2,150 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted February 13, 2016
The teachers my daughter has encountered are either way to picky about homework and care about what is written how its written, the condition of the paper its written on, The writing utensil used and ect rather that the actual work. Or they don't give homework very much and don't explain lessons well. But one or two of them are good teachers for example the AP human teacher is very good

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 13, 2016
No complains on homework. they give enough not to much not to little for homework a good amount.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted February 13, 2016
they refuse to take u out of a class while out are in it that you feel you cant handle and if it ruins ur GPA ur problem.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 13, 2016
The school forces student to respect authority to the point that they might fear it.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 13, 2016
the school does not care about students if you are in AP classes and you can not handle it they will not remove you. They care about the money they get from the state, and they enjoy there horrible methods of getting children in trouble in my opinion

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 13, 2016
The school is not fair to any of its students, and treats the honers students better than the rest. The school also according to paraphrase the principle at the new to nova student parents assembly in 2015 " The parents are the advocates for their children, and what the kids complain about does not matter the word of a teacher taken over that of a student"

Nova High School 1

Posted February 13, 2016
this school is horrible if one child in one grade misbehaves the whole school gets punished, this year during lunch there was a food fight in the outside lunching area the school decided that everyone was going to sit in the cafeteria over 600 students squished together like sardines in a can. The children were so squished that they could barely finish their lunches. they then threatened to force the students to stay in this horrible position for over a month and human beings can only survive without food for 40 days about. On top of that they would not let students out of the cafeteria not for a bathroom break, or anything else. My Daughter's friend has braces and after lunch her orthodontist said she must brush her teeth, when she asked the lunch monitor if she could he said no, not until the last 5 minutes when they let everyone out of the lunch room. They then implemented hall sweeps after these treacherous lunches. If u are not acquainted with the term its when u have a certain amount of time to get to class and if u don't make it you get a Saturday detention. At Nova they enforce cruel punishment on students that behave relatively better that students at other high schools. Not to mention the teachers at other schools according to my daughter helped her understand everything better than at nova, the only difference between nova and other schools are that it has more electives, and AP classes.

Nova High School 3

Posted November 29, 2015
At the beginning I was very happy for my kids to attend nova. I had heard so many great things from other people. All the elementary at Eisenhower, it was great but when she reached 6th grade, it was totally different. I feel like my child is attending a regular public school. This is my first time ever having a problem with a teacher. Her teacher spoke to me on the phone and practically told me how to email her,what not to say ,and when to say it. This teacher was so rude that I had to call a conference. Even after the conference and during the teacher was very rude. She requested for a quiet ,Intelligent student to be removed out of her class. I felt so hurt by nova and their administration. My daughter is only in 6th grade and this is the start she receives from a supposed to be great school. I felt they accommodated the teacher and not the student or parent. I have never experienced this before. They eventually removed my daughter because the teacher asked to another class. I can't believe this school. I am very disappointed in Nova Middle school.

Nova High School 1

Posted September 11, 2015
A school littered with simple minded and out of touch bone heads, with the one thought of becoming wannabe sport stars. This school is nothing more than a recycled wasteland and is ready to fall apart all of the way through to it's core. This school looks like the after math of a Bubonic plague that hit the side of a dump truck. I had to self-teach myself all of my past subjects, because no one knew how to behave and this would always disrupt my learning experience from this supposedly sophisticated school. The classroom would turn into the zoo of all animals with down syndrome and everyone I saw around me, except the ones that actually cared could fit into every category that of a zoo animal. Take it from me I have been through the nova system for 10 years now and nothing will ever change, if you send your child here or you want to attend this school DO NOT it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make.

Nova High School 5

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter has attended Nova since kindergarten and is starting her junior year. She has had teachers that have made a lifelong impact and others we wish to forget. Her NJROTC and Engineering instructors are excellent and her core teachers which are a mix of regular, honors & A/P for the most part have all been stellar. My concerns are taken seriously by her guidance counselor & A/P & I make sure to attend the SAC meetings and am a part of the booster clubs to support my child and be involved. I have no complaints and my children < I also have a freshman> are much better off at Nova than they would be at my neighborhood high school.

3600 College Avenue, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Nova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.