No rating

Parkway Christian Elementary School

Private | K-8 | 306 students

Our school is best known for our caring family environment

Living in Davie

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $156,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,190.

Posted January 28, 2014

Parkway Christian School is a very nice, well-rounded school. We have a middle school student and a third grade student. Both are achieving their academic goals set by the teachers and us. Whenever there has been a concern, we have always been encouraged to speak to the teacher or any of the administrative staff. The teachers know each of their students. The students are challenged and taught to be responsible for their achievements, actions, and character. We appreciate the extra after-school activities for the elementary students as well as the electives being offered for middle school. Both allow a great opportunity for the students to explore their interests and try new ones. While the reviews, weather they are 5-stars or 1-star, only tell the opinions of their story, a tour of the school helps to get a better idea of the school and if it is a right fit. We choose this school after we did a tour. Both the kids felt very at ease and we knew this was the place for us. We are very blessed to be a part of the Parkway Family.

Posted January 24, 2014

My school is excellent. It is a Bless in our son life. We only can share positives things about the school .

Posted January 18, 2014

I had attended this school from 7th and 8th grade and let me tell you that the staff was anything BUT welcoming. if you haven't been going there since you were younger, forget about being treated as equal as the other kids at that school. the punishments that I would receive were quite radical compared to other students in the school who had committed the same crime. the staff treats it's students like "family", but I don't know how good that can be. they were always in my business and wouldn't leave me alone as if they personally knew me, I didn't feel comfortable with the administrator asking me about my "love life" as if she was my aunt or something. the point of the matter is, is that everything is taken to the extreme at this school, the staff (not including some of the teachers) can favorite kids and it's noticeable and brings the child down, heck, I would know. oh, and if your child is a little different and has their own sense of style, don't bother sending them here unless you want your kid to be antagonized for being original.

Posted September 17, 2013

My children have attended Parkway since 2007. My older daughter has since graduated from Parkway and was accepted at Archbishop McCarthy High School, where she is a senior now. My younger daughter is in middle school. We love the small class sizes and fantastic learning environment. They have expanded their technology use by allowing the students to use Ipads and Kindles for books, notes, research, which is great as they can access their school books as ebooks and not have to carry huge, heavy backpacks. The staff is amazing and very responsive to any questions or concerns at any time. We searched many schools before we made our decision and would highly recommend Parkway from Preschool all the way to 8th grade.

Posted May 27, 2013

To reply to the May 24, 2013 post. I guess when the school had their little "Open House", twenty two people logged n and rated the school on this site? What did they hand out the website address to everybody? The administration played favorites while my children were there and I'll bet they still do. The "Do as I say not as I do" philosophy has no place in a Christian environment. The school is supposed to be non-denominational but leans in a very specific direction. I want my children to know they should treat everyone how they want to be treated at all times, not just when they feel like it or it benefits them. What good is an open door policy when they don't really listen to you or do what they want regardless of what you've said. The school is average for academics but not what we were expecting for spiritual education.

Posted May 24, 2013

This post is to address the one posted on March 27, 2013. The school held a school wide event (preschool, elementary and middle school on February 14, 2013 where students and parents had the option to express their love and appreciation for the school or visit with Adminstrators on the spot to express concerns. Not one person had anything negative to say and the support for the school was strong. The staff has always had an open doir policy and continues to improve the program while inviting parents and students to be a part of the process.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 24, 2013

This school has been nothing but dedicated to the success of its students. The staff goes above and beyond in all that they do. The mission of the school is sound and delivered. The staff follows through on their commitments to the families. Way to go!

Posted March 27, 2013

22 five star reviews all on February 14, 2013. the next newest is January 2013 and then March 2012. It appears that someone is padding the stats to falsely increase the community ratings of the school. That should speak volumes about this school. My children have been gone from Parkway and have realized just how bad the issues were/are.

Posted February 14, 2013

My family has been at parkway Christian school for nine years. This year my son graduates the eighth grade. The education and moral values that he has received is priceless! If I did not have another child continuing in this school I would be heartbroken. I have no doubt that my children are not only being prepared to enter into competitive high schools and college, but also have grown as Christian young adults that I am so proud of!

Posted February 14, 2013

This school is amazing!!! My girls have received a quality education as well as a great foundation in Christian principles.

Posted February 14, 2013

This school is not only a strong educational instruction ,but has guided my children emotionally with a Christian base. Our family has had several children at this school. This school has become almost part of our family!

Posted February 14, 2013

I am a student here at parkway and I love it. I changed schools in fourth grade. This was the first school I toured and I said to my mom this is the school I want to go to. The main thing I love about parkway is the teachers. They always find fun ways to help you learn. My teacher will always give us some crazy word on our spelling test as a bonus word . I love parkway the best school ever.

Posted February 14, 2013

PCS is a warm and caring school that my daughter loves attending. The teachers are very understanding and administration always communicates with us. We are so blessed to have found Parkway Christian!!!

Posted February 14, 2013

This school is great! I love how we get out 2 weeks earlier than public school and our teachers are great they are not boring like other teachers, they are fun and they teach very well. Our athletic department is amazing. I highly recommend this school for middle school

Posted February 14, 2013

We researched many schools before choosing Parkway. This school was the most well rounded. The kids are learning in a very loving and nurturing environment. The small class sizes allow for more specialized attention to the kids. My child loves it here.

Posted February 14, 2013

My family has truly been blessed to have found Parkway Christian School. It is a loving, caring and safe environment. The benchmarks that have been set for Parkway far succeed other private schools in the area. When choosing a school you must look at the complete package. As a former educator, I can't say enough about the curriculum at Parkway. I also love the character traits that are taught at Parkway. They strive for the well rounded student. My two daughters began their education at Parkway starting in Pre-K3. They continue their education one in middle school and one in fourth grade. Life at Parkway is a fabulous place to be. It is the complete package.

Posted February 14, 2013

Parkway is an excellent school, providing the students with high quality education in a nurturing environment. I transferred my children from a highly rated public school, and I could not be happier with my decision.

Posted February 14, 2013

We have 2 children at PCS which started in grade 7 and 4. Our 8th grader has always achieved in grades and sports but wasn't challenged until PCS. She has been involved in volleyball, basketball, and soccer. I feel the school taught her how to study and learn the material which has prepared her for high school. Because of PCS, our 8th grader was accepted into the advanced High School academic programs. My 5th grader is thriving at PCS. The teachers are the main reason why he is doing so well. They are very loving and patient, but require your best and get it! He is achieving and absolutely loves going to school. The school offers a music program and opportunities to preform on stage, which most kids take advantage of. Lastly, PCS has taught my kids how to pray and have a relationship with Jesus, versus memories a prayer. Parkway has been a blessing to our family. We only wish we started at PCS in PreK.

Posted February 14, 2013

Great & amazing place to grow, learn and share. I love this school because my best friend, advice and coach ( my daughter love it.

Posted February 14, 2013

This school is exactly what I was looking for. The teachers have been wonderful. Very helpful and caring. The older kids treat the younger kids with respect.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• PE instructor(s)
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Clubs
  • National Honor Society

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:15 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Nicole Koski
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Disciples of christ
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (954) 424-6761

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• None
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Boy scouts
  • Cub scouts
  • Girl scouts
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Lunch room
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis