782 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This is the worse school my children have attended. The administration is phony and uninformed. They have completely failed to support my son who is an ESE student in general education. He has a diagnosis of Autism, and the teachers have no clue what his capabilities are. He's been placed in Advanced level classes and we've asked that he be placed in the easier level classes. He has little to no supports even though his Previous IEP had push-in support. He's failing core subjects and the teachers are blaming the student and us as parents. I have been complaining and requesting other school options and the Broward school district does nothing. This has been a horrible experience. We were requested by the Principal to attend a parent teacher conference and not one teacher showed up!!! These people have absolutely no respect for us as parents. Futhermore, there are a lot of fights, and my son's cell phone was stolen out of his bag. They're always having Code Red and Code Yellow emergencies and they don't inform parents of incidents, lying stating that it was just a drill. Be careful with sending your boys to this school.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Our concerns and requests have been ignored

This school is a 10 in my book, all day & twice on Sunday! My daughter is ESE and we have been down a very bumpy and lonnnnngggg road finding the right placement, to me its all about the professionals that staff that right district. Mr. Shaw has been teaching for 30 years and really knows what he is doing, my daughter LOVES him! *tear* I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that all of the admin at Olsen Middle really is TOP NOTCH as well! They have not missed a beat with ANY member of staff either...I felt good vibes from my very first contact the day we moved into the area and it has been a wonderful year ever sense. GREAT JOB OMS! *applause*

The school is being run by a wonderful and hard working principal and staff, but most of the students lack caring parents. The parents don't attend P T A meetings and they support the school poorly. The population of the school is mixed so it's clear to me that this lack of caring is a general behavior common to all the racial classes and socioeconomic positions. It takes a village to nurture kids and it is evident the parents are not doing their part. I am a parent.

This public school is nice in every way and form,But the school doesn't know how to tolerate and discipline kids. You wouldn't want your daughter or son to have relationships and not focus on education this is what's happening at this school.The kids want to fight other kids, more students are talking than less students that are listening to the teacher. some teachers are yelling at kids and making them do push is wrong instead of sending them to the office.The kids are also skipping class in the bathroom and they don't check every 10 or 20 mins to make sure nobody is hurt or skipping . Some kids are doing drugs bringing it to school is very often. SO, DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO GO TO OLSEN MIDDLE SCHOOL ?

My school is an exciting place to learn. The teachers care and give all of us a chance to improve our grades as well as our behavior. The assistant principal Ms. Ortiz is a GREAT influence on us. She is preparing us for the real world, she is dedicated and hard working. My first year at Olsen was really difficult. I had multiple problems and Ms. Ortiz was always there for me. She has patience and the ability to work with students in a way none of the other teachers or administrators can. There all kinds of activities and groups for everybody to join. Olsen middle has many opportunities for your child to develop. An Awesome Olsen Student.

My school is amazing, the teachers, staff and administrators care about the students not only academically but personally. They develop relationships to ensure student success. Olsen has programs to meet the needs of all students

My school is amazing. Up to date in education and technology. Really worth attending. Fun, safe, and friendly environment.

I attended Olsen Junior High 1959,1960,1961 and 1962. I had Mrs. Looper in 7th grade social studies. Mr. Lerner for science. Music was Mrs, Bailey. Pencils were two for nickle at the school store.

The teachers and staff care! My child is having the best year this year because Olsen is an awesome school!

Last modified Olsen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.