Posted March 12, 2014
I am the grandparent of three children at Nova Middle. This year (2013-2014) one of them has a wonderful math teacher, a wonderful law teacher and the (wonderful) new Spanish teacher. I am totally impressed except the administration seems to be generally, well ... not-too-professional. It's a good thing the teachers are so good. Otherwise, I would not have too many good things to say for this highly overrated school. The new Media Teacher is quite helpful, too. So: Good Faculty - Not-so-Good Administration. Kids complain of dirty bathrooms without soap.

Nova Middle School 5

Posted October 19, 2013
My child is an 8th grader at Nova Middle School. My experience there has been wonderful. The new Principal Dr. Fleming is great. He is innovative in his approach to education and is constantly bringing new classes and programs to the school. The majority of my childs teachers have been wonderful. I do not find discipline to be a problem at this school. I would highly recommend this school to other parents. Nova Middle encourages the students to be challenged and there are many opportunities to take high school classes in middle school. The school did go through some hard times a few years ago. But now with the new principal and administration the school is the best it has ever been.

Posted August 27, 2013
This is the first year my son is attending Nova Middle school. He is in 6th grade and so far, likes all of his teachers. My family has met the principal "Mr. Fleming" and was extremely impressed on what his goals are for all of the students at Nova Middle and Nova High School. He is well spoken and very approachable. The older students that we have met are very pleasant and driven. Overall, students are well diversified which is a great eye opener for the kids when they enter into the world of employment. Nova, so far, thumbs up from my family to yours!

Posted June 03, 2013
The comments below do not pertain to NMS--NMS is a PUBLIC school --you win a lottery to get into the school and their is no tuition As the schools PTSA President I can assure you we have NO parents getting paid for any kind of volunteer time

Posted March 26, 2013
In the 2009-2010 school year, they let in a lot of families zoned for a certain Middle School in H'wood, tossing the "lottery" aside and BAM, the school changed overnight: Suddenly they had HUGE discipline problems & it became a TITLE I school. Ok, so "Title I" gives the school more funding, but it also becomes a youth prison and not a school anymore. Those of us who raised our kids properly, read to them when they were little, put them in the Nova lottery the day they were born and have volunteered at the schools since day 1 of Kindergarten, we have been forced to pull our kids out and pay for a proper education in a safe learning environment. What a shame. I miss the diversity of Nova, but not the unruly and unintelligent kids that now demand discipline all day long and require an abundance of "low-level" classes as the "higher level classes" are being fazed out. Nova Middle has turned into a prison, not the open-flow educational campus that it once was. And the domino effect is beginning to occur as these kids are matriculating to Nova HS- it is starting to get bad at the HS, as well.

Posted February 04, 2013
The bus system really needs to revamp itself. When the bus is late there is no answer when you call the proper number.

Posted February 02, 2013
my daughter is in the 8th grade right now and it is awful she has no time to do homework because the school gets out late and when she does homework she up until 1 o' clock in the morning. teachers are not really good only about 40% of the teachers there can teach, also the students are o.k.

Nova Middle School 5

Posted April 05, 2011
nova is a good school i think my child should go out there and i am goin to sighn her up for nova next year

Nova Middle School 1

Posted January 23, 2011
I went to Nova all my life and it used to be a great school until they started letting bad kids in from notorious neighborhoods. There used to be a racial balance system, but they tossed that away and now it's a horrible school. Nova High went through the same thing but they they still have their decent curriculum and good programs. But Nova Middle school is terrible, you might as well send your kid to their neighborhood school. Nova isn't what it used to be

Posted May 20, 2010
Disappointed in the school given its reputation of excellence. Older son started there in 2007 and had a very good experience. Younger son started this year, 09/10, and its been incredibly disappointing. There seems to be a lack of discipline. My son is constantly called names by other students and the teachers do not put a stop to it. My son hits his breaking point and reacts, then he is given a referral. I'm wondering if any other parents have the same experience?

Nova Middle School
3602 College Ave, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Nova Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nova Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top