PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is really bad. It doesnt prepare you adequately for high school. I think I would have been better going public with advanced classes.

Develops character: Disagree

They do not adequately discipline bullies. When bullying is reported, its the victim who is made to feel theyre doing something wrong.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

the teachers and faculty are excellent at what they do. There are a few teachers that are a little tough on the younger kids, but it's good for the kids to have exposure to different personalities.

Amount of homework: Agree

Everyday my kids bring home homework. If for some reason they haven't got any homework they'll read a book instead.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Completely, I might be biased but I feel our kids are honest saints.. that's not just from me and my wife but a testament to the faculty at St Davids

The student to teacher ratio is excellent. The teachers are great and don't seem like they're there just for the paycheck but are truly interested in helping the kids learn. I can't say that we've had a bad experience. Our kids have been enrolled for going into their 5th year.

I highly recommend this school. My children have attended St. David Catholic School from Pre-K3 through the 8th grade. It is a great place to be for both students and parents alike. The faculty and staff are warm, welcoming and enthusiastic, which provides a great environment for learning. Upon graduating from St. David Catholic School, my children were ready for the next chapter.....catholic high school. They are well rounded academically, spiritually and socially. I cannot thank them enough for the gift of a great education. Great job St. David!

I do not recommend this school, especially for children with difficulties. The teachers and administrative staff behaved unprofessional and made myself and my children feel unwelcome. The school refused to separate twins who were having difficulties in same pk3 class. The teacher's aid appeared incompetent and was unable to handle pk3 behaviors and challenges. During a conference, the teacher's aid sounded like a true amateur (i.e., how do you handle them at home? I feel bad for you.). I understand the "aid" is a helper, but she probably should not be included in conferences and reprimanded for her unprofessionalism. The administrative staff and some of the other teachers (not all of them as there are some good teachers on staff) spoke unprofessionally to the older sibling (i.e., called her sisters' devils and they expressed feeling bad for her). I have been in Broward county my entire life and have never experienced such unprofessionalism within a school environment. I really wonder how parents with children who have special needs attend this school, please save yourself the stress and go elsewhere.

I do not recommend this school, especially for PreK3. The school does not have protocols in place for adequate positive reinforcement for 3 and 4 year old children and implemented as the year progressed at the request of this parent. The parent asked for the siblings to be separated at first conference, but the school refused. I feel horrible for leaving my children there longer then I should have and I recommend if your child begins to have problems at St. David's Catholic School in Davie, Florida to remove them immediately to prevent your child and yourself for enduring the stress that the school will put upon you.

I have no regret what so ever, my daughter is been in St. David since Kindergarten and now she is in 8th grade all ready for High School. Nothing is perfect is this world and yes, there might be some things they should change like hiring younger teachers. But over roll is an excellent school, the discipline they impart to the kids is amazing and communication with teachers is great.

Last modified St David Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8