625 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Another great year at SAES! I'm so excited for my youngest to start Kindergarten here this year! Everyone, including teachers and staff, are so caring and friendly!

My granddaughter attends this school unfortunately. She attended kindergarten and just completed 2nd grade. The teaching staff in both grades is lacking. There is no parent/teacher communication and tests and quizzes are given irratically.. The children are told they will have a test or spelling bee on Thursday to find out that no test ever comes. This happens weekly. They do however stress the children out when comes time for the state testing. My granddaughter spent a week in tears every day because her teacher told her if she didn't do well on this test, she would not advance to 3rd grade. Shame on them. I might also add, a little organization prior, would keep these students on task and learning at an advanced level of expectation. In summary: Organization, communication, testing, etc. would make this a better experience for my granddaughter and her mother.

My school does'nt leave any child behind. The staff and teachers come together to meet and see how or what they can do to improve childs progress. I feel proud to say my children go to San Antonio elementary.

San Antonio Elementary School, in my opinion, is the best elementary school in the area. My great grandchildren love attending there. The teachers are able to bring the best out in the students without causing stress. The students want to learn and achieve. The atmosphere is relaxed yet disciplined. Students know what is expected of them and they rise to those expectations. The teachers and the principal are approachable and happily will work with the parents and the students to solve any problems that may arise. Parent participation is very high for any event. The educational standards are exceptional. I would recommend SAES to any parent who is looking for a school that is able to fulfill the goals of a quality education for all of the students that attend.

I am a former student of this school. This school has to be the best elementary school in Pasco County. I attended from Pre K through 5th, Excluding 4th grade. At that time I was pulled out to try out the "new and promising" Academy at The Farm. My parents were were so displeased by it that they moved me back to San Ann for 5th because of it's high expectations for students. This school has an outstanding education program that challenges the students to be the best they can be. I attend Pasco High School along with about 80% of the San Antonio 5th grade class of 2004-2005. Of those SAES students I still attend school with, about 75% of them are enrolled in Honors, AP, and Dual Enrollment classes. It is because of the high quality education provided at San Ann that so many of us have been able to excel and be outstanding students. Without SAES, many of us would not make the Honor Roll EVERY SINGLE quarter and receive Academic Scholar Awards EVERY SINGLE YEAR. This is Pasco County elementary education- better yet Florida education- at its absolute finest!

I agree with the other negative reviewer regarding Principal leadership. I would also add the Vice Principal in lacking leadership skills. The administration needs to improve relations with students and parents. This is a common complaint among several parents of children at this school.

As an employee of the school and a former student, I have experienced both sides of the story. San Antonio Elementary is the best elementary school in Pasco County hands down. The only reason parents may feel like the communication is lacking would be because they make no effort to communicate. They think that all they have to do is sit around and everything thing will be done for them. Our leadership is amazing. We have a wonderful administrative staff, an excellent teachers, and the rest of our staff is terrific. Everyday we have people wanting to transfer to San Ann because it is such a great school. If there are any parents that have problems with this school, they should ask themselves what they aren't doing rather than what we aren't doing. I love San Antonio Elementary School and hope to have my kids going there one day.

Principal leadership is lacking. Little to no communication exists between the office and parents pertaining to important issues concerning our children. The website is rarely updated, no hardcopies go out and no phone calls are made unless initiated by the county. Outside of controlling where parents can and can not park, it would appear there is very little leadership qualities. The teachers and staff seem to be above average, showing concern for the children, yet one has to question the curriculum. Regardless of the quality of the teachers, they can only excel to a certain point if the leadership is limited. If this school should have a $7,000,000 budget, why are parents always asked for more money? If it were a private school, those children would have the best education in the country. The lack of effeciency and abundance of waste is neverending -

Last modified San Antonio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.