K-12|Private

Bad
Good

I'm a parent of a struggling Child with Attention Deficit disorder. They work in smaller groups and treat them like family. I love it. His grades are fantastic and the Athletics department help him a lot!

As a former teacher at American Prep Academy, I can say that it was one of the best teaching experiences I've had. My co-workers were such a team and we all worked together to develop the 'whole' child.

APA Academy has helped my children succeed immensely in the lats 2 years. It has a great environment, small classes and great curriculum. The have Autism and ADD. Also American Preparatory Academy is a Fully Accredited School by the AISF. Thas is a plus.

One of my kids have ADD. His grades @ the public system were at floor levels. His behaviour was getting affected too. As soon as he got into APA his grades were skyrocketing. The teacher student ration is 10 to 1 or less. He is learning at his own pace and he is happy. No behaviour incidents. Thank you APA

American Preparatory School is a School for children that are running behind. Kids that the Public System forgot,. My Child is a 504 student and the public system did NOTHING to help him. As soon as he entered the school he felt welcome and understood that he was not the only child in the world with difficulties in learning. Thanks to American Preparatory Academy he started liking to go to school again.

I was a student in this school for 5 years. Let me say that those 5 years were really WONDERFUL! The teachers and staff are very helpful and caring, they will always go out of their way to help their students achieve to their highest potential. I have mild autism as well as Chronic Motor Tic Disorder and ADD. My life hasn't always been easy. I've gone through many struggles and faced many barriers. In the public middle school I attended before, I was faced with bullying and exclusion from some of the staff and teachers. I was in doubt on whether or not I was going to make it through, my ADD had taken a huge effect on my learning. It was hard for the teachers to figure me out and work with my difficulties. They had over 25 students in the class and barley bothered with me. I was excluded because they apparently thought that I wasn't worth the time and effort. My parents had to literraly fight for me to get what I needed. I relocated to APA and everything changed, with teachers and staff members that took the effort to work with me, and their positive pursuation, that stimulated an influence for me to keep going. I eventually improved. I just graduated, and I'm on my way to college!

Teachers go out of their way to help each and every student! Athletics are fun and exciting! Small class sized, parent and teacher involvment on a daily basis. Accept the "McKay Scholarship"

This school is a joke.Don't waste your time or money. Your child will be so behind.

My son just started this school year and what a difference American Prep has made in our lives!!! He loves school. He receives the help he needs but is also challenged at the same time without feeling "dumb" as he used to say. His confidence has gone up immensely and I love coming home from work and seeing that he can finally do his HW on his own. Great teacher/parent communication and great learning, caring atmosphere. Looking forward to him graduating from this school.

I am saddened and shocked to see negative reviews about this school. The teachers are amazing and patient, the class sizes were perfect for a child with ADHD only about 10 per class, they don't have the most updated books or nicest facilities but they care and the students are kind and understanding of each other. My daughter still attends public school and they didn't have enough books, she had to share with another student so the grass is not always greener. Most importantly my child is happy there, he is learning, he is not bullied and the classes move at apace he can understand and handle. The communication between parent and teacher is wonderful, it feels like a family there. The coaches for basketball and baseball are amazing and gave my step son chances to do things he would have never been able to do in a public school setting and for that I am thankful. My family couldn't be happier at APA

Last modified American Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12