Bad
Good

Love the school, my girls are thriving learning so much I cant keep up LOL. Cant be happier the staff make every family feel important. Ms. Reed ,Bernard and Ali have made my girls love school. Their super stars in my book.

This school is EXACTLY what I expected. There are no smoke & mirrors about what they do and do not have. When enrolling you are able to take a tour of the school to know ahead of time there is no lunch room - students each in the class, the outside area is small & quaint - there is a playground & a half court basketball court, & the areas are gated & secure. There is a library, also quaint & small but sufficient for the amount of students that attend the school. My child attend specials EVERY DAY - Music, Art, PE, Science, Character Education, & Science. In addition, they go to the library once a week as well as the computer lab. They have an open door policy & parents are very involved and encouraged to be involved. Teachers email weekly and have websites where parents can go for classroom information. I am very happy with the quality of the education my child receives at this school from highly qualified teachers who have all been teaching for many years. When I drop my child off I feel safe that they will take care of my child and truly care about my child's well being. I feel the teachers truly go above and beyond for their students and care about them greatly.

Principal is very distant and uncaring. No follow up. Teachers are children themselves. No specials.

I know that chool is great..I want that school for my son.Because the Educaci n is the Most importante for the Childrens

The school has received many awards and their students do well on state tests. My child attended this school and succeeded, but I think it was because of the lower grade level teachers. Some are not as creative as others and lack organization. Parents are encouraged to be involved but notice is not given in ample time for most meetings. There seems to be a lack of communication overall. The school itself is small and quaint, but it's not an aesthetically pleasing location. I was concerned for the safety of my child because its very accessible. I think there is room for improvement.

The school is definitely a nice atmosphere for children. The principal is wonderful and may be the reason the school is so great. We were unhappy with a few things. The teacher is not a quality teacher, there is no lunch room, no gym, no extra curricular, no real art class, no real anything extra. It's a nice place but lacking a lot.

I can't say enough about this school. Somerset is a National Blue Ribbon School and ranked in the Top 10% of ALL FL SCHOOLS! Because of it's small size, you immediately feel like family, the entire staff knows your child personally. Parental involvement is at an all time high. You get to know your child's classmates and their families. I have 2 children at Somerset for the past 4 years. Top notch education! Some classes are a little bigger than county schools, but academics and personalize attention does not suffer. The two school assistants and parents help to break the classes into small groups for individualized learning. Love being so involved in my children's education and feeling as if I am an important part of it. The staff is always available from Mrs. Miller - a truly involved principal (not just an admin figure), to the teachers and Ms. Jill the school administrative assistant. The school maybe small, but it makes the most of what it has and in always improving! So grateful that my children attend this school and that I found it!

This school is in need of a little more organization. Teachers are caring but newsletters are given to the students late, emails are returned a week later. Very strange since schools are saying they need more parent involvement.

The staff and administration at Somerset Academy Davie have far exceeded my expectations. I am thrilled that my son is able to attend this top notch school. My son is thriving and learning so much and loves going to school. There is great communication between me and his teacher. Mrs. Read is the most involved and caring teacher I have yet to meet. She is genuinely interested in helping your child to succeed. The only thing I would change about this school is that it would go up to middle school. :( Nothing but A+++ in my book!

This school is in desperate need of a real school building. It seems there are more students every year and not enough room. There is no cafeteria or gym. I have noticed a higher teacher turnover than I would like to see, especially in such a small school. I am disappointed in the decision the school has made to combine grades into one class. There is no real art class or PE class or music room. I am very disappointed in how my charter school experience has been.

Last modified Somerset Academy Davie Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.