Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School 3

Posted June 05, 2014
I currently registered my children in this school. At first I felt extremely welcomed and every time I called with a question the staff was helpful. The teachers that I met were so so... the pre-k teachers I wasn't too happy with pre-k way the spoke to the children. I did not appreciate one of them telling me that she prefers a 2year old to be fully potty-trained because it's more work for her. Whoa!? Anyways when I finally paid the non-refundable registration and other payments I was treated nonrefundable. I had a question I was rushed out the office being told wait until orientation for those questions. As soon as my credit card swiped the registration office and personal changed their friendly attitude to get the heck out lady. I hope that this changes or perhaps it was an off day. My children are looking forward to starting the school. I hope that this school is worth all the money that they charge. As a parent you want to feel welcomed so you know that your children are being left in good hands.

Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School 2

Posted April 18, 2014
I had two children go through Holy Rosary with several years between them. Our entire family loved this school when our eldest attended. Unfortunately; the school has seriously declined. Much of the family atmosphere and genuine caring for the students has sadly dwindled to a few caring teachers. The recent school leadership has also affected the faculty. Many of the veteran teachers are unhappy with the environment and direction of Holy Rosary and looking to move on. Quality of academics is still solid as expected in a Catholic school, and if your in Miami-Dade your gonna have to pay for a decent education for your kids. As far as discipline, this isn't your father's Catholic school. No more Nuns and priests. The days of guiding or mentoring are gone. Kids with issues are quickly removed at this school. All in all one of your best bets in the area unless you can afford more, I'm just glad my kids are done here.

Posted March 29, 2014
I am a parent at Holy Rosary Catholic School. My family has been a part of this school for over 5 years and we love it! Last school year was a tough one mostly because our principal, although meant well, lacked leadership skills. This school year has brought about many positive changes. We have an amazing new principal who really cares, is accessible, is a real leader, and is a woman of great faith. This school is going in the right direction and I am looking forward to another great school year!

Posted November 14, 2013
Our three children have attended Holy Rosary. Our oldest has now gone on to High School and was very well prepared. The teachers are excellent and it is a safe and caring learning environment. Administration is responsive to parents and really top notch. The school had continued to make improvements this last year- from IPADS to landscaping. My children love going to school at Holy Rosary. Children happy at their school is key to a good education.

Posted June 10, 2013
My two children have been attending Holy Rosary-St Richard for three years now and they couldn't be happier with their school. It is true the School is going through a crisis, due in part to the generalized crisis the nation is going through, but also to the Administration's lack of character and leadership. That could definitely be improved. But for us it is important to see that many people are working together to help and it shows. This was a great year for my children academically wise. They love their teachers and most of the teachers at the school are really caring. There is a sense of family and community despite the problems and the children feel loved and secure. They have learn a lot and love going to school. I have worried some times, but in the end they are happy and learning. Our experience has been mostly positive and we have found a great community, great friends, and in general people with whom we can share many values. Yes, there's problems, and yes, there's negative people but where isn't? I wouldn't go any where else because simply I don't expect to find a better school in what matter to me the most: quality of education and values.

Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School 1

Posted June 07, 2013
Holy Rosary has a lot of problems. My child has attended this school for several years, since Pre-K 3, but will not be returning next year. I have seen a steady decline in most aspects related to education and infrastructure in these previous years. The school has a lot of financial issues and improving buildings and maintenance take a back seat. The principal is not a leader and does not pay attention to the many issues of concern that the parents raise. There is a lot of nepotism and other firms of favoritism. Even with the Archdiocese of Miami-mandated faculty shake up, the school still has many teachers that are simply not qualified to be in front of a classroom. The school has had a declining enrollment every year and this particular year there were way too many students withdrawn during the year due to dissatisfaction. I know that like us, many families will not be returning next year. Avoid a huge disappointment and do your research. Inquire with other families before considering this school.

Posted April 11, 2013
Overall, the school is very family-oriented. Because of its small size, bonds are formed between the families instantly. However, if your child is either academically gifted or has special needs, they fall by the wayside. It's very "middle of the road" in that aspect. There are other private and public schools that better cater to children on the other ends of the learning spectrum. It is not especially diverse, which means that entering children may be made to feel different or singled out. Also, all the classes touted in the brochures are not available. This year, there were no music classes or after school ballet. The school's greatest pluses are the strong faith formation and nurturing environment.

Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School 2

Posted December 15, 2012
My child attended this school last year and had been there since 1st grade. Overall I was satisfied with it on an academic level but what I really liked was the faith formation. When academically it started to get more challenging, I felt the teachers didn't care. There are more than a few "bad apples" and it seemed to get worse in the upper grades. When I asked for help, I was told we would have to pay extra for tutoring. It seemed like they really didn't care if my daughter was failing in a subject yet exceeding in all others. The money seemed more important. Afterschool costs were also outrageous and the Principal seemed "lost". Overall it was disheartening. I think the breakdown came down to the administration and staff. The staff seem to run all over the current principal, which is a very sad thing. I would not recommend sending your child here unless they are very young and you want a good (albeit expensive) daycare.

Posted March 04, 2012
Overall this is a decent school. All the public school in the area are terrible so if you live in the area you really need to send your child here if you can afford. This school is the exact opposite of the stero types of catholic school. There are fights, bullying, and lots of drama, just like any other school. All that really prepared me for life as I am currently and 8th grader getting ready for highschool. The education you get is pretty decent. Way better than a public school, but not great. The teachers, to be honest, like any other private school, do play favorites. I like this thought, like I said earlier, it prepared me for life. But most importantly, this school gave me my faith, which is why I gave this school 4 stars instead of 3. I have been here since 1rst grade and I do love it, although I really hate it at times, overall I do really love this school. I didn't want to go here at first because I thought it would be borIng because it's a private school, but it's not, there are lots of parties and many fun school events. We also have a great sports program. Our basketball team just placed 1rst in Miami dade county! I had a very good experience here, and do recommend it.

Posted June 28, 2011
I'm a parent of two boys ages 10 and 5 years old. Both of my kids are doing great in all areas related to learning new skills in reading, math, writing. Also, the sports program is been great, where your child or children can choose from: The school offers Cross Country, Track & Field, Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Martial Arts and Cheerleading. This school is a sanctuary for kids to feel safe, welcome and appreciated by teachers, parents and eveyone involved. This private school will offer you child somthing special no only in academics or sports, but spiritually the peace, nurturing and love is all around the facility. Everyone seems very happy and loved. I will recomend this school to any parent out there looking for a private education for their children.

Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School
18455 Franjo Road, Cutler Bay, FL  33157
Last modified Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary-St Richard School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.