Davie, FL

Posted January 22, 2015
Love love love Davie Elementary! Its always the non involved parents who don't even know the staff by name who complain. Get involved and get to know your child's school a little better before passing judgement! I have had both of my children attend Davie elementary for about 2 years when we relocated from Chicago and from the moment I entered the main office I was well taken care of and my children have always been given lots of Love and encouragement! Davie elementary has amazing teachers who have been there for over 15 years and the have two of the best most involved principles I've ever met. This school is extremely generous and help out their families tremendously! My neighbors son who relocated from the Bahamas had a speech delay I know because I tutored him after school and within 5 months this school helped him and thank god he is an outstanding kid with no speech problems now in middle school. Everyone from the school staff to the lunch ladies and school nurse have been so welcoming and work very hard with their children and families. I would encourage you to stop by and say hi meet the principle and ask questions I'm sure you to will disagree with the negative reviews!
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 21, 2015
Terrible school. I've had several issues and NONE are taken care of. Let alone the staff. The blonde secretary is extremely rudeeee and unproffesional. The Spanish woman who takes care of parents in the front is always chit chatting on the phone with her friends while parents wait, and get away with it. No one understands what she speaking in the office so it seems as if shes working. Parents have started fights outside. School doesn't do anything. And by school I mean main office. They're scared to get in trouble for not doing their jobs everrrrrrr!!!! Lazy bad terrible annoyingbrude front main office!!!!!!! The only one who is a great employee is the guidance counselor.

Posted July 30, 2014
I have older children that attended davie elem. Years ago and one younger one still attending and what my family loves is that this school has managed to keep the small time reputation.the staff still takes time to provide my child with the extra help he needs and wants,they have really have committed themselves to the " no child left behind". Without the corncerns or close attention that was given to him since kindergarten, i would have never known the issues we were facing, but as he heads into 5th grade this year he has worked hard but the credit goes to the teacher's and support staff our principles and the most important is us his parents,because without our involvement they wouldnt have all the necessary tools to provide our child these successful skills.so thank you davie elem.

Posted October 26, 2013
Davie Ele. is the best elem. school, my three kids went to this school and one is still there. I an very happy with the staff, they are always helpful and the teachers are the BEST. My last child is still there and the best thing about it, he has the same teachers his brother and sister had. I could not be happier. BIGGGGGGGGG thanks to you all.

Davie Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
Some of teachers are good, they do not finish the program, art and music class are a joke.They do not offer extra activities, security needs to improve a lot. Office assistant , Mrs. Herrmann is the worst person very upset and no nice with parents.

Posted March 26, 2013
I was not thrilled in having my child come to D.E. My child came from a private school where I wish I would have kept him. There were too many issues to count. Favoritism is big in this school. My child was singled out and the other kids were never addressed. If you look the other way for a second, people will take you things. Not the friendliest office staff. This school needs new blood. Classrooms are cluttered and disorganized. My child's teacher was good but not as great as said to be. Involved in too many things. Being a teacher was her second job. Her mind was elsewhere most of the time. Principal was nice but didn't handle situations evenly. Lots of issues that were brushed under the rug. Children being threatened by parents. There is bullying; even at the smallest grade levels. This school keeps losing programs and art can be a joke. I can give my child a piece of paper and do the same at home. When she's there it's great but most are there only part time due to money issues. There is a small town feel to the school. The AP is wonderful and some of the teachers are good but there were too many issues to count. Buy a house else where; not in this zone.

Posted February 03, 2011
overall the school is ok but the major issue i have is the school appears to be racist.I have a first grader who attends this school and this is his second year there and once again Black History Month is ignored this school has absolutley no intent to educate their students about the contributions that African Americans have made to our country and especially considering the fact that our country is run by an African American me and a lot of the other parents of Black kids at this school feel as if there is some sort of racial divide that neds to be bridged there.

Posted September 28, 2010
We had a wonderful experience with Davie Elementary. Our daughter moved from Venezuela and started Kinder in Davie without any knowledge of English. In 3rd grade she was an Honor roll student with straight A's Davie Elementary Staff is awesome, professional, very responsible and really care about students. Unfortunately we had to move to Hollywood and she could not finish Elementary in such great School. No complaints at all!

Posted September 26, 2009
davie elementary is best school ever for my kids go and learn there education just terrific a A plus

Posted January 02, 2009

Davie Elementary School
7025 Southwest 39th Street, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Davie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top