Posted April 17, 2014
I know that chool is great..I want that school for my son.Because the Educaci n is the Most importante for the Childrens

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 3

Posted April 02, 2014
The school has received many awards and their students do well on state tests. My child attended this school and succeeded, but I think it was because of the lower grade level teachers. Some are not as creative as others and lack organization. Parents are encouraged to be involved but notice is not given in ample time for most meetings. There seems to be a lack of communication overall. The school itself is small and quaint, but it's not an aesthetically pleasing location. I was concerned for the safety of my child because its very accessible. I think there is room for improvement.

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 2

Posted November 21, 2013
The school is definitely a nice atmosphere for children. The principal is wonderful and may be the reason the school is so great. We were unhappy with a few things. The teacher is not a quality teacher, there is no lunch room, no gym, no extra curricular, no real art class, no real anything extra. It's a nice place but lacking a lot.

Posted May 24, 2013
I can't say enough about this school. Somerset is a National Blue Ribbon School and ranked in the Top 10% of ALL FL SCHOOLS! Because of it's small size, you immediately feel like family, the entire staff knows your child personally. Parental involvement is at an all time high. You get to know your child's classmates and their families. I have 2 children at Somerset for the past 4 years. Top notch education! Some classes are a little bigger than county schools, but academics and personalize attention does not suffer. The two school assistants and parents help to break the classes into small groups for individualized learning. Love being so involved in my children's education and feeling as if I am an important part of it. The staff is always available from Mrs. Miller - a truly involved principal (not just an admin figure), to the teachers and Ms. Jill the school administrative assistant. The school maybe small, but it makes the most of what it has and in always improving! So grateful that my children attend this school and that I found it!

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 0

Posted May 13, 2010
This school is in need of a little more organization. Teachers are caring but newsletters are given to the students late, emails are returned a week later. Very strange since schools are saying they need more parent involvement.

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff and administration at Somerset Academy Davie have far exceeded my expectations. I am thrilled that my son is able to attend this top notch school. My son is thriving and learning so much and loves going to school. There is great communication between me and his teacher. Mrs. Read is the most involved and caring teacher I have yet to meet. She is genuinely interested in helping your child to succeed. The only thing I would change about this school is that it would go up to middle school. :( Nothing but A+++ in my book!

Posted November 20, 2008

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 1

Posted June 24, 2008

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 4

Posted July 01, 2007

Somerset Academy Davie Charter 3

Posted July 01, 2007
This school is in desperate need of a real school building. It seems there are more students every year and not enough room. There is no cafeteria or gym. I have noticed a higher teacher turnover than I would like to see, especially in such a small school. I am disappointed in the decision the school has made to combine grades into one class. There is no real art class or PE class or music room. I am very disappointed in how my charter school experience has been.

Somerset Academy Davie Charter
3788 Davie Road, Davie, FL  33314
Last modified Somerset Academy Davie Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Academy Davie Charter Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top