Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teachers and administration are great but if your kid is smart be aware that the rest of the class will hold your child down. Unfortunately, majority of parents don't care about their kids education. Half of the class don't even bother to attempt to complete a homework? Parents don't chaperone on field trips and honestly if you see them you will be happy that they don't. Nova is not the same school it was before and getting only worse...

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Although I do not have communication with the teacher, my child seems to like them and says they are fair. My child does say a few other teachers are not so fair or nice though.

Develops character: Neutral

I really can't say, I have no idea how my child is doing in school.

I was very excited when we found out she was picked for the lotto for this school so I expected a lot. Unfortunately, it was not what I thought it would be. The schools playground itself seems to be small, outdated, and filthy which sounds silly to complain about but is a big factor in a child's daily exercise. The supporting administrative staff in the front office are friendly and are willing to address any questions you may have. But the professional staff can use some social skills. I can't speak for all of the teachers, but my child's teacher does not maintain communication with parents such as progress, conferences, or parent involvement. The school is not bad but it is not good either...just isn't for us. It would be a "decent" neighborhood school, but I can't imagine any parent hoping their child is picked to attend here. They can improve on their communication, there is just a large disconnect from parent-to-parent as well as parent and school.

I have two kids that attend this school. My oldest daughter has Mrs. Thompson for 2nd grade. She's a wonderful caring teacher. She keeps the parents informed about their kids progress as well as what will be going on in the coming weeks. The office staff is also super. I'm proud to be apart of the Nova family.

My son and daughter are in 1st grade and 2nd grade, I absolutely love that school. Teachers are great , office staff wonderful principal knowledgeable they always gives me updated on the kids progress. Mrs smith great asset, Mr Perraud, my son thinks he's the coolest thing, Mrs Collins my daughter absolutely love her in all the staff are wonderful and it reflects on the kids. I'm so grateful that my children got in.

My daughter just graduated from 1st Grade, she was in Mrs. Stewart class. This teacher is amazing! I wish there were more teachers like her in this world. She is genuine, very attentive to the kids and their needs. Mrs. Stewart is very honest and will always keep in touch with the parents on your child's progress. I learned Mrs. Stewart is very well received by her past pupils and current ones. Kids are constantly giving her a hug and say hello to her. I wish my child could have Mrs. Stewart every year :). Thank you to teachers like her for making learning fun and comforting to the parents to know their child is getting a good education. Principal McCanna is excellent, he is very friendly and cordial. Thank you Nova Blanche!

Nova Blanche is an excellent school. Great Principal, teachers, staff and excellent aftercare. I am blessed to have my son in this school. Great innovative programs.

Nova Blanche Forman Elementary has been an amazing school. Both my daughters attended this school from K-5. My youngest just graduated this year. Every teacher that either of my girls have had (that is 11 in total) ALWAYS have been 100% invested in their progress. Any staff member I have come into contact with was beyond helpful and nice.The Principal, Mr. McCanna, knows by daughters by name (and not because they are ever in trouble or exceptional students) - he just truly cares about his job and his kids. I feel very fortunate to have had my girls attend such an amazing and wonderful school!

My son has just started 2nd grade and so far I couldn't be happier. His teacher last year sparked a fire in him at a critical time when he was just starting to read on his own. He has since read several chapter books over the summer. The school staff is excellent from the principal right down to the cafeteria workers. Everyone is friendly and seems to enjoy being there. Just recently I had a episode where a older kid picked on my son on the school us in the way home. It happened on the first day of school. I immediately called the school and the principal Mr. Mckanna answered the phone himself. The next day the child was transferred to another bus. They have a no tolerance policy for bullying. I feel lucky to have my child at Nova Blanche. It is not an easy school to get in, and he will probably be in the Nova system all the way thru high school.

Last modified Nova Blanche Forman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.