1,044 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I love this school,my daughter goes to it and she has learned alot from this school!

My daughter just started this year and i allready love it,she is learning alot and she is even in spanish class which she is learning spanish too,her teacher ms.johnson is great,she communicate with you if she has a concern or if you need to ask her a question about you're child or there work.

This is an awful elementary school unless all you care about is testing scores. The parents are not allowed to be involved or on campus due to safety concerns yet the children are left at car rider line unsupervised for 5 minutes after the bell rings! No eating lunch together, no chaperoning field trips, etc. The car rider line is unsafe and parents drive atrocious, even driving on the wrong side of the road and causing accidents! The school does not enforce their traffic rules. Though my daughter is doing well, the curicullum is ridiculous and I end up teaching her more the 2 hours that we do homework after school than the teacher does all day. Or at least it feels that way. They definitely allow bullying and the teachers don't watch the kids during lunch or recess. My daughter says they stand around talking instead. She had a boy picking on her and the teacher waited a month before she moved their seats to where she was in tears several times at school. There are way too many children that attend this school, it's more like a high school. They even make the kids wait outside until class starts at 8 am and the office doesn't answer the phones in the morning! I am not satisfied and my kids will NOT be going here next year. Do yourself and your children a favor and pick a different elementary!

Amount of homework: Disagree

2 to 3 hours a day! I think they push too hard with math and writing even though I know my child can handle it, it's not what being a kid is supposed to be about this young...

Amazing and safe school. I was hesitant at first, but my daughter has learn and grown so much this past school year. The staff and faculty are very caring and easy to communicate with, also the parents are very involved. The only thing I would change is the sand on the playground areas. I could start a sand box at home with all the sand that gets in her shoes. Other than that the school is great.

This is the best elementary school in the area and one of the best in Broward county. My daughter has been going there since K, and I would not change a thing. I'm truly delighted.

We were annexed to Silver Ridge this year and it was the BEST thing that could have happened for our daughter. Although the school she came from was the same grade as Silver Ridge, there is no comparison between the extras the kids get at this school. Staff and teachers are awesome. Activities are incredible. Very happy with this school!!!

This is a warm, inviting, safe and great local school. The staff all truly care about their job and more importantly the children at the school. From the ladies in the front office, to teachers, up to the principal. The principal runs a fantastic school, is always visible and available. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and it shows. I feel so lucky that this is the school my children get to go to. A great school all around.

I'm new here, but I've heard very good comments about the school. I hope to be as good as they say

My children attended Silver Shores for several years. The experience was incredibly disappointing. Early in their school careers, both my children were identified by the school as high-achieving. Despite functioning 2 grade levels ahead of their peers (reading and math), minimal was done to accommodate their learning needs. Sadly, their academic potential was entirely wasted while attending Silver Ridge. During the time my children attended the school, we were extraordinarily active in the school community. It became evident that what was occurring with our children was not a single isolated incident. It was the standard ill-informed method of operation at the school. While the social environment at the school was fair (not great by any means), there were also repeated scenarios where the school was ignoring bullying and other negative forms of student behaviors. Our children have been privately schooled since leaving Silver Ridge....WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! The instruction they receive is meaningful, and they absolutely love learning! While we are happy for our children, it does sadden us that so many families are "stuck" with a substandard school like Silver Ridge.

Last modified Silver Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.