Posted March 25, 2015
As a parent with two children attending Summit Questa I couldn't be happier. Summit provides a loving, nurturing and academically challenging environment for my children. My children have become well rounded, caring and more conscience of their community due to their experiences at Summit. With one child in middle school it was extremely important to find a place where he feels safe and is around other kind and accepting children. Schools (especially middle) can be a scary and hurtful place therefore you can not put a price on their education, safety and happiness at these young and impressionable ages. Having them at Summit was the best decision our family made.

Posted March 20, 2015
Previous reviews were so off. The Montessori program may not be for everyone but so sad that people would bash this amazing school. My 2 daughters went thru the Motessori program since pre-school. It was an amazing experience. The teachers were caring and very approachable. My girls are very organized, self thinkers, and leaders. I am so grateful to Ms Judy and the SQMS staff for an positive experience.

Posted March 20, 2015
My son attended Summit in his elementary years. Sadly I had to remove him due to financial concerns. At the age of 18 his nostalgia for summit remains. He still reminisces about it and laments the fact that he could not stay throughout middle school.

Posted March 20, 2015
I am a parent of two students who started in preschool and continued on through graduation in eighth grade. I was involved as a volunteer and got to know many parents and the staff there through my 13 years at Summit Questa. Although nothing is perfect, and some years they fared better than others, I feel very fortunate that my children (and myself) were part of the Summit community. Not only did they get a good education, they grew up in a nurturing environment that fostered independence, time management, kindness and working with others. These skills helped them to transition into high school and now one child into college seamlessly. For this reason I give the highest rating. I'm looking back at the big picture. Like any school, it might not be the right fit for each child, but I am grateful that it worked so beautifully for my children.

Posted March 17, 2015
Our daughter goes there and what they say is true. Horribly overcrowded. Apathetic teachers. Self certified with no real educational value.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 17, 2015
Horrible. Our child gets bullied constantly, by the students and by the teachers. The classes are horribly overcrowded, and the teachers are too overwhelmed by the sheer numbers to even teach the students. My child frequently comes home having done no assignments that day, and the teacher does not follow up. When our child asks for help, they say to talk to the older students who make fun of him and so he sits their quietly, and sometimes cries out of frustration, because no one wants to take the time to teach him and it makes him feel like a failure.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 02, 2015
I agree that this school is a threat to the Montessori philosophy. My son came from an actual Montessori outside of Florida. He appreciated the freedom and self confidence they gave him. He did things like cook his own meals, take care of animals, and had every resource within arms reach (which is really a core principle of Montessori). At Summit my son is constantly struggling. He has no personal freedom. The day is mandated more like a traditional school day. Teacher directed activities constantly interrupt his time devoted to personal lessons. The teacher complains that he is falling behind, but when I compare his work against other students, he is doing more then they are. He is in constant conflict with a teacher who yells at the students like a drill sergeant. When he needs help, he is told to talk to the older kids. They have 38 kids crammed into a tiny trailer and the apathetic teachers are herding them around like cattle. I get 2-3 fundraising emails PER DAY. The teacher and principal asked us not to enroll again next year because of the personal focus our son requests. This is not Montessori - it's a military school. Tow the line or don't come back.
6 people found this helpful

Posted November 18, 2014
My son is in his 5th year at Summit-Questa and I can't imagine him being anywhere else! We were only going to enroll him for one year because the Catholic school we were looking at didn't have a Pre-K 3 program at the time, but we fell in love with the school when we saw the effect that just one school year had on him. He looks forward to going to school everyday and is completely engaged by the Montessori curriculum. His teachers have all influenced him in such positive ways, not just as a student, but as a person. He is flourishing academically, but the amazing thing is how he is growing as a classmate and member of the community. The kids in this school work together daily to accomplish their goals - whether it be completing a challenging math lesson or tending to the classroom gardens. It is a beautiful thing to witness. The principal, Ms. Judy, has created a loving, nurturing and inspirational environment for her students. From the office staff and teachers, to the security and maintenance personnel, everyone is invested in making the campus a safe and happy place for the kids to do what they are meant to do - learn, grow and evolve as individuals. Thank you Summit-Questa!
2 people found this helpful

Summit-Questa Montessori School 3

Posted August 11, 2014
REVIEWING SUMMER CAMP ONLY. Underused campus! My child - 4 yrs old - comes from a different Montessori school that has an excellent curriculum but small playground. I wanted a change for the summer, a nature/ outdoors environment, and loved the campus/classes. Sadly, campus is underused or reserved for school year's children maybe? My child's class was allowed to see the animals once but could not get near the fence or pet them (too dangerous!) and was granted water play with a sprinkler hose every other week. Pool is nice but no access for children unless you pay for swim classes that are extra (and young kids swim early in the morning and are brought back to class with their hair wet in the freezing AC). Most teachers were nice but not warm and changing each week. They did maintain a bit of a Montessori curriculum which was nice. Afterschool was in a small, urine smelling overcrowded classroom. Gym in the gymnasium once a week was very nice though. Ms Judy was very nice but her staff could use some warmth, flexibility /customer service training. Overall it was not much of a change from his regular school year activities as he did not enjoy the campus as much as he could have.

Posted September 30, 2013
What attracted me to this school was it's strong base in Montessori teaching. However, I found the school administration is extremely disorganized and several of them to be rude ( please trust I had many personal experiences before I came to this conclusion). For one, they lost my enrollment packet and later blamed me. My daughter was put in a situation where she could have been in harms way. The school quickly wrote an incident report and in it blamed HER! I guess they wanted to cover their tracks. Security is an issue.The individual classrooms are exposed to whomever wishes to drive in. (You hope the classroom door is locked at all times while the children are in there). I was happy to see they started having a guy at the main gate to screen those who entered during the day. However, I found that he was not there half the time. The Montessori teaching was just average. Certainly not like the one we came from, which unfortunately did not go into the higher elementary grades. The principal seems like an A quality educator, and kind hearted person. However, those who work below her and help create a positive image of her school, have grossly failed in doing so.
4 people found this helpful

Summit-Questa Montessori School
5451 SW 64th Ave, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Summit-Questa Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Summit-Questa Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top