442 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

It was such a blessing that our children got into Academy at the Farm when we moved up here. We came from a charter school in Tampa that offered "individualized" curriculum but AATF truly does individualized instruction. We love that there is a teacher and a paraprofessional in every classroom, class sizes are smaller, and my kids are learning. This school also offers extra-curricular activities like Robotics Club, Technology Club, Karate, cooking clubs, and our personal favorites of 4-H and the afterschool Agriculture Club. The faculty, staff, parents and students that we have worked with or met are great and friendly.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Not when it's the teachers that are bullies.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Completely ineffective, only concern is fund raising and the school grade.

Develops character: Disagree

The only thing our children felt were pressure to make good grades for the sake of the school grades.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers do not communicate with parents. Requests for conferences were ignored.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Way too much homework for young children.

This school simply does not live up to the hype. We waited several years to get into this school and left shortly after. Not at all what we were expecting. We know several families that have done the same. It really is surprising considering the "grades" they brag about, we were hopeful. We were also warned about the cliques of this school, I'm talking about the parents, not the children. You wouldn't think it would matter, but in a school like this it certainly does! It's really quite sad, this school has a lot of potential. If you ask around you will find SEVERAL families that have left this school very disappointed.

Academy at the Farm has been a blessing for our child and family. The public school we're zoned for was not an option due to it's low score and the horror stories I've heard from friends and teachers; it was either homeschool or hope that our child got into AATF. The children receive such a wonderful, individualized education that fits their needs (small groups if they're behind or above their grade level) and the teachers are consistent about staying in touch on your child's progress. The office staff is incredible and very kind; there's always a bright smiling face to greet you . The director is a cut above the rest. My husband and I are both awed by his dedication to the school and students. ( I swear he must have a clone because he is proudly at every meeting and every event!) We love the school and look forward to many years of proudly being AATF parents.

I not only am a parent, but also a teacher at AATF. My children have been there 7 years now. I am extremely happy with the education my children receive. They both get what they need academically and also the character development training that is lacking in other schools. There is absolutely no other school for my children. Now...we need a high school!

We waiting to get a spot in this school, which did not come available until mid-year. I dismissed the negative comments after touring the school. However, I removed my child from the school because of the nature of the teachers and principal. They did not have his best interests at heart and sitting through the parent-teacher conference was like listening to people complain about their job at a bar. We moved him to the school to get away from bullies and what we found were nothing more than adult ones. I spoke one of the men who started the school recently and he removed his son because of the new principal. I also had an education professor research the teachers & principal and he was very disappointed in the credentials he found. I am sure that for some parents this school is great. However, I know what an actual great school is and this is not it. The negative reviews are correct. Don't waste your time or your child's. The extra staff in the rooms (paraprofessionals) are just helpers. Not teachers.

Last modified Academy At The Farm is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.