Davie, FL
Students enrolled: 1,813

Posted June 26, 2015
A teacher sat me in the seat of shame for 4 months and almost lost her job. i would tell you more but its crazy. Your better of putting your kid in a private school. if you want to know what happens there follow these instagram accounts @irms.fightz @irmsfuturecutecouples @irms.hotties @irms_hate @irms_hot_ass_couples and @irms.famous there is like 40 more

Posted March 18, 2015
Just because this school is filled with white kids who pass the state tests does not make this a good school. It is overcrowded & offers few choices. There is little opportunity for students to explore their education beyond the 3 R s, science & social studies in terms of electives or after school clubs. Many of the teachers handle the curriculum unimaginably & do the minimum. Papers are graded arbitrarily. There is no communication. My child is in all gifted classes where supposedly the teachers are better. AP Brown is patronizing, rude, & disrespectful. They treat all students like prisoners who are the same when they are not. I don't trust the Principal. I know for a fact the administration has lied to me. If you have a child with SPECIAL NEEDS find another place for him. There will be no coordination of your child s IEP between teachers, little support, no training, no follow through, & absolutely no communication. The teachers will not follow the IEP. They have treated my child horribly. He has been bullied by the adults & traumatized. Don t be fooled by an A rating. I don t understand how anyone can give this school a good rating.

Posted August 09, 2014
Please excuse my previous review i was rushing n texting! Im the mother of 8. I was a military wife. My kids have been to third world countries and have always been able to adjust to their new schools, homes , travel and teachers. but like i said my two daughters both despise this school. And you have kids doing same sex marriages at school . Teachers yelling at parents and students like i said before Horrible School and we pay alot to live in this district ! So if people are moving out here to the davie area because school id do a bit more research ! cant understand how its so expensive n yet we get a crap school.

Indian Ridge Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
I have finally graduated this school and I am so glad to be out. The food is disgusting as usual, there's always fights going on and the school gossips about everything. Teachers show favoritism, teachers give way too many tests and projects are pointless because most teachers just glance at it and give it an A. I was in advanced and I was pretty much at the same level as normal classes. I liked that all the cliques stuck together, if there were fights they were fights in the same clique. This school is eh, it's not great but it's not horrible. This school needs more supplies, my teachers begged us to bring in paper, pens, markers, etc. If your kid goes here, be prepared for lots of complaining from them.

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is Horrible. How people are rating well is beyond me. This school treats your child as a prisoner. Your kid will grow up to be a criminal if they attend this school. Then Principal whonruns this school bullies young children and so does his fellow employees. My child was recently traumatized bybthis school and if I were a parent I would not take your child to this school at all.

Posted June 04, 2014
Don't send your child to this school. Its not what you think. This school is hateful towards children and they make them clean tables in the cafteria without gloves so that the custodian and cafeteria workers don't have to. Its terrible what your child could be cleaning after 1800 students without gloves. So many diseases they can catch. PARENTS please be aware at school what they make your child do. They don't care because they get free labor out of your children.

Indian Ridge Middle School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
This school was pretty good. I just graduated from the school this year ,and I have to tell you this school has a lot to offer. They have excellent extracurricular actives and great core classes. For the most part the teachers were great ,but there are always those few teacher that aren't so great. I wouldn't recommend students who are lazy or can't take challenges to go this school. The teachers demand a lot out of their student and the workload can be a lot,but the outcomes are outstanding. Over all this school is just amazing ,but has a few flaws but what school doesn't?

Posted July 24, 2013
This is the BEST school. I graduated from it in 2012! This place made me actually LOVE school! I am not a nerd, it's just that the teachers were sort if laid back, and taught, yet they let us chill or do what we wanted as long as we payed attention. Except for the uniforms, it was amazing. The drama class is the best, the teacher let us have basically recess in that class, and we can do skits based on whatever we wanted. The Home Ec, teacher was the best too, there was a full sized kitchen. I took those classes. The students there are the best, I was sort of popular there, like I had many friends and I wish I could come back. I've made some friends for life there. It can turn a socially awkward kid that I used to be, into having lots of friends and enjoying the 3 years if middle school. The education is okay for me. I have so many good memories at that school.

Posted May 26, 2013
My son is just about to finish his first year at IRMS (2013-2013). I have read the Great Schools Reviews and after my experiance at IRMS which includes listening to my son, following his grades, corresponding with his teachers, enteracting with office staff, participating as a chaperone and volunteering as an FCAT proctor ... I have nothing but great things to say about the entire school and all of the Staff. I would highly recommend Indian Ridge Middle School and would tell the school to keep up the great work.

Posted March 14, 2013
My older kid went here, and my younger one is there now. They were both at the top of their class and have been very challenged. Be aware there is a *lot* of homework, but it is true reinforcement and not busy work. Kids rise to high expectations so I am grateful at these critical ages that the teachers and administration present the challenge. They become confident young people as they meet these challenges. And there are plenty of opportunity for parents to get involved and make a real difference too.

Indian Ridge Middle School
1355 South Nob Hill Road, Davie, FL  33324
Last modified Indian Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top