2,150 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

The teachers my daughter has encountered are either way to picky about homework and care about what is written how its written, the condition of the paper its written on, The writing utensil used and ect rather that the actual work. Or they don't give homework very much and don't explain lessons well. But one or two of them are good teachers for example the AP human teacher is very good

Amount of homework: Agree

No complains on homework. they give enough not to much not to little for homework a good amount.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school is not fair to any of its students, and treats the honers students better than the rest. The school also according to paraphrase the principle at the new to nova student parents assembly in 2015 " The parents are the advocates for their children, and what the kids complain about does not matter the word of a teacher taken over that of a student"

this school is horrible if one child in one grade misbehaves the whole school gets punished, this year during lunch there was a food fight in the outside lunching area the school decided that everyone was going to sit in the cafeteria over 600 students squished together like sardines in a can. The children were so squished that they could barely finish their lunches. they then threatened to force the students to stay in this horrible position for over a month and human beings can only survive without food for 40 days about. On top of that they would not let students out of the cafeteria not for a bathroom break, or anything else. My Daughter's friend has braces and after lunch her orthodontist said she must brush her teeth, when she asked the lunch monitor if she could he said no, not until the last 5 minutes when they let everyone out of the lunch room. They then implemented hall sweeps after these treacherous lunches. If u are not acquainted with the term its when u have a certain amount of time to get to class and if u don't make it you get a Saturday detention. At Nova they enforce cruel punishment on students that behave relatively better that students at other high schools. Not to mention the teachers at other schools according to my daughter helped her understand everything better than at nova, the only difference between nova and other schools are that it has more electives, and AP classes.

At the beginning I was very happy for my kids to attend nova. I had heard so many great things from other people. All the elementary at Eisenhower, it was great but when she reached 6th grade, it was totally different. I feel like my child is attending a regular public school. This is my first time ever having a problem with a teacher. Her teacher spoke to me on the phone and practically told me how to email her,what not to say ,and when to say it. This teacher was so rude that I had to call a conference. Even after the conference and during the teacher was very rude. She requested for a quiet ,Intelligent student to be removed out of her class. I felt so hurt by nova and their administration. My daughter is only in 6th grade and this is the start she receives from a supposed to be great school. I felt they accommodated the teacher and not the student or parent. I have never experienced this before. They eventually removed my daughter because the teacher asked to another class. I can't believe this school. I am very disappointed in Nova Middle school.

A school littered with simple minded and out of touch bone heads, with the one thought of becoming wannabe sport stars. This school is nothing more than a recycled wasteland and is ready to fall apart all of the way through to it's core. This school looks like the after math of a Bubonic plague that hit the side of a dump truck. I had to self-teach myself all of my past subjects, because no one knew how to behave and this would always disrupt my learning experience from this supposedly sophisticated school. The classroom would turn into the zoo of all animals with down syndrome and everyone I saw around me, except the ones that actually cared could fit into every category that of a zoo animal. Take it from me I have been through the nova system for 10 years now and nothing will ever change, if you send your child here or you want to attend this school DO NOT it will be the biggest mistake you will ever make.

My daughter has attended Nova since kindergarten and is starting her junior year. She has had teachers that have made a lifelong impact and others we wish to forget. Her NJROTC and Engineering instructors are excellent and her core teachers which are a mix of regular, honors & A/P for the most part have all been stellar. My concerns are taken seriously by her guidance counselor & A/P & I make sure to attend the SAC meetings and am a part of the booster clubs to support my child and be involved. I have no complaints and my children < I also have a freshman> are much better off at Nova than they would be at my neighborhood high school.

K-12 class of 03. I could write a book. Long and the short. The students get out what they put it. With every school you will find bad teachers and nova is no exception. But I would say 98 percent of teachers are awesome and go out of their way to help a student that won't to learn or is genuinely trying. It is defiantly a good even mix of all walks of life. Coming out of there I would defiantly say you are a more rounded and diverse individual. When I have kids I would defiantly won't them to go to the nova school system.

my son went to nova first thru 12 and the teachers were awesome all thru his whole school but the higher he got the worse decipline my child received. The administration in high school was good but when they get to 12 they just send them thru, I believe its just to get the money for the school. The higher admin has no concern for the parents and definayely not symothic to issues. Ms Erie is #1 in the admin and believe she needs to be higher authority because she is always there to help when a problem occurs. I would say this school is over rated by all means. They look out for themselves and not the children.

My two kids attended nova. The first one did O.k. but the few classes that were no honors or A.P. teachers were terrible. The youngest one is tired and disappointed in the school. Principal seems more worry about discipline than anything else and school grades and ranking have been dropping during the last five years.... Cannot wait until the end of the school year to take my child out of that school. Social environment is terrible.

Last modified Nova High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.