Ridgeview Global Studies Academy

Charter | K-5 | 850 students

Posted June 5, 2014

We are so happy to have found this A school. The parents and kids are great, the teachers are fantastic, we are much happier than when we were in Orange county and will be staying for several years. We have completed one year here and have no complaints. The after school program is above the norm. The learning is advanced. The gifted program is well organized. They have PE every day which is extremely important to our family. They have great specials such as advanced music and art also. My only complaint is that I wish they had middle school!

Posted January 30, 2014

RGSA still is the best school in our area. children continue to receive quality education. Parent involvement is really up to the parent , there are plenty of opportunities . All teachers are responsive via emails ,agendas or text.

Posted December 17, 2013

Ignore the negative feedback. This school is amazing. I have had THREE children (with a fourth on her way there soon!) attend and two of them are now 4.0 students at Discovery. Every teacher my children have had have exceeded my expectations and the administrative staff is organized and professional. As a teacher myself, I see quality in the education that my children receive/received at Ridgeview Global Studies and would not send my children anyplace else. For the record, parent involvement is of no fault of the school. Ridgeview holds several library nights, parent-teacher meetings, etc.--not to mention the Global Fiesta--in an effort to bring families to the school. --Brazil, Versailles, and Salvatore's Mom.

Posted July 17, 2013

the school is based on FCAT tests and they dont even teach science in fourth grade. The teachers are average, except few of them, and administration just focus on FCAT to avoid loosing funding. No parent involvement at all and no student recognintion. Just few students are able to participate in extracurricular activities due bias with other students. I do not reccomend this school at all. In my opinion it is an average school. The parents that states is excellent, they don't have an idea what means excellence.

Posted April 1, 2013

A little know fact, Mr. Ed Bowling, 5th Grade Teacher at this school is the cousin of Country Music Entertainers. The Judds, composed of Naomi Judd and her daughter, Wynonna Judd. Signed to RCA Records in 1983, the duo released six studio albums between then and 1991. One of the most successful acts in country music history, The Judds won five Grammy Awards for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal, and eight Country Music Association awards. The duo also charted twenty-five singles on the country music charts between 1983 and 2000, fourteen of which went to Number One and six more of which made Top Ten on the same chart. Mr. Bowling is an outstanding teacher, well liked and has sucessfully lead his 5th grade clases to the highest FCAT scores at Ricdeview Global Studies Academy

Posted September 13, 2012

What a wonderful extention of your family. Everything about Ridgeview Global has been a wonderful adventure for me and my family. I have two children attending there and my youngest was so well know by all the teachers before she even started. At the start of every school year my kids are excited to see with will happen. They LOVE going to school.My only wish is that they had a middle school. Mr. Frier is an amazing person and it shows in all his teachers and students. Thank you Mr. Frier.

Posted June 12, 2012

If my son didn't get into this school I was going to homeschool him. Well, he did get in & we really do love this school. His kindergarten teacher was Miss Miller. We couldn't have asked for a better teacher. I think that she has made my son love school. He never wanted a day off. On the weekends he would say, "I wish school was every day". They had all the kids (about 800) in the cafeteria for a talent show. They were all well behaved. They all came in & were seated in about 10 minutes. I think that says a lot about this school.

Posted June 11, 2012

I love this school! My daughter used to go to loughman oaks elementary and they were unable to help her pass kidergarten and it was so dissapointing that when I found out about Ridgeview I jumped on the wagon so fast putting her on the list. One year later I got a call that she was accepted to the school, and she was so much happier and her 3rd grade teacher Mrs Guzman-lizardo helped her so much wich has exceeded our expectations. She did great that year! In all I can say its an amazing school but I do feel like the talent show is a fail at this school I never attend only because they only choose a few kids and my daughter was alittle sad she was not chosen, I understand there are other kids who are better but the kids that want to participate should be able to do so, whether they are good or not so much. All in All I'm pleased and all 3 of my kids will be attending there!!!

Posted February 3, 2012

Excellent school. All their Staff is amazing. They are on top of everything. My daughter is middle school now and she always go to their global fiesta to say hi to all. She loves that school. My little one is going now to Kinder and will go to Ridge view. The principal Mr Frier, Mr Bowling and Mr Lovizio are wonderful. The nurse is a lovely person and the office staff as well.

Posted June 13, 2011

Ridgeview is one heck of a school. All kids from different cultural backgrounds are HAPPILY welcomed and all kids are treated no differently. They all get respect, love, and not to mention happieness. The staff there is so supportive! The Dean, the Principal , and even the lunch ladies are there to give out hugs, and a series of high fives and fist bumps. Why would anyone choose another school? On academics, we're all taught extremely well and we try our best with our supportive, loving, and caring teachers. I had the best experience there! I would reccomennd this school to anyone and everyone. It's heartbreaking to have to leave. Sincerely, Jeannette Fonseca

Posted April 4, 2011

Definitely the BEST school in our area. My children are experiencing quality education at Ridgeview Global. My oldest is a little advanced in reading and his teachers have enrolled him in a program to suit his needs in advance literature.

Posted March 6, 2011

This Is the most excellent school out of all the schools all of our friends enjoyed there expericence. We could never stop thinking about all the teachers there. Exspecially Mr. Frier The principle he made all the years there the best! He would reword us with all these amazing things such as he would give us a global fiesta, field trips, reword us on our very good grades and behaver, he would also give us a talent show at the end of th year so we could show our skills... We all love Mr. Frier SOO much and all of our teachers i do not think you could find a bad day at that school with Mr. Frier There. Sincerly, Lyndsay Dillman And Jasmine Ruedas

Posted October 4, 2010

As our daughter is in first grade this year and is her second year at the Ridge. We are so happy with her first grade teacher Mrs. Golia, she treats the kids with so much respect and has a plan for each child. We appreciate her prefessionalism in the class room. What a well rounded education my child is getting! Thank you

Posted August 12, 2010

This school is one of the best. I choose and waited almost a year to get my daughter to attend. The musicals and different programs they offer are great tools for the children. I especially enjoy watching my daughter participate. The alternate schools are public with C average grades and have trailers as classrooms.

Posted July 12, 2010

This is an excellent school, I do not care about the musicals, I care about the quality of the teachers and the academic level and it is really excellent, I do not think my daugthers need to sing at school they need to learn to be good people and to learn what they are supposed to learn at school. If I want them to sing or dance I will go to a different school specialized in this subjects

Posted May 3, 2010

Ridgeview is an awesome school. They have very good teachers.

Posted March 24, 2010

This school and Polk County Schools make a big deal about the ability to view and keep track of grades on line, each each parent is assigned a log-on, to track daily progress. We have some teachers who do not keep these on lines grades current. Doing this is a part of their jobs, and no different than students not doing their assignments. We are graded based upon are completing assignments - Why not our teachers?
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 11, 2009

Awesome school, great teachers but some of the office administration staff are just very unfriendly! Replace them with nice people like the teachers. The after care lady is also not good with the kids.

Posted October 19, 2009

Our school fosters a loving and nurturing environment where kids come first. Our principal, Ralph Frier treats his employees with the utmost respect and it his this respect that reflects from the teachers to the students. The staff is one big happy family!

Posted October 19, 2009

Ridgeview has the best administration. They truely care about everyone at our school. You can feel this when you walk onto campus. It's like a family here. Kids love coming to our school. I have taught at a lot of schools and have never been treated as well as I am here. Kids I don't even know give me hugs and stop by my room just to say, 'Good Morning'. Or yell at me in public places telling their parents excitedly, 'Look there's a teacher from my school!' It makes me proud to work at Ridgeview!
—Submitted by a teacher

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

145 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

145 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

132 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

132 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

132 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 2%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1000 Dunson Road