Posted November 07, 2014
I went to this school as a child and the teachers and principal were horrible. I sure hope its changed a lot since then. If your child ever complains about school and staff please listen to their pleads.

Posted March 01, 2014
I know the immediate area around the school leaves a lot to be desired. I was originally skeptical to send my children also. However, it really is such a nice school. Many of the staff has been there for years and years and feels like a little family. I am very happy that I didn't judge this book by its cover. Most students come from the Shenandoah neighborhood.

Flamingo Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
I will be moving to the area and our assigned school is Flamingo elementary, I've heard it's an A school, but a bit concerned about it's location???? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted August 22, 2013
Staff seems to be very accommodating, so far. Children seem to be happy and the school seems to be very organized. I do think that homework for kindergarten classes in the first week is a bit too much. They need to acclimate a bit first before adding pressue of homework after a 6-8 hour day.

Flamingo Elementary School 5

Posted August 14, 2013
Flamingo is a wonderful school. The teachers work very hard and put in many hours beyond what parents can see. The administration has also worked hard in working with partners and including many family nights in a way to allow the parents to be involved.

Flamingo Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
Flamingo elementary is the worst school I have ever seen..the principle is rude, no people skills.. the office staff talks openly in office your personal business for everyone to hear.. they are not interested in education, just gossiping. Most of the teachers are rude. Both my children detested going each day due to pressure at fcat time and miserable teachers.. They're only interested in bonuses and anything to benefit flamingos "name".

Posted March 10, 2013
My child has attended Flamingo for the past 4 years and I have been volunteering in the classroom yearly as well. I must say that our experience has been good and even better now that we have a new principal. The AP is one of the best! The teachers are great and caring...

Flamingo Elementary School 5

Posted July 18, 2011
As I may agree with the issue on the Principal the teachers go over and beyond the fact of just teaching. Both my children have gone through Flamingo and have learned a great deal towards not only academics but towards their next steps into Middle school. They are not an "A" school because of the principal; its because of the teachers that teach!!!!!

Posted July 17, 2011
As a former parent and a volunteer for many years it's sad to see these ratings. The teachers are excellent and so the staff. These ratings and parents involment will definetely go up once the Principal Mrs. Jones finally retires this coming school year.

Posted November 18, 2010
Not happy AT ALL with child's first grade teacher. She is snotty on the phone and degraded my son. She has the I cant be bothered attitude. Doesn't like confrontations. Wrong line of work for this one. Will be speaking to AP with in days to remove my child from her class. Ever so sorry we moved into this district, was very happy at Sandpiper Elem.

Flamingo Elementary School
1130 Southwest 133rd Avenue, Davie, FL  33325
Last modified Flamingo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flamingo Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top