Davie, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 09, 2014
Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy in Davie, FL is an excellent school!! This is my second year and my kids love the teachers. All of them are amazing!. The Principal and all the staff are doing an awesome job. It is a small school but every year is growing more. I highly recommended this school. You will never regret it.

Posted October 01, 2012
This school year 2012/2013, Gloria Dei has a new Principal and he will probably do very well. He has lots of experience of growing Lutheran Schools. I have had 2 of my children go all the way through Gloria Dei since Pre-School, they both excelled in an A rated local High School. Both got Bright Futures Scholarships and are doing very well in College. My 3rd child will graudate from Glora Dei next year. ALl 3 of my children have been blessed to go here and all know that they can turn to Jesus to help with any problem. They now have the foundation...well worth every penny.

Posted January 13, 2011
I moved here from a small low crime mid-western town, where you left your purse in the front seat of your car to run your child into school and it was still there when you got back. I have three children, and have been a stay at home mom most of their lives. Needless to say I was in shock when we moved here, how rude people are how there really isnt a community feeling. My children went to A+ public schools when we moved because I believed the real estate agent we have been working with for 6 months. I sent my 11 year old girl to IRMS with 1300 in just the 6th grade, we had 600 in the whole school she was coming from. She was a number at here really a number, they didn't care they were all numbers. She would run into one of her teachers they didn't even know who she was. When I read what some of you wrote about Gloria-Dei, I was in disbelief. They are some of the greatest people I know. My kids feel important again, they make all their kids feel special. There is a community at Gloria-Dei, and that in itself is one of the best things for a child it makes them feel safe. And we are way ahead in academics then the public schools..

Posted July 10, 2009
My son started Gloria Dei after ther first quarter of kindergarten in public school. Thank God we were able to transfer him to Gloria Dei then. He has been there three years now and it has been a wonderful experience. The teachers and staff are great. They work so hard and are so caring. It is such a great Christian environment. I can't say enough good about the school. We Love It! The Bozemans

Posted May 21, 2009
My 17 year old attended GDLA for middle school after a horrible year in the public middle school we are xoned for. So when it came time for my youngest to attend middle school, there was no second thought of where he would be going, GDLA. I have nothing but praise to say about this school and the loving, compassionate, caring staff that hold it together. These are teachers at their best who truly love what they do and the children they teach. How wonderful it is to see so many children greeted with a hug in the car line drop off in the morning, it is truly an extended family and I cannot think of a better learning environment for my children and any other child where academics is taught hand in hand with values, morals and respect for the world around us.

Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy 4

Posted March 05, 2009
My three kids have been blessed to attend Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy for the past 10 years. We have one that graduated from GDLA last year(2008) and is now attending Nova H.S. and doing great. GDLA prepared her very well academically, spiritually, and athletically. Our son is in the eighth grade and will graduate this year(2009) and our youngest is in the fifth grade. They have all benefited from the small class sizes and excellent, caring christian teachers all the way through. It has always felt like a family atmosphere as they love parent involvement in many ways. The extracurricular activities my children have been involved in over the years have included: cheerleading (regular and competitive), track, soccer, volleyball, basketball,drama,band and sacred dance.What a great variety. An activity based on whatever talent of gift your child has mixed with christian teachers and coaches. God bless you GDLA, Love,The Lawson's

Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy 3

Posted February 20, 2009
Gloria Dei is a good school to go to. It has teachers that care and want to be around their students. Learing is not based on teaching the FCAT like public school so children are able to learn at a steady pace. As far as advanced or below classes go it depends on the parent volunteers. They do not have a teacher that can work with children with special needs or the latest materials. I feel that the children attending this school truly love it because of the teachers and the friends that they have aquired, not because of the principal or the equipment that is available...some money does need to go into appearance, like the poor looking after care room and equipment inside, as well as learning material...Not just church stuff.

Posted January 30, 2009
My daughter has been at this school since kindergarten and it has always just been the best! I would highly reccomend it to any one who wants love, affection and education for their child. She is graduating this year and I so hate to see her leave such a great school.

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted January 07, 2009
This may have been a really nice school once but I firmly believe it is a ghost of it's former self. What was probably a fantastic school has given way to a mess of small towny ideologies that will see this school on it's way to closing it's doors shortly. there is too much favoritism and not enough attention pais to the quality of the education given . Elementary is still at a good level but the Middle school is a mess! and do not send your child to their Summer Camp!

Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy
7601 SW 39th St, Davie, FL  33328
Last modified Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Gloria Dei Lutheran Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top