Davie, FL

Posted April 01, 2014
APA Academy has helped my children succeed immensely in the lats 2 years. It has a great environment, small classes and great curriculum. The have Autism and ADD. Also American Preparatory Academy is a Fully Accredited School by the AISF. Thas is a plus.

Posted October 28, 2013
One of my kids have ADD. His grades @ the public system were at floor levels. His behaviour was getting affected too. As soon as he got into APA his grades were skyrocketing. The teacher student ration is 10 to 1 or less. He is learning at his own pace and he is happy. No behaviour incidents. Thank you APA

Posted August 01, 2013
American Preparatory School is a School for children that are running behind. Kids that the Public System forgot,. My Child is a 504 student and the public system did NOTHING to help him. As soon as he entered the school he felt welcome and understood that he was not the only child in the world with difficulties in learning. Thanks to American Preparatory Academy he started liking to go to school again.

Posted May 28, 2013
I was a student in this school for 5 years. Let me say that those 5 years were really WONDERFUL! The teachers and staff are very helpful and caring, they will always go out of their way to help their students achieve to their highest potential. I have mild autism as well as Chronic Motor Tic Disorder and ADD. My life hasn't always been easy. I've gone through many struggles and faced many barriers. In the public middle school I attended before, I was faced with bullying and exclusion from some of the staff and teachers. I was in doubt on whether or not I was going to make it through, my ADD had taken a huge effect on my learning. It was hard for the teachers to figure me out and work with my difficulties. They had over 25 students in the class and barley bothered with me. I was excluded because they apparently thought that I wasn't worth the time and effort. My parents had to literraly fight for me to get what I needed. I relocated to APA and everything changed, with teachers and staff members that took the effort to work with me, and their positive pursuation, that stimulated an influence for me to keep going. I eventually improved. I just graduated, and I'm on my way to college!

Posted March 18, 2013
Teachers go out of their way to help each and every student! Athletics are fun and exciting! Small class sized, parent and teacher involvment on a daily basis. Accept the "McKay Scholarship"

American Preparatory Academy 1

Posted October 10, 2012
This school is a joke.Don't waste your time or money. Your child will be so behind.

American Preparatory Academy 4

Posted June 13, 2012
I am saddened and shocked to see negative reviews about this school. The teachers are amazing and patient, the class sizes were perfect for a child with ADHD only about 10 per class, they don't have the most updated books or nicest facilities but they care and the students are kind and understanding of each other. My daughter still attends public school and they didn't have enough books, she had to share with another student so the grass is not always greener. Most importantly my child is happy there, he is learning, he is not bullied and the classes move at apace he can understand and handle. The communication between parent and teacher is wonderful, it feels like a family there. The coaches for basketball and baseball are amazing and gave my step son chances to do things he would have never been able to do in a public school setting and for that I am thankful. My family couldn't be happier at APA

American Preparatory Academy 1

Posted May 02, 2012
It is quite obvious this school is run as a business.... NOT A SCHOOL. The owner isn't an educator and doesn't have clue what it takes to operate a school with children

Posted February 08, 2012
all I can say are positive things about this school. Yes, it is small but so are the class sizes. There are no FCAT's or bullies to worry about. As a parent of an ESE student I am extremely pleased with the schools curriculum, activities and atmosphere. Highly recommend to any parent who wants the serenity of knowing that their child is in a safe school with excellent parent to teacher communication. The school is accredited and they do follow the Sunshine State standards.

Posted January 09, 2012
I was searching for a Preschool for my nieces' baby and saw a negative comment on my daughters' old school and I just had to write my own experience with American Preparatory Academy. My daughter graduated from APA last year and we could not be happier with her education and life skills. She was taught not only from books and an educational curriculum but she was taught social skills. She was taught to accept differences and to help others, something we lack these days. She is currently attending Broward College and her credits transferred with no problem so I don't really understand why they would not be transferred to a public school? She plans to transfer to NSU to pursue a PsyD degree to work with Special needs children, a passion she developed at APA. Anyhow, the staff is great and it is a bully-free, drug-free school, with small student-teacher ratio. They offer sign language as well and do accommodate Special Needs as an inclusion program so children do not feel "labeled" or "excluded" from a mainstream classroom. I would highly recommend this school. Children deserve an individualized education and that is what this school provides for them.

American Preparatory Academy
4850 S Pine Island Rd, Davie, FL  33328
Last modified American Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
American Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top