PK-12|Private
1,850 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amazing year for my kids. Excited about next year. Met the new Upper School Director, seems very strong! Administration is focused on the right things like hiring and retaining the best teachers. Warm, welcoming environment. The new head of school on the right track, knows my children. Not sure why anyone would send their kids anywhere else.

If you have high expectations, and you are considering this school, you should ask a LOT of questions and proceed with caution. The facilities are amazing, but the administration at all levels has been in a constant state of flux resulting in an utter lack of cohesiveness in the running school and the level of education provided. A few overbearing parents and tiger moms domineer the administration to the detriment of the school. Until the leadership at this school gets their act together, the school is simply not worth the money. We (and a number of other families) are leaving for this reason.Yes, there are a few wonderful teachers, but it feels to us like they are the exception and not the rule. The tension among faculty and administration is palpable. It's a shame. It really is a lovely campus and facility, but look closely, because that's just a shell. It's all very expensive sizzle and no steak.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are quite good, some are not. Administration is the real weak point in my opinion.

Develops character: Neutral

The squeaky wheel gets the grease at this school, not sure that is indicative of integrity.

As a parent and an educator, I could not be more pleased with the education that my children are receiving at University School. My sons are having the most fabulous high school experience as a result of instructors that really know how to captivate the minds of young adults and prepare them for college. The school's incredible sports and arts programs offer a multitude of choices for involvement. Students are also encouraged to join clubs promoting community service. We are most definitely very happy to be part of the USchool family!

I have a child at University School that just started 1st grade! She started here in PK. I relocated to South Florida from the Northeast and I am grateful every day that University School became our home away from home. Most importantly, she is extremely happy! She is learning in leaps and bounds in a nurturing environment. I continue to be impressed with the high standards of the academic curriculum. The administration works diligently to keep the methods of teaching and the facilities extremely updated in a modern, technology driven world. The families at the school are a wonderfully warm and diverse group of people. I know that both my daughter and myself have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

I have two children at University School, one in middle school (currently in 6th grade - started in K) and one in the lower school (currently in 3rd grade started in PK). I have been extremely pleased with the caliber of the academic curriculum combined with the opportunities offered in both arts and athletics. They are constantly updating and renovating the facilities to improve students experience on campus. They focus on educating children to become caring, creative individuals who will find the best in themselves.

Our 7th grade daughter is a "lifer" at University School, having been in attendance since Pre-K. We could not be more happy with the academic excellence that exists at the school as well as the amazing added benefits of being affiliated with top-notch Nova Southeastern University. Nowhere else can you find the college campus feel that applies to education at this college preparatory PK-12 institution. Unique, added benefits include access to NSU's wonderful facilities, staff and faculty relationships. The phenomenal University School Arts and Athletics programs are the "icing on the cake." Excellence above and beyond in a college preparatory setting - that is University School of Nova Southeastern University.

Administration is this school, needs to change. They are so set in their ways. The turn over with teachers is high. I could not handle the clicks with teachers. You cannot strive in a positive direction when the Adm has no respect .

The Upper School? WHAT A MESS! Run the other direction with your child.My husband and I have seen first hand, both as parents and as teachers within this school, the reality behind the facade.The admin. arrives late and leaves early.The evaluation process is biased and inconsistent.The teacher turn over is 20-25 teachers per year.Even the students say their teachers are hazed in their first year.We have a child in basic and one in honors.A previous review was spot on.The admin. ties the teachers hands.There is no set curriculum for any course.New teachers are scrutinized and asked to create curriculum while veteran teachers show films and rarely challenge students to think.We have seen amazing teachers be forced out and total slugs praised for their contributions.One of our colleagues, who is creative, caring and rigorous, shared his evaluation.Anecdotal review was spot on glowing but his scores were mostly 2 out of a 0-4 scale.Needless to say he found a better place to work-a private school in Plantation. We will most likely lose our jobs for this posting because no one on top likes to hear the truth. We need to get our kids and ourselves out of this toxic environment.

Last modified University School of Nova South is a Private school that serves grades PK-12