Posted August 23, 2015
As a parent and an educator, I could not be more pleased with the education that my children are receiving at University School. My sons are having the most fabulous high school experience as a result of instructors that really know how to captivate the minds of young adults and prepare them for college. The school's incredible sports and arts programs offer a multitude of choices for involvement. Students are also encouraged to join clubs promoting community service. We are most definitely very happy to be part of the USchool family!

University School of Nova South
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 19, 2015
I absolutely feel that USchool develops compassion, caring and empathy in its students. At the PK level throughout 12th grade, there is a zero tolerance for bullying. I also like that the student body consists of a culturally diverse group so that every child learns about different religions & cultures, which is emphasized on Cultural Unity Day. I also like that there is community outreach at the very youngest level, whether it's the PK collecting goods for the local food pantry, the 3rd graders raising money for Make-A-Wish Foundation, or the entire school participating in clothing drives and collections for disaster relief victims all over the world.

Posted August 19, 2015
I have a child at University School that just started 1st grade! She started here in PK. I relocated to South Florida from the Northeast and I am grateful every day that University School became our home away from home. Most importantly, she is extremely happy! She is learning in leaps and bounds in a nurturing environment. I continue to be impressed with the high standards of the academic curriculum. The administration works diligently to keep the methods of teaching and the facilities extremely updated in a modern, technology driven world. The families at the school are a wonderfully warm and diverse group of people. I know that both my daughter and myself have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

University School of Nova South 4

Posted December 03, 2014
My kids have been at uschool since kindergarten. We are loving the new lower school director. He is warm, welcoming and has a solid grasp on academic excellence. Our fifth grader comes home and talks about how nice he is to all the kids and that he eats lunch with them everyday. Our middle school daughter is in seventh grade and we are very happy with her teachers and experience in general. She is challenged academically and has surrounded herself with a great group of kids. All in all, thumbs up!

Posted November 21, 2014
I have two children at University School, one in middle school (currently in 6th grade - started in K) and one in the lower school (currently in 3rd grade started in PK). I have been extremely pleased with the caliber of the academic curriculum combined with the opportunities offered in both arts and athletics. They are constantly updating and renovating the facilities to improve students experience on campus. They focus on educating children to become caring, creative individuals who will find the best in themselves.

Posted November 21, 2014
Our 7th grade daughter is a "lifer" at University School, having been in attendance since Pre-K. We could not be more happy with the academic excellence that exists at the school as well as the amazing added benefits of being affiliated with top-notch Nova Southeastern University. Nowhere else can you find the college campus feel that applies to education at this college preparatory PK-12 institution. Unique, added benefits include access to NSU's wonderful facilities, staff and faculty relationships. The phenomenal University School Arts and Athletics programs are the "icing on the cake." Excellence above and beyond in a college preparatory setting - that is University School of Nova Southeastern University.

Posted September 17, 2014
Administration is this school, needs to change. They are so set in their ways. The turn over with teachers is high. I could not handle the clicks with teachers. You cannot strive in a positive direction when the Adm has no respect .

Posted June 12, 2014
The Upper School? WHAT A MESS! Run the other direction with your child.My husband and I have seen first hand, both as parents and as teachers within this school, the reality behind the facade.The admin. arrives late and leaves early.The evaluation process is biased and inconsistent.The teacher turn over is 20-25 teachers per year.Even the students say their teachers are hazed in their first year.We have a child in basic and one in honors.A previous review was spot on.The admin. ties the teachers hands.There is no set curriculum for any course.New teachers are scrutinized and asked to create curriculum while veteran teachers show films and rarely challenge students to think.We have seen amazing teachers be forced out and total slugs praised for their contributions.One of our colleagues, who is creative, caring and rigorous, shared his evaluation.Anecdotal review was spot on glowing but his scores were mostly 2 out of a 0-4 scale.Needless to say he found a better place to work-a private school in Plantation. We will most likely lose our jobs for this posting because no one on top likes to hear the truth. We need to get our kids and ourselves out of this toxic environment.

University School of Nova South 2

Posted December 21, 2013
Unless your child has gone here since K, you are very wealthy, and attend the same Jewish temple as the other families this is an awful place. Honestly, make the sacrifice to move to an area with great public schools or have your child go to charter. Good public/charters out preform this school.

Posted March 15, 2012
My boy was at Uschool from preK to second grade. He was labeled as a "behavior problem" for displaying normal boy behaviors. We changed his school after second grade and he is excelling at his new school. If your son doesn't sit still at his desk or if he plays with his pencil, then this might not be a good fit for him. Girls tend to fit better here, since they teach in a method geared more toward the girls (emphasis on verbal and writing skills). Uschool claimed to teach the "individual", but it seems like if your child doesn't fit into their mold, then he is a problem for them. The school will make it a problem for you. They also like to recommend therapy or tutoring for almost all the kids (for an additional cost, of course). For such an expensive school, you would think they would provide the resource that each kids need. Just be careful. What they advertise is not what you get. The preK teachers are amazing, but it goes downhill from there.

University School of Nova South
3375 Southwest 75th Avenue, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified University School of Nova South is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
University School of Nova South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top