved, so was the administrative office, always very helpful. My daugher is and remains an A+ student thanks to them in great part. I'd highly recommend this school to anyone with high expectations/standards.

Posted August 21, 2007
As with any school, parent involvement is very important. You can never have enough parent volunteers at the school. Both of my children have attended Southside Elementary School since their kindergarten years (oldest just started 6th grade). The teachers at SES are phenomenal - top notch. They teach because they are passionate about educating youth. They are sensitive, caring and there! I can't speak highly enough about this school that we have come to love and cherish.

Posted September 13, 2006
Southside is a great school. The principal and teachers are outstanding. I would not send my child anywhere else.

Riverside Elementary School
3400 E Redstone Ave, Crestview, FL  32539
Last modified Riverside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top