Davie, FL
After care: No

Posted March 30, 2014
I LOVE this school. And this is coming from someone who rarely capitalizes words that the rules of grammar don't require to be capitalized. I learned more than I ever thought I could at my years here; before CA, my academic talents weren't even remotely close to being fully utilized. If you're like me and didn't work at all for your A's before, fair warning, it will be an adjustment. These classes will push you, and require you to learn the subject matter and work hard to be successful. The teachers, however, are amazing at what they do and genuinely passionate about their subject. The counselors and office staff are also just as helpful and knowledgable. Most importantly, all the people here care about you personally and want you to succeed. Aside from the academic aspects of things, you'll also learn how to be more independent at CA--it really does live up to it's reputation as a high-school/college hybrid. And if you thought it couldn't get any better guess what--it's all free! It's an amazing educational opportunity and if you think you can handle the rigor of it I would 100% advise you to apply.

Posted January 26, 2014
Attending College Academy was the best decision I've ever made. I came from a school where I was barely challenged and I got used to being lazy and getting A's without really trying. At College Academy I felt challenged and intellectually stimulated. Starting out as a junior everyone's a new kid so there aren't any established cliques making it a lot easier to make friends. I would recommend this school to any student that is willing to dedicate time and effort this program entails. I gave teacher quality four stars because I feel the math department could be better. However, the English department has some of the best teachers I have ever had the pleasure of learning from.

Posted July 15, 2013
For the self-motivated and intelligent student who is eager to get a jump start on college this is the perfect school!

Posted May 10, 2013
College Academy at BC is the "best kept secret" in Broward County. It is not for everyone, but if you research and find that it is a "good fit" for your child, he/she will be so stimulated by not only a great learning environment but also they will thrive in an environment of freedom and high expectations. For super-motivated kids, "standard HS" often holds back their ability to reach their true potental. Super smart and super over-achievers do not need to be in a standard HS curriculum for 7 hours per day. They love taking the challenging classes offered at CA@BC and they love managing their own time. There is a lot of free time and that needs to be used studying mostly and playing some...they all do this and they all succeed!! Their graduation stats speak for themselves. If you have a highly motivated and mature student who is able to make friends and govern their own time, check out the College Academy HS when they are a sophomore! There is only one window of time to apply in your students life and that is in the winter of their sophomore year, period. You will not regret it and it is TWO FREE YEARS of college!

Posted December 03, 2009
College Academy @ BC is an excellent transitional experience between school and university. Teachers are of the best caliber and due to the fact that the group of students do not exceed 175 per grade, they benefit from the attention of teachers, guidance counselor, Brace advisor and their principal.

Posted January 19, 2009
Two year degree and diploma upon graduation? For Free? Best high school in America with the best staff in America. Teachers are great and you can't find a better principal. Leadership and approachability make for the best administrator I've ever known.

College Academy @ BCC 3

Posted April 13, 2008
It gets a little generic at times and the lack of extracurricular activities means that there's little fun... There's a lot of responsicbilty and if ur nit serious then you shouldn't even apply

Posted March 28, 2007
I am currently a student at CA and I must say this is the best educational opportunity I've ever had. It's way better than regular high school and the curriculum is not as rigorous as most people think. I love being at CA, because I have more freedom, less classes(5 each semester)and more understanding teachers. Most of all, I really feel that I have the opportunity to succeed.

Posted January 07, 2006
- a former student

Posted December 08, 2005

College Academy @ BCC
3501 Davie Rd, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified College Academy @ BCC is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Academy @ BCC Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top