661 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Flamingo Elementary School 1

Posted April 13, 2016
i went there as a child and so did my nephew and i sent my daughter there.i should of known it obviously had not changed but got worse.my nephew was abused by a staff member there when he went.when my daughter went there she had a horrible time being bullied and the staff not listening and causing one issue after another.ignoring her learning issues and not focusing on her education.i do not recommend this school and i pulled her out and took her to a school where her education means something to the staff!

Posted February 11, 2016
it is a great way to get your kids to be more involved and make new friends.

Flamingo Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2014
I went to this school as a child and the teachers and principal were horrible. I sure hope its changed a lot since then. If your child ever complains about school and staff please listen to their pleads.

Posted July 11, 2014
Flamingo is by far the best school around. Flamingo is like family, I have already had 4 children graduate from their and in the following years two more. The teachers are amazing and treat your children like their own. The school has a amazing support system. It has improved greatly due to the amazing new principal. Can I say amazing enough, I love this school and it speaks volumes when our children are excited to go back every year and those who have graduated still like to go back and visit old teachers. If you want a school that is like family and you know your children are well cared for then Flamingo is the place. We love this school.

Posted March 01, 2014
I know the immediate area around the school leaves a lot to be desired. I was originally skeptical to send my children also. However, it really is such a nice school. Many of the staff has been there for years and years and feels like a little family. I am very happy that I didn't judge this book by its cover. Most students come from the Shenandoah neighborhood.

Flamingo Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
I will be moving to the area and our assigned school is Flamingo elementary, I've heard it's an A school, but a bit concerned about it's location???? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Posted August 22, 2013
Staff seems to be very accommodating, so far. Children seem to be happy and the school seems to be very organized. I do think that homework for kindergarten classes in the first week is a bit too much. They need to acclimate a bit first before adding pressue of homework after a 6-8 hour day.

Posted August 14, 2013
Flamingo is a wonderful school. The teachers work very hard and put in many hours beyond what parents can see. The administration has also worked hard in working with partners and including many family nights in a way to allow the parents to be involved.

Flamingo Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
Flamingo elementary is the worst school I have ever seen..the principle is rude, no people skills.. the office staff talks openly in office your personal business for everyone to hear.. they are not interested in education, just gossiping. Most of the teachers are rude. Both my children detested going each day due to pressure at fcat time and miserable teachers.. They're only interested in bonuses and anything to benefit flamingos "name".

Posted March 10, 2013
My child has attended Flamingo for the past 4 years and I have been volunteering in the classroom yearly as well. I must say that our experience has been good and even better now that we have a new principal. The AP is one of the best! The teachers are great and caring...

Flamingo Elementary School
1130 Southwest 133rd Avenue, Davie, FL  33325
Last modified Flamingo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.