316 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Mrs. Hurst has been a great teacher!! She gives 110% to every one of her student and brings out the best in them! I couldn't ask for a better teacher for my son!!

Posted July 22, 2014
I have one son there now and my older son went there as well and I am happy to say that Collins have been a great school. The teachers go above and beyond for their students and the administration have been the best. They do everything in their power to keep parents involved in every part of their children's education. I will be keeping my children in Collins for as long as possible.

Posted July 12, 2014
Our grandson attends Collins Elementary and has excelled achieving in Reading, Math, and Spelling. We have found the entire staff to be very caring and dedicated to every child's education. And, kudos to Ms. Wimberly for doing such a wonderful job with our grandson.

Posted July 01, 2013
THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL. MANY OTHERS IN THE AREA MAY NOT AGREE SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME ONES WHO REALLY DONT WORRY OR BOTHER ABOUT THEIR CHILDRENS EDUCATION. THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT AND THEY ALWAYS DO A GREAT JOB WITH MAKING SURE THE KIDS ARE FIRST!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK COLLINS ! GO TIGERS!!!!

Posted June 11, 2012
This school is an excellent "EDUCATION IS IMPORTANT". My 1st grade daughter is a student at Collins and her education level is above average. She has been there since 3yr old pre-school. Her teachers strive for excellent in their students. Knows each child's strength to make it better. The principal and the staff are very caring and want nothing but the best education for the students. I lllove the school. My older sons attended between 2000-2004. A proud parent since. A WONDERFUL EDUCATED STAFF. Go Terrific Tigers!!

Posted June 09, 2012
This is a great school. There are many opportunities for your child to grow academically, socially and emotionally. My child's teacher was awesome. She knew exactly what his strengths and weaknesses were upon the first week of school. My son has grown so much. The class size was small which is definitely a benefit for a great education. My son is reading two grade levels above. Please keep up the great work Collins! Thank you so much!

Posted May 02, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS A GREAT ACADEMIC SCHOOL: The children at this school are learning a tremendous amount of knowledge at this school. The school is small but the academics are large, not to mention, the students are recognized for their abilities. My child attends another school now, and she is not recognized for her intelligence. However, when she was at Collins Elementary, my child was a STAR. Thanks to Collins, my child is still pushing

Posted August 28, 2010
Collins Elementary school have an awesome principle and professional instructors. I am so grateful to have my child in the 4 year old program. My little girl is learning to read better and write. I will travel miles to get my little girl to this school on time. This is an A+ School.

Collins Elementary School 3

Posted April 18, 2010
I have 2 children who attend the school, 1st and 2nd grade. I feel the teachers are extremely nice and get along very weel with the children. The school try's to make it fun for the kids to learn. My issue is that my children come from another state in which the curriculum is more advanced. I feel that they are being held back! My 2nd grader for example often complains of how bored he is and his teacher has acknowledged his advancement. Instead of moving him forward they prefer to complain of his fidgeting. She says, since he tends to complete his work before the other children, he disrupts them from learning with his humming and fidgeting. I will be looking for another school for them to attend. I don't want my children to be held back if they are capable of doing so much more.

Posted January 06, 2009
I have two children that attend Collins and i feel like my 7 year old is not being taught enough. I agree with one of the parents that the school is outdated. My kindergartener is not being challanged don't get me wrong he has a great teacher, is just that he is the type of child that needs to be challenged or he will get bored. I feel that the curriculum needs to be updated or changed completly as well as more parent participation. Parents have to participate to make a better school for their children.

1050 Northwest 2nd Street, Dania Beach, FL  33004
Last modified Collins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.