3,133 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I strongly agree because my daughter has never had to deal w/bullying nor has she observed it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are effective to say the least. All the teachers my daughter has had have brought out the best in her. She looks forward to seeing them and comes home with positive stories/memories thanks to them,

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They are working hard to ensure the children are learning effectively during classroom time, thus giving only required amount of homework.

We arrived from out of state, Texas. My daughter started as a sophmore and has FLOURISHED in the environment, guidance and instruction provided by the EXCELLENT instructors and staff at Western; both academically and athletically. I'm sooo happy we chose Western High School and commend and thank EVERYONE at this school, from the children to the staff.

We live in Weston and were very afraid based on people comments about this school... I have to say... They all are so wrong!!! My daughter is on 9th grade and she can't be happier! Great teachers and great classmates!! #GoWildcats

This is definitely an above average high school. Is it perfect? No. But if you want your child to have an opportunity to get a quality education and also have a variety of options and exposed to a wide slice of society, then this is a great school. Is every teacher perfect? No. But there are enough great teachers here to prepare your child for the best of colleges.

My first school in the u.s . Thanks for your all help. Even sometimes I feel not good about the condition here, but nice anyway.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings I came with a group so I have no social problems and yes some of the teachers are rude and don't care but some of them are really amazing. Now what really concerns me as an African American student is that this school is full of rednecks, and racism. Also, I have a lot of friend sin the LGBT community (which also includes me) and the principle is not excepting of them or anyone who is part of that community in other words he is a homophobe. He is absolutely horrible. This school would be better if it was more funded and we got a better principle.

The student body of the school will be the next generation of scammers and schemers. I am appalled by the bullying and the blatant disregard for student welfare at this school. It was a the best day of high school when I withdrew my student and was able to enroll in a different school. Never in my life have I dealt with such mean, hateful children and worse, adults who had no desire to properly supervise them. Despite being in a new school with a lower FCAT (that joke of a standards test) rating, my child is excelling the way things were prior to entering Western. All I can say is THANK GOD FOR SCHOOL BOUNDARIES! If you have a child that struggles (even slightly as mine did) with the social aspects of high school, this is a bad place for them to be. There are a few administrators and teachers who are top notch but the student body and the trash that raised them make it a waste of time.

This school has to be the worst in Broward County and the new principal is just as bad as the last three. If you set your expectations low you will still be disappointed

Last modified Western High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.