Public charter
Dade City, FL

Posted May 14, 2014
Academy at the Farm has been a blessing for our child and family. The public school we're zoned for was not an option due to it's low score and the horror stories I've heard from friends and teachers; it was either homeschool or hope that our child got into AATF. The children receive such a wonderful, individualized education that fits their needs (small groups if they're behind or above their grade level) and the teachers are consistent about staying in touch on your child's progress. The office staff is incredible and very kind; there's always a bright smiling face to greet you . The director is a cut above the rest. My husband and I are both awed by his dedication to the school and students. ( I swear he must have a clone because he is proudly at every meeting and every event!) We love the school and look forward to many years of proudly being AATF parents.

Posted January 06, 2014
I not only am a parent, but also a teacher at AATF. My children have been there 7 years now. I am extremely happy with the education my children receive. They both get what they need academically and also the character development training that is lacking in other schools. There is absolutely no other school for my children. Now...we need a high school!

Academy At The Farm 1

Posted April 05, 2013
We waiting to get a spot in this school, which did not come available until mid-year. I dismissed the negative comments after touring the school. However, I removed my child from the school because of the nature of the teachers and principal. They did not have his best interests at heart and sitting through the parent-teacher conference was like listening to people complain about their job at a bar. We moved him to the school to get away from bullies and what we found were nothing more than adult ones. I spoke one of the men who started the school recently and he removed his son because of the new principal. I also had an education professor research the teachers & principal and he was very disappointed in the credentials he found. I am sure that for some parents this school is great. However, I know what an actual great school is and this is not it. The negative reviews are correct. Don't waste your time or your child's. The extra staff in the rooms (paraprofessionals) are just helpers. Not teachers.

Posted March 04, 2013
This is the 2nd yr my children attend this school. My kids love it, the teachers do a great job addressing the children's learning capabilies, they offer enrich and academic support for both of my children. They offer enough clubs at the school. I hope the future years are as good at the first 2!

Posted February 27, 2013
My child started kindergarten at the zoned elementary school and started struggling with the fact that she had too many misbehaving children in her class. Luckily, mid year she was able to start academy at the farm and her entre aura changed. She was excited about school, talked about her teachers and assignments and never has to deal with bad behavior. The teachers along with the child to teacher ratio is amazing! I could not be happier with this school.

Posted February 27, 2013
After reading the negative comments posted on this site I can guarantee they were written by people that were not able to get in from the waiting list and are disgruntled. I can say there is a huge waiting list for this school because of its stellar reputation and you cant just move to the area and kiss some butts and think you will get in. There is an equal opportunity lottery and just because you came from the "best charter school" doesnt mean your walking right in. It is a shame people would bad mouth a school that has worked so hard to receive its wonderful reputation. I had to wait my turn and the wait was worth it!

Posted January 23, 2013
Here's why I like AATF: I called to verify my kids' re-enrollment form was received by the office because I sent it to school with my son. (You can't be too careful and there's no way I'd want to lose our spot.) When I was connected with the Admin Assistant and told her who I was, she didn't even have to look anything up. She said she had received it and everything was in order. That's what I love about this school. You're not just another face in the crowd and the individual matters. I'm not one of the moms who lives at the school. I'm just a regular mom who pops in to help a time or two each year. But they know people by name. They hire sharp people who treat others with dignity and respect while maintaining an expectation of success and excellence. Can't say enough good about the school!

Posted January 23, 2013
This place is FANTASTIC! What a difference! An extremely happy learning environment!!! Not a detail is missing!

Posted January 12, 2013
AATF is a great place for kids to grow in learning and in character. The leadership and staff recognize that this is just as important to a child's success as academics. The school sets high standards academically, as they should. Anyone who has been paying attention to the direction Florida is steering the education system understands that the Common Core standards are only a few years away and students will be expected to acheive so much more than what is currently expected. Instruction must be rigourous now to prepare them for what is to come. Reviewers have mentioned that their children have done so much better after leaving AATF, that is not neccessarily a good thing since Pasco County is doing nothing to prepare students for the rigourous and demanding standards that are coming soon. Another reviewer mentioned negatively to the fact that many teachers/staff have their own children in the school. I would be worried otherwise! Why would I send my child to a school if the teachers themselves didn't feel it was a good place to educate their own kids? AATF may not be for everyone, but it's the only place for my children! I highly recommend anyone to come check it out!

Posted January 12, 2013
We have been a part of this school from the beginning. We helped move in fixures to open this school. A solid school committed to closing the educational gap in this country. You can be sure that your child will be challenged to excel and perform at the highest level they can reach. Of course some parents and children are not able to accept this and cry as they leave. If you want your child to succeed in high school and beyond this is the place. Math, reading and tech skills are required to excel in the ever shrinking global enviroment and you can see on the evening news that other countries are moving beyond us simply due to high level education. A conservative family based school with solid leadership.

Academy At The Farm
9500 Alex Lange Way, Dade City, FL  33525
Last modified Academy At The Farm is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy At The Farm Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top