Posted March 02, 2015
I do not recommend this school, especially for children with difficulties. The teachers and administrative staff behaved unprofessional and made myself and my children feel unwelcome. The school refused to separate twins who were having difficulties in same pk3 class. The teacher's aid appeared incompetent and was unable to handle pk3 behaviors and challenges. During a conference, the teacher's aid sounded like a true amateur (i.e., how do you handle them at home? I feel bad for you.). I understand the "aid" is a helper, but she probably should not be included in conferences and reprimanded for her unprofessionalism. The administrative staff and some of the other teachers (not all of them as there are some good teachers on staff) spoke unprofessionally to the older sibling (i.e., called her sisters' devils and they expressed feeling bad for her). I have been in Broward county my entire life and have never experienced such unprofessionalism within a school environment. I really wonder how parents with children who have special needs attend this school, please save yourself the stress and go elsewhere.

Posted March 02, 2015
I do not recommend this school, especially for PreK3. The school does not have protocols in place for adequate positive reinforcement for 3 and 4 year old children and implemented as the year progressed at the request of this parent. The parent asked for the siblings to be separated at first conference, but the school refused. I feel horrible for leaving my children there longer then I should have and I recommend if your child begins to have problems at St. David's Catholic School in Davie, Florida to remove them immediately to prevent your child and yourself for enduring the stress that the school will put upon you.

Posted February 13, 2014
I have no regret what so ever, my daughter is been in St. David since Kindergarten and now she is in 8th grade all ready for High School. Nothing is perfect is this world and yes, there might be some things they should change like hiring younger teachers. But over roll is an excellent school, the discipline they impart to the kids is amazing and communication with teachers is great.

Posted August 30, 2013
Avoid this school. I took my son out last year and wished i had done it much earlier. My spouse and i kept him at this school for five years hoping things would get better but they didn't. Specifically the teachers didn't get any better. Especially in the lower grades (pre-k 3) for example, but other grades too you will find teachers who are cold and distant towards children and parents. This comes across during parent/teacher conferences, one on one meetings, complaints from my son, and other children as well as other parents. I know complaints have been filed by many and i've heard some of these "experienced" teachers wete going to have their employment terminated but it hasn't happened.Hence,my our decision to remove our child. If the principal wants student enrollmentvto rise

Posted May 18, 2009

St David Catholic School 0

Posted May 14, 2009
My son has attended St. David's for the last 4 years. St. David's has not only helped him grow academically, but also spiritually. It's not just a school, it's a family! He is learning skills at St. David's that will help mold him not only as a good student, but as a good human being. My son loves school and says that he cannot imagine going anywhere else. The local public school has 9 classes per grade, so your child is a number not a person. At St. David's your child is part of a family and is known as an individual not a number. We also love both priests- Father O'Reily and Father Naughton.

Posted February 05, 2009
I like the school personally because it is a safe and religous environment to be putting your child(ren) into and I 100% approve and I send my children there! Plus also I like the preist their Father O'Reilly. He is very kind and loves the boys and girls of all ages! And he has a couple of mascots, his dogs! They are so cute!

Posted November 26, 2008
The teachers at this school do not communicate with each other about student needs. If your child has any special learning needs you will need to coordinate everything. The school's teachers are basically facilitators, not educators.

Posted April 01, 2008
its a great school all the teachers are nice and the staff lets go wolfhounds

Posted December 23, 2007
I go there they have the best teachers and staff! everyone is so happy and joyous!!!!

St David Catholic School
3900 South University Drive, Davie, FL  33328
Last modified St David Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St David Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top