Davie, FL
Students enrolled: 1,813

Posted August 09, 2014
Please excuse my previous review i was rushing n texting! Im the mother of 8. I was a military wife. My kids have been to third world countries and have always been able to adjust to their new schools, homes , travel and teachers. but like i said my two daughters both despise this school. And you have kids doing same sex marriages at school . Teachers yelling at parents and students like i said before Horrible School and we pay alot to live in this district ! So if people are moving out here to the davie area because school id do a bit more research ! cant understand how its so expensive n yet we get a crap school.

Indian Ridge Middle School 3

Posted July 08, 2014
I have finally graduated this school and I am so glad to be out. The food is disgusting as usual, there's always fights going on and the school gossips about everything. Teachers show favoritism, teachers give way too many tests and projects are pointless because most teachers just glance at it and give it an A. I was in advanced and I was pretty much at the same level as normal classes. I liked that all the cliques stuck together, if there were fights they were fights in the same clique. This school is eh, it's not great but it's not horrible. This school needs more supplies, my teachers begged us to bring in paper, pens, markers, etc. If your kid goes here, be prepared for lots of complaining from them.

Posted June 04, 2014
This school is Horrible. How people are rating well is beyond me. This school treats your child as a prisoner. Your kid will grow up to be a criminal if they attend this school. Then Principal whonruns this school bullies young children and so does his fellow employees. My child was recently traumatized bybthis school and if I were a parent I would not take your child to this school at all.

Posted June 04, 2014
Don't send your child to this school. Its not what you think. This school is hateful towards children and they make them clean tables in the cafteria without gloves so that the custodian and cafeteria workers don't have to. Its terrible what your child could be cleaning after 1800 students without gloves. So many diseases they can catch. PARENTS please be aware at school what they make your child do. They don't care because they get free labor out of your children.

Indian Ridge Middle School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
This school was pretty good. I just graduated from the school this year ,and I have to tell you this school has a lot to offer. They have excellent extracurricular actives and great core classes. For the most part the teachers were great ,but there are always those few teacher that aren't so great. I wouldn't recommend students who are lazy or can't take challenges to go this school. The teachers demand a lot out of their student and the workload can be a lot,but the outcomes are outstanding. Over all this school is just amazing ,but has a few flaws but what school doesn't?

Posted July 24, 2013
This is the BEST school. I graduated from it in 2012! This place made me actually LOVE school! I am not a nerd, it's just that the teachers were sort if laid back, and taught, yet they let us chill or do what we wanted as long as we payed attention. Except for the uniforms, it was amazing. The drama class is the best, the teacher let us have basically recess in that class, and we can do skits based on whatever we wanted. The Home Ec, teacher was the best too, there was a full sized kitchen. I took those classes. The students there are the best, I was sort of popular there, like I had many friends and I wish I could come back. I've made some friends for life there. It can turn a socially awkward kid that I used to be, into having lots of friends and enjoying the 3 years if middle school. The education is okay for me. I have so many good memories at that school.

Posted May 26, 2013
My son is just about to finish his first year at IRMS (2013-2013). I have read the Great Schools Reviews and after my experiance at IRMS which includes listening to my son, following his grades, corresponding with his teachers, enteracting with office staff, participating as a chaperone and volunteering as an FCAT proctor ... I have nothing but great things to say about the entire school and all of the Staff. I would highly recommend Indian Ridge Middle School and would tell the school to keep up the great work.

Posted February 13, 2013
This school is terrible in so many ways! My daughter was beat up by a boy 2 yrs ago and he never even so much as received a detention for it! Now she is threatened by a group of girls. The same principal as with the previous event is still in charge of her grade & I know he will do nothing until she gets beat up again if at all, or worse she'll be suspended with them! All this and she has had teachers that sit on their ipads with out-of-control classrooms. They surf the web & shop at victoria secret during class! Her language arts teacher is frustrated that many in her class learned nothing from the teacher last year. This year her science teacher is the same waste of time. Who do you tell? They all have tenure so no one cares! If it weren't for parents and a few great teachers the students would be lost. I've had my daughter tutored throughout middle school.

Posted December 03, 2012
This school has an excellent gifted program. Students' core classes are taught by gifted certified teachers that teach critical thinking skills on a very high level. One of our sons transferred from a reputable local private school to Indian Ridge in seventh grade and his latter experience at IR exceeded his private school experience both academically and socially. Now our younger son is in the IR gifted program and he is also having an wonderful, enriching experience. The teachers treat the students respectfully, and intelligently; preparing them for AP/honors high school classes. I also want to add that IR has an exceptional GEM program. ("Great Explorations in Math.") Again, there is no need to send your child to private school if your child is bright and you are zoned for IR. Take the $60,000 you would have spent and invest it in the college fund.

Posted October 17, 2012
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I just got off the phone with Indian Ridge Middle School (Davie- Florida)...beyond horrible experience like always. The staff is always rude and not helpful. They seem very aggravated by any phone call or question that a parent or student may have. I do not recommend this school to anyone. I don't really understand why they think they are such a good school. They are NOT!

Indian Ridge Middle School
1355 South Nob Hill Road, Davie, FL  33324
Last modified Indian Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top