Posted May 19, 2015
Hi! I am a 6th grader at Summit, and I find the reviews rather offensive. First of all, some of these bad reviewers had gone here, i'm sure their punctuation would be a whole lot better. They didn't even capitalize their "I". That is very degrading and sad. The school is quite large, and we don't need your sass. Haters gonna hate.

Posted March 25, 2015
As a parent with two children attending Summit Questa I couldn't be happier. Summit provides a loving, nurturing and academically challenging environment for my children. My children have become well rounded, caring and more conscience of their community due to their experiences at Summit. With one child in middle school it was extremely important to find a place where he feels safe and is around other kind and accepting children. Schools (especially middle) can be a scary and hurtful place therefore you can not put a price on their education, safety and happiness at these young and impressionable ages. Having them at Summit was the best decision our family made.

Posted March 20, 2015
Previous reviews were so off. The Montessori program may not be for everyone but so sad that people would bash this amazing school. My 2 daughters went thru the Motessori program since pre-school. It was an amazing experience. The teachers were caring and very approachable. My girls are very organized, self thinkers, and leaders. I am so grateful to Ms Judy and the SQMS staff for an positive experience.

Posted March 20, 2015
My son attended Summit in his elementary years. Sadly I had to remove him due to financial concerns. At the age of 18 his nostalgia for summit remains. He still reminisces about it and laments the fact that he could not stay throughout middle school.

Posted March 20, 2015
I am a parent of two students who started in preschool and continued on through graduation in eighth grade. I was involved as a volunteer and got to know many parents and the staff there through my 13 years at Summit Questa. Although nothing is perfect, and some years they fared better than others, I feel very fortunate that my children (and myself) were part of the Summit community. Not only did they get a good education, they grew up in a nurturing environment that fostered independence, time management, kindness and working with others. These skills helped them to transition into high school and now one child into college seamlessly. For this reason I give the highest rating. I'm looking back at the big picture. Like any school, it might not be the right fit for each child, but I am grateful that it worked so beautifully for my children.

Posted November 18, 2014
My son is in his 5th year at Summit-Questa and I can't imagine him being anywhere else! We were only going to enroll him for one year because the Catholic school we were looking at didn't have a Pre-K 3 program at the time, but we fell in love with the school when we saw the effect that just one school year had on him. He looks forward to going to school everyday and is completely engaged by the Montessori curriculum. His teachers have all influenced him in such positive ways, not just as a student, but as a person. He is flourishing academically, but the amazing thing is how he is growing as a classmate and member of the community. The kids in this school work together daily to accomplish their goals - whether it be completing a challenging math lesson or tending to the classroom gardens. It is a beautiful thing to witness. The principal, Ms. Judy, has created a loving, nurturing and inspirational environment for her students. From the office staff and teachers, to the security and maintenance personnel, everyone is invested in making the campus a safe and happy place for the kids to do what they are meant to do - learn, grow and evolve as individuals. Thank you Summit-Questa!

Summit-Questa Montessori School 3

Posted August 11, 2014
REVIEWING SUMMER CAMP ONLY. Underused campus! My child - 4 yrs old - comes from a different Montessori school that has an excellent curriculum but small playground. I wanted a change for the summer, a nature/ outdoors environment, and loved the campus/classes. Sadly, campus is underused or reserved for school year's children maybe? My child's class was allowed to see the animals once but could not get near the fence or pet them (too dangerous!) and was granted water play with a sprinkler hose every other week. Pool is nice but no access for children unless you pay for swim classes that are extra (and young kids swim early in the morning and are brought back to class with their hair wet in the freezing AC). Most teachers were nice but not warm and changing each week. They did maintain a bit of a Montessori curriculum which was nice. Afterschool was in a small, urine smelling overcrowded classroom. Gym in the gymnasium once a week was very nice though. Ms Judy was very nice but her staff could use some warmth, flexibility /customer service training. Overall it was not much of a change from his regular school year activities as he did not enjoy the campus as much as he could have.

Summit-Questa Montessori School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
What attracted me to this school was it's strong base in Montessori teaching. However, I found the school administration is extremely disorganized and several of them to be rude ( please trust I had many personal experiences before I came to this conclusion). For one, they lost my enrollment packet and later blamed me. My daughter was put in a situation where she could have been in harms way. The school quickly wrote an incident report and in it blamed HER! I guess they wanted to cover their tracks. Security is an issue.The individual classrooms are exposed to whomever wishes to drive in. (You hope the classroom door is locked at all times while the children are in there). I was happy to see they started having a guy at the main gate to screen those who entered during the day. However, I found that he was not there half the time. The Montessori teaching was just average. Certainly not like the one we came from, which unfortunately did not go into the higher elementary grades. The principal seems like an A quality educator, and kind hearted person. However, those who work below her and help create a positive image of her school, have grossly failed in doing so.

Summit-Questa Montessori School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
We were super excited about this school after a tour and ready to enroll our child into the pre-K program, but first wanted to observe the other children to ensure their level of satisfaction and contentment. We called 3x and were repeatedly told someone would return our calls to schedule the observation. We gave up and eventually found a better fit at a different Montessori preschool. I give this school 3 stars because it seems like a great place just needs to have a better communication process.

Posted July 05, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My child was on McKay scholarship and excelled there. Ms. Judy the principal is an amazing human being who radiates kindness. The school has a strong focus on positivity and environmentalism. They truly focus on the whole child with plenty of time outdoors, taking care of animals, and physical activities. Every teacher I encountered was wonderful. It is a very unique school environment. Some of the kids are cliquish, but this comes from their parents, not the school. The school is very down to earth. Excellent experience.

Summit-Questa Montessori School
5451 SW 64th Ave, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Summit-Questa Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Summit-Questa Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top