William T. Mcfatter Technical Center 1

Posted October 10, 2014
The communications department is very unorganized. Digital multimedia are on their fourth instructor in a span of two years. They all quit.

Posted July 01, 2014
As of late June 2014, the school has been approved to be known as McFatter Technical College.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son's school is amazing. He needed some extra help and they were there without making him feel embarrassed. He is graduating and going on to the Aviation Mechanic program at BC South Campus. Honors courses really helped him with his average.

William T. Mcfatter Technical Center 2

Posted March 17, 2014
My best friend and I have been planning to go to this school for what seems to be forever.I am currently in my freshman year and let me just say.. I don't plan on finishing my high school education here. All parents love the school because yeah it has good opportunities but not until you get to your 11th and 12th grade year in your technical program. Half of the time, the school smells like garbage so good luck stomaching your lunch. They say you get more one on one with the teacher but I seem to find that statement invalid. Half of the teachers don't even seem like they want to teach. you'd think with four classes and one of them being planning they'd be more "happy" but this doesn't seem to be the case. Some kids love the school some kids hate it. It all depends on your social skills and academic wants to be honest. Its a really small school so if you love to socialize and get to know a lot of new people, this is probably not the school for you. They choose your classes and all of the same kids are in it like middle school. By the way, there's no sports. good luck!

Posted February 26, 2014
(CORRECTION)There are many students who are NOT interested in sports and other athletic activity, some call them geeks and nerds, I call them academically inclined students. McFatter is for those students. It makes up for the lack of sports in the clubs, appetizing school lunch choices and the college like atmosphere. I love the school. It prepares your child richly for college and many of the students go off to some of the best in this country. My straight A daughter came from one of those "sports school" in grade 9 as first in her class and was 35th in her class at McFatter. That's what you call RIGOR. She's now a senior who has passed three AP subjects, 2 dual enrollment and is about to take another AP and is just 33 in her class with a 3.8 unweighted. It is not the school for you if you are not willing to work hard.

Posted August 29, 2013
As a parent I Highly recommemnded McFatter for a student who wants to learn and walk away with a good education and a start in a career of their choice

Posted August 05, 2013
It's great school , for futures profesials , I recommend all serios estudents, if estudents like party out activities during the eschool calendar go same we're els. Macfater is "A" school all the time

William T. Mcfatter Technical Center 3

Posted June 05, 2013
Let me just start by saying this school is not for everyone. Some people love the school while others hate it! If you're social and love to go to parties and hang out with a bunch of different people every single day... McFatter is NOT for you I mean there are cool kids but the school has about 500 students in total so you always see the same people everyday plus they pick your classes and you have the same people in all of them. Clubs and extracurricular activities; there are a lot of clubs but they get together during lunch and there are like 10 people... the school has NO sports or teams or anything! This year they decided that they were going to do a Spirit Week or something like that (Seniors Idea) and it was Seniors, Juniors, Sophomores, and Freshman against each other during lunch. They played football and soccer in a space that's less than 20 yards, and basketball in the gym but the final was in a parking lot, same place where you run the mile in P.E. and bus drivers get tested at the back of Becon. I just finished freshman year and I already registered in another school for next year. To finish let me just say the mascot is an ATOM! So yeah... Good Bye & have a good life.

William T. Mcfatter Technical Center 2

Posted December 21, 2012
-c- are more for social hangout more than anything (w/ the exception of Teen Trendsetters, reason being it is run by an actual teacher). People go the the clubs to eat lunch and hangout privately with their friends while the President of the Club (a student) tries to make the club, an actual club. Considering that having extracurricular activities are very important for college admissions, take that into consideration. Anyway, I am extremely disappointed with this school. I expected so much from McFatter since I have been dreaming of going here since 7th grade. Needless to say, I will be transferring next year.

Posted September 17, 2012
To the parent that posted the issue with the staff, it would help of you meant the teachers, counselors or school administration. Also, I would suggest to check the school's website, get the email to the principal and send her your concerns. It would not be fair to give the school a low rating when the issue has to do with the administration and not the teaching or the curriculum. Everyone else has given the school five starts, me included.

William T. Mcfatter Technical Center
6500 Nova Drive, Davie, FL  33317
Last modified William T. Mcfatter Technical Center is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William T. Mcfatter Technical Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top