2,150 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Posted November 29, 2015
At the beginning I was very happy for my kids to attend nova. I had heard so many great things from other people. All the elementary at Eisenhower, it was great but when she reached 6th grade, it was totally different. I feel like my child is attending a regular public school. This is my first time ever having a problem with a teacher. Her teacher spoke to me on the phone and practically told me how to email her,what not to say ,and when to say it. This teacher was so rude that I had to call a conference. Even after the conference and during the teacher was very rude. She requested for a quiet ,Intelligent student to be removed out of her class. I felt so hurt by nova and their administration. My daughter is only in 6th grade and this is the start she receives from a supposed to be great school. I felt they accommodated the teacher and not the student or parent. I have never experienced this before. They eventually removed my daughter because the teacher asked to another class. I can't believe this school. I am very disappointed in Nova Middle school.

Nova High School 1

Posted September 11, 2015
A school littered with simple minded and out of touch bone heads, with the one thought of becoming wannabe sport stars. This school is nothing more than a recycled wasteland and is ready to fall apart all of the way through to it's core. This school looks like the after math of a Bubonic plague that hit the side of a dump truck. I had to self-teach myself all of my past subjects, because no one knew how to behave and this would always disrupt my learning experience from this supposedly sophisticated school. The classroom would turn into the zoo of all animals with down syndrome and everyone I saw around me, except the ones that actually cared could fit into every category that of a zoo animal. Take it from me I have been through the nova system for 10 years now and nothing will ever change, if you send your child here or you want to attend this school DO NOT it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make.

Nova High School 5

Posted August 18, 2014
My daughter has attended Nova since kindergarten and is starting her junior year. She has had teachers that have made a lifelong impact and others we wish to forget. Her NJROTC and Engineering instructors are excellent and her core teachers which are a mix of regular, honors & A/P for the most part have all been stellar. My concerns are taken seriously by her guidance counselor & A/P & I make sure to attend the SAC meetings and am a part of the booster clubs to support my child and be involved. I have no complaints and my children < I also have a freshman> are much better off at Nova than they would be at my neighborhood high school.

Nova High School 4

Posted July 23, 2014
K-12 class of 03. I could write a book. Long and the short. The students get out what they put it. With every school you will find bad teachers and nova is no exception. But I would say 98 percent of teachers are awesome and go out of their way to help a student that won't to learn or is genuinely trying. It is defiantly a good even mix of all walks of life. Coming out of there I would defiantly say you are a more rounded and diverse individual. When I have kids I would defiantly won't them to go to the nova school system.

Posted May 31, 2014
my son went to nova first thru 12 and the teachers were awesome all thru his whole school but the higher he got the worse decipline my child received. The administration in high school was good but when they get to 12 they just send them thru, I believe its just to get the money for the school. The higher admin has no concern for the parents and definayely not symothic to issues. Ms Erie is #1 in the admin and believe she needs to be higher authority because she is always there to help when a problem occurs. I would say this school is over rated by all means. They look out for themselves and not the children.

Nova High School 2

Posted February 23, 2013
My two kids attended nova. The first one did O.k. but the few classes that were no honors or A.P. teachers were terrible. The youngest one is tired and disappointed in the school. Principal seems more worry about discipline than anything else and school grades and ranking have been dropping during the last five years.... Cannot wait until the end of the school year to take my child out of that school. Social environment is terrible.

Posted August 14, 2012
I have mixed feelings about this school... It seems they only want to cater to tthose students who are taking Honors or AP classes and the rest are left to their luck. My son went to that school for the first year, last year and he used to tell me, ,mom, Nova is not what you think it is. The kids are disrespectful, they don't listen to the teachers, they are rude and loud in the corridors, they don't even know the subjects well he was shocked it is an A school and I have come to realize they are separated by classes and ranks, and if you take only regular classes MOST not ALL of the teachers really don't take the time to communicate with the parents. I had many emails not answered and this was usually from one of the worse classes he had where the students were the worse, Algebra I, which leads me to believe that which I stated before,,, tthey probably discriminate against a regular student vs an advanced student and that is wrong.

Nova High School 5

Posted July 17, 2011
Nova. Still remains the top public school in the county. With programs for the top kids like debate, and athletics and pullout tutoring, Nova is full of opportunities for kids if parents take advantage.

Posted April 25, 2010
My kids go there and the staff and teachers are caring and great!!

Posted May 24, 2009
My children's names were the last on the 'list', this is before the lottery began. They are going to graduate this year and I know that the Nova diploma means everything to them. They realize that Nova brings value to that diploma.

3600 College Avenue, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Nova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nova High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top