No rating

Parkway Christian Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 306 students

Our school is best known for our caring family environment

Living in Davie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted February 14, 2013

Parkway Christian School should be your first choice for your child's education. It provides an excellent education. But more importantly, it provides a loving, nurturing, family-type environment which encourages learning.

Posted February 14, 2013

Parkway Christian School is a loving, caring and nurturing school. The curriculum is exceptional and the staff is wonderful! I love the bible curriculum and chapel message each week is uplifting! Parkway is more than a school it's a family.

Posted February 14, 2013

This school is awesome, the staff is very caring, and loving. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 14, 2013

I love this school. I feel so good about it. Excellent teachers and academic programs. The facilities are new and growing every year. Specials offered in Spanish, scienence lab, music, PE, art, media, and chapel add to the program. I love the emphasis on building good character in all students. It really feels like family here.

Posted February 14, 2013

The teachers at this school are amazing with their love and patience for the children. They truly care and instill values and structure in their students's lives.

Posted February 14, 2013

I have 3 children currently at Parkway Christian. The academics is like no other. The principal is the most dedicated individual I have ever seen in a school system. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a higher standard in academics, while keeping the teacher dedication to the students personal growth.

Posted February 14, 2013

Parkway Christian School is an awesome school from Kindergarten to eight grade. The teachers here are amazing and the curriculum is fantastic. My daughter is a first grader and reads at a much higher level and this is all because of the teachers and their dedication. The atmosphere is very family friendly, teachers and staff know all the children by name. I love this school and would recommend to all my friends and family that wants their child or children to have a structured education with a family oriented atmosphere.

Posted February 14, 2013

We're new to the school - we moved and had to start mid-year. My kids are in Pre-Kinder (what they call Kindergarten Prep) and 1st Grade. Their teachers really made them feel welcome, and they adapted very quickly. We moved from another country, so I was expecting it to be much harder for them with so many changes at once and having to go to a class where everyone already knew each other and had been together one semester already. But, from day one, they felt comfortable at their new school. Also, I felt very welcome from the first phone conversation while researching schools. They really took the time to tell me all the details about their school and why they think it's great. I really like the small school feel, small class sizes - there are 10 in Kindergarten Prep, and 16 in my daughter's 1st Grade class, and opportunities for parent involvement. After 6 weeks here, I have a very good impression of this school. It is a blessing for us to be here.

Posted February 14, 2013

I recently changed my 3rd grade child from public to this wonderful private school. I continue to be impressed the with high level of academics, Christian values, and friendly, competent staff. We were worried about making such a big change, but this school went out of it's way to make our child and family feel very welcome and informed.

Posted February 14, 2013

Great school, loving and caring teachers, our fourth year at Parkway and we wouldn't trade it for anything , it is truly a blessing to have them as our extended family.

Posted January 24, 2013

We chose Parkway Christian Schools to educate our 2 children after researching the schools in our area. Before deciding on private education, we sent our oldest to kindergarten at our public school. It was decided by the end of that year we needed to find a place that was better suited for our family values as well as offering a good well-rounded education. Parkway Christian Schools fit every criteria. We have been at the school now for 5 years. Both kids are doing very well. Looking ahead to middle school, we are confident that our oldest will get the skills needed to enter honors classes in high school. I'm so thankful we have a small school with teachers and faculty who know our family and care about what they are teaching these kids.

Posted March 12, 2012

Great school. A little small. Still I am very happy with my kids behavior and the basis and principles they are learning there. It is hard for my to pay private school but after four years I can see the results and it is worthly.

Posted July 16, 2011

this school is very bad do not send your child here. the teachers are very sexest. like one of the students got caught for chewing gum and even lied to the teacher and she did not get in any trouble. a few months later me and my friends got caught for the same thing and we all got detentions. favoritism is a specialty in this school also. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 25, 2011

If you're looking for your child to get a fair shake at this school then make sure you do one of the following: Become part of the faculty Donate a lot of money Otherwise your child will be overlooked for several opportunities and be subjected to severe favoritism. Unfair consequences and an administration that won't meet with you in a timely manner. I must say that the teachers give a lot of care to the children and they receive a nice education. The "F" or one star unsatisfactory grade goes to the Administration. Shame on you for handing down different "CONSEQUENCES" for similar behavior/actions. This certainly is not consistent with Christian teachings.

Posted August 27, 2010

We have had 2 kids go through PreK at this school. I laughed when I read the review from a disappointed parent that said how her pre k kid who went here for a short time "was reaching out to her and hated the school", and "listen to their small mind". I see where her kid got the small mind from. My kids are tornadoes & we are very happy with the school...I just wish they had more land...but all the kids I have met seem to like where they are. In my humble opinion...we are very happy with the school.

Posted November 12, 2009

Two words...Great School!! My daughter is in her last two years and has flourished emotionally, socially, academically, and spiritually. We are very happy with the faculty and staff as well as the students and parents alike. Loving environment yet strict enough to keep the kids in line. The principal knows every child and is very approachable. Recommend this school to all who look for the best for their child.

Posted June 12, 2009

Small classes, Great Teachers who care, make for the best learning environment. My daughter has been going since K-5 and will now enter their 7th Grade. I couldn't ask for a better school. ljj

Posted May 20, 2009

My daughter is about to finish her first year here. the staff is wonderful and caring. it is home away from home. i will be enrolling my son in the preschool this coming year.

Posted March 30, 2009

My children began in the preschool and entered the elementary school, unfortunately we had to withdraw because of finances.. Let me tell you that this school and administration is by far the best in broward county, it is a feel of old school where they truly care! the best choice you can make

Posted January 18, 2009

My son has gone to Parkway since PRE-K3 and our experience with the school and faculty has been stellar. The school is small so the children get personal attention. In addition to the fine education my child has received, he learns about values and God - which is very important to me and my husband. The principal and faculty make sure the school is a loving and nurturing environment where the children get to express their own unique individualities. From what I have experienced and heard from my friends, schools like Parkway are a rare breed. Parkway Christian offers an excellent education with a sweet small-school family environment that I truly love. I have done a great deal of research on local Catholic and Private schools and I chose Parkway.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Clubs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:15 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Nicole Koski
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Disciples of christ
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (954) 424-6761

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts
  • Cub scouts
  • Girl scouts
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Lunch room
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis