584 students|Citrus

Bad
Good

Crystal River Primary School 3

Posted May 05, 2015
Trying to add this to compare citrus springs elementary. I am relocating and want the best place for my son. Need a 3/2 any around this school?

Crystal River Primary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is disorganized when it comes to information and has teachers who do not seem to know what they are doing. My child will not be coming back here next year. On top of that the school transportation is a complete joke. I've never been so dissatisfied with a school such as this one. With how many complaints I've heard from other parents as well I'm not sure how this school has gotten any stars at all. You do not want your children going here.

Crystal River Primary School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
Though my child did learn reading while there, she learned nothing else and I was even told that she was unable to comprehend things she already excelled at during pre-school. This school is very disorganized. My child was even left behind at school one time because things were not handled properly during dismissal. This school also handled the misbehavior of children very poorly. I had visited my child's class for a whole week and it did not seem like the teachers knew what they were doing. Luckily we will be moving this summer and my child will not have to come back here. School transportation is absolutely ridiculous. The previous bus driver was great but this new one is always late and cannot keep the children in check. This school has been an extreme disappointment and I feel sorry for any parents whose children have to continue going here.

Crystal River Primary School 4

Posted April 04, 2014
My school is awesome it got my child's reading scores up. The teachers care a great deal.

Crystal River Primary School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
CPR is a great school. The teachers are wonderful and the children are very respectful. My child is receiving an excellent education in a kind and caring enviroment. My only complaint would be the lack of parent involvment.

Posted April 13, 2010
From the principal down to teachers, volunteers, aides, WTI workers--all are wonderful and care deeply for their students and their families.

Posted August 15, 2008
My children went to Crystal River Primary for 5+ years. It is a wonderful school, with a great, caring staff. The teachers and staff feel like family to this day. We had to move this year, and I know I'll be wishing I could find a school like that for my children again for years to come. We Miss You! --The Feinsingers

Crystal River Primary School 5

Posted June 25, 2005
Teachers are top notch and the level of multicultural influence is higher than any other elementary school in this district. I think that is so important for our children nowadays.

Crystal River Primary School 4

Posted June 04, 2004
Working with the staff, parents, and children at CRPS is a joy every single day. I go to work early and stay late by choice because I want to give my best to the children. We all know we are there for one reason: The children. I have family and friends working across the nation and none of them give their schools a higher satisfaction rating than I do. CRPS and Citrus Co. FL is a great place to work and educate your children. I have two kids that went through the system here too. I speak with almost 30 years of experience.

Crystal River Primary School 3

Posted June 29, 2003
this school is improving, but we need more parent involvement. The teachers need to be more aware of the children who are in trouble academically, and be willing to help that child more in class, or find some way to assist the child to learn. More parents need to step up and become involved in the school and its policies.The staff also need to allow the parents to participate more in their childs' education, not just on field trips!

8624 West Crystal Street, Crystal River, FL  34428
Last modified Crystal River Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.