Davenport, FL
Students enrolled: 2,361

Posted August 24, 2015
I have had a child enrolled in this school since it opened in 2005. The first year there was graffiti and damage done to the restrooms so they limited kids from going to the bathroom. Fights are going on all the time and it is usually the kids defending themselves that get into trouble. They don't really do anything about bullying. They don't care about educating our children. There are too many kids from people moving to the area all the time to where they can't take the time to give kids the help they need to succeed. The only thing they care about is what they are wearing which every year is more and more limited. I do not feel as if my kids received a very good education attending this school. If there is any way your child can attend a different school then do it. It will be better for them in the long run.

Posted May 17, 2015
This school is horrible at best. If you want your child to get an education DO NOT send him or her to this school. Some or particularly one of the counselors is horrible. All you hear is how busy they are and that they have oh so many children. So you are basically told to bug off, because they don't have time to answer questions from a parent whos child is new to the school. If a parent requests some information they need to get back with them and not weeks later! The seniors don't really go to class from April till they leave in May. They sit in the gym or wherever because the school is testing. So guess what- the seniors have basically checked out. Now I know people who have transferred their child out of this school because of the same thing. The parents are not shown any respect and the quality of education is poor. Last but not least they don't review your child's classes til two weeks before school ends then they decide that he/she is not is the right class! As a educated parent I am totally appalled at what my child and I have been through this year. I hope this helps someone who is considering sending their child there to rethink their decision.

Posted December 09, 2014
This is the most ridiculous high school. The choice program is a way to push kids out the classroom with no real consequence. They do not care about your child's education. Fights happen daily, the teachers threaten the students, lunches are horrible and there is NO education! My child's life was rocked in just one year at this school because he had to survive with in his surroundings. If you care and love your child....make sure you get them in a charter school.

Posted August 24, 2014
On the forth day of this new school year, Our daughter (9th Grade) suffered a severe Asthma attack, She was taken to the school nurse, and they called me, I went to the school and gave her her emergency Pro-Air Emergency Medication. ( We were waiting for the Doctors Certificate to be issued so as she should have this medication with her at times0 Due to the time from when has the Attack and the time it took me to arrive to the school she was having trouble breathing. I transported her to Nemours Hospital Emergency, she was treated and released two hours later. We has unbelievable help and assistance at Ridge Community High School, from Administrators, Teachers and the School Nurse. We are so grateful for their trained staff. Our daughter returned back to school on Friday. She is taking advanced classes, and has 8 periods of study each day, plus homework. She was taken from the steel Drums and switched to Piano Lessons, her choice. She loves the schedule, the classes, teachers and has many friends that have all come together in 9th grade from her other schools, Discovery Academy of Lake Alfred, Ridgeview Global Studies &, Discovery school of the Arts both in Davenport.

Ridge Community High School 4

Posted April 19, 2014
I've been very impressed by what I've seen of this school, both students and staff. My daughter likes the school a lot. I keep hearing stories about fights and bad behavior though. Of course I remember some of the things that went on when I was in school so I guess these things are still the norm. So far so good.

Ridge Community High School 4

Posted December 28, 2013
Very diverse school with a great variety of activities. Many students have moved to the area from different states and areas so new students fit in easily as there are many other new students. I attended Ridge for my senior year in 2010. I met great people who are my closest friends to this day, and I met the love of my life at Ridge. Great AP teachers, amazing proms, and fun graduation ceremony. Once a bolt, Always a Bolt! C/O 2011

Posted September 09, 2013
I really like the clubs. and the teachers teach really well and connect with students on a personal level.

Posted August 14, 2013
First of all ,I have been attending Ridge community since the ninth grade and I must say It has so much to offer to the student whether it is arts,sports,or JROTC it has it.When it comes to classes teachers push their students to become responsible,hardworking individuals.Also, advanced placement classes,honors,as well as college classes are all offered at the school thus increasing the quality of the students and learning for all.Most importantly, The principal at Ridge community thinks of the students as her children so she never puts differences between any of them : she is always supportive of clubs,sports,arts Etc.The student body is a Family which works hard to represent the school well.

Posted June 23, 2013
This school is one of the worst I have attended. They don't want you to learn, they want you to just pass the FCAT. All they care about is a paycheck. Even the students are proud of failing their tests, and they have no respect, what so ever. Not to mention that if you are a freshman, you HAVE to join ROTC. Its not even a choice. All that principle cares about is her values. If you care about your education, REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THIS POOR EXCUSE OF A SCHOOL.

Posted May 31, 2013
When my son entered ninth grade I was terrified! Ridge Community has been a wonderful, safe place for my son to grow and learn. The principal is caring, involved, and listen to parents and students. We had an issue with a class and she allowed me to advocate for my son and get his schedule changed. There is so many things the students can get involved with - and so many opportunites if you take advantage. I am so happy that my son is a student at Ridge - this are of the county seems to get a bad name, but there are many great things going on.

Ridge Community High School
500 Orchid Drive, Davenport, FL  33837
Last modified Ridge Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top