782 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school is being run by a wonderful and hard working principal and staff, but most of the students lack caring parents. The parents don't attend P T A meetings and they support the school poorly. The population of the school is mixed so it's clear to me that this lack of caring is a general behavior common to all the racial classes and socioeconomic positions. It takes a village to nurture kids and it is evident the parents are not doing their part. I am a parent.

This public school is nice in every way and form,But the school doesn't know how to tolerate and discipline kids. You wouldn't want your daughter or son to have relationships and not focus on education this is what's happening at this school.The kids want to fight other kids, more students are talking than less students that are listening to the teacher. some teachers are yelling at kids and making them do push is wrong instead of sending them to the office.The kids are also skipping class in the bathroom and they don't check every 10 or 20 mins to make sure nobody is hurt or skipping . Some kids are doing drugs bringing it to school is very often. SO, DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO GO TO OLSEN MIDDLE SCHOOL ?

My school is an exciting place to learn. The teachers care and give all of us a chance to improve our grades as well as our behavior. The assistant principal Ms. Ortiz is a GREAT influence on us. She is preparing us for the real world, she is dedicated and hard working. My first year at Olsen was really difficult. I had multiple problems and Ms. Ortiz was always there for me. She has patience and the ability to work with students in a way none of the other teachers or administrators can. There all kinds of activities and groups for everybody to join. Olsen middle has many opportunities for your child to develop. An Awesome Olsen Student.

My school is amazing, the teachers, staff and administrators care about the students not only academically but personally. They develop relationships to ensure student success. Olsen has programs to meet the needs of all students

My school is amazing. Up to date in education and technology. Really worth attending. Fun, safe, and friendly environment.

I attended Olsen Junior High 1959,1960,1961 and 1962. I had Mrs. Looper in 7th grade social studies. Mr. Lerner for science. Music was Mrs, Bailey. Pencils were two for nickle at the school store.

The teachers and staff care! My child is having the best year this year because Olsen is an awesome school!

great school has its moments like every school

My daughter adores this scholl and as a parent with the level of her grades and her aptitude in learning, I give the school a B+

I think this school is a great example of a neighborhood school. The principal, Kim Flynn has really had a great impact on the educational environment and has incorporated the basic skills of reading writing and math applications in all the subjects which gives the student every day applications of what they are learning. In my daughter's 6th grade math class they would spend part of the period practicing their writing skills and in science they were required to keep a daily journal. I would have liked the educational team to be more interested in individual students nd their strengths and weaknesses but understandably with the lack of appropriate funding from the state level they are over worked and underpaid. I msut say the 6th grade assistant principal, Brian Kingsley is outstanding in motivating the students and made me feel, as a parent, a really important member of the educational team.

Last modified Olsen Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.