No rating

AEF Schools

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Davie

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $76,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,140.

Posted April 16, 2014

My son is a 10th grader at AEF in Davie. He has progressed academically and socially since attending AEF. The staff is a very caring staff. They have worked with us in order to bring out the best in our son. My son feels successful and is on the right track for a successful future.

Posted December 11, 2013

My daughter attends Westham Academy she is doing so well it is a complete turn on about for her she enjoys going to school and looks forward to the next day the teachers there are great they love the kids and it shows she would not receive the attention that she gets here in public schools or other private schools

Posted November 3, 2013

We are very happy with Westham Academy, a part of AEF Schools. Our son has thrived socially and academically. He is learning life skills that are valuable for his future. The staff knows how to bring out the the best in our son. They have created a loving and caring environment that is nurturing. The entire class has made tremendous strides.

Posted November 1, 2013

AEF is a WONDERFUL school, always willing to help your child. Our son has done two summer camps and is in his second year in AEF. He has come out of his shell, and loves school. Class sizes are small and teachers can focus on each child needs so they can reach their potential. AEF works on all aspects of learning which includes social and life skills. Saying all that I myself only concern is that academics seem not to always be on top of the list. Rewards are given which are primarily appears are for behavior which is great if you have behavior issue but in my case we need more focus on academics.

Posted October 31, 2013

The AEF School has helped my daughter achieve standards that would not have been attainable in the public school system. AEF School has a low ratio of students to teachers; therefore, the teachers have a real understanding of each child. The teachers are passionate about there job. They know there purpose is to make sure that each child succeeds in life through achedemics, social skills, and self-confidence. My daughter has been at AEF since third grade and now she is at the high school where she is maintaining achedemic standards, interacting with all her friends, and truly happy. We love this school!

Posted October 28, 2013

At AEF SCHOOL my son has thrived in many areas since being a student here. They focus on social skills and academics with a tactful, GRACEFUL approach. The teachers at this school JUST KNOW HOW. The Administrative staff is compassionate and knowledgeable too, you will NEVER call or walk in and the office not know who or what your concerns are. This school has truly changed our lives. It is a jewel that gave us hope. THANK YOU AEF STAFF!

Posted October 28, 2013

AEF An alternative education school that promotes the difference. The acronym does not at first sight suggest its definition, nor does it reflect the school's mission. AEF is not even the traditional "village" often expected by parents. It takes time to understand and evaluate what makes AEF different than other institutions of its kind. One can only profile the answer in the subtle result that appeases parents' anxiety and shapes pupils' aspirations. AEF's dedicated teaching and support staff has been able to rebuild the "village" no longer found in too many circles. Let's not allow that difference to remain a secret. A better society can flourish from the AEF's experience. G.L

Posted October 28, 2013

AEF has not only enriched my daughter's life but the entire family. They get it! They understand that not every child learns the same way. They understand that every child is different, special in their own way. I appreciate and I am grateful for AEF and for what they do to enrich children's lives. THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE STAFF.

Posted October 28, 2013

My son wakes up every morning excited to go to school to learn! AEF has given him the confidence he needed to be successful. He is trying his hardest and it s not easy but together I know he will be great. The teachers are well trained and experienced but more importantly they get it. They understand. AEF is the perfect school for our son and we are thankful every day we found it.

Posted October 28, 2013

AEF is the best thing that has happened for my children. The school gets it. They REALLY know how to teach them with their learning challenges. Their approach is realistic and prepares children for real life. Both of my children have excelled sincestarting AEF. Thank you so much, you saved my sanity!

Posted October 28, 2013

My school is very good at getting children motivated to learn new things. They make sure all students get along with one another and no one gets bullied. My son couldn't write legibly of read but after being at the school for one school year I could read items he was writing and he started to read outloud to me. The teachers really care about the children and sit with them one on one to teach them any assignment they don't understand fully.

Posted October 26, 2013

Individualized education plan and behavioral, emotional, and social support and intervention this school truly addresses every aspect of your child's development and educates the whole person not just academics. Every staff member is knowledgeable, understanding and empathetic and they support the whole family while staying focused on the child. So many opportunities have been opened for my child by this school, their staff and their philosophy. Cannot thank them enough!

Posted October 25, 2013

I tried everything with my son and thought there was no school that would be a perfect match, that is until I found AEF Schools! This is his 4th year at AEF and I couldn t be more pleased in the progress he has made socially and academically. He is now an A student and strives to go out of his way to help out at school and at home! Thank you AEF!!!

Posted October 25, 2013

This is very good school, especially for children finish their day frustrated because they do not adapt to the way public school education. AEF has been the best choice we could do as a family. Today my son has excellent grades and I can say that someone has become satisfied and very happy for their accomplishments.

Posted October 25, 2013

This school has been a godsend. They have helped us raise our son from an unhappy & unruly 3rd grader whose school board counselors wanted to send him to the "Jail" School to a happy mostly well adjusted tenth grader. He is on schedule to attend college in a couple of years. Mr.RED.

Posted October 24, 2013

This is a great school with small teacher to student ratio. I would recommend this schoolmy child went from not wanting to go to school to who now loves school and has been at this school for 3 years now and would not go back to a public school.

Posted October 23, 2013

My son had difficulty making and keeping friends in The Broward County Public School System. He was bullied and didn't focus during his classes We decided to enrollied him in AEF in Davie, FL for 4, 5 & 6th grade and each year he does better than the year before. He is popular and loves going to school every single day. I never thought this was possible before AEF. The staff consists of caring professionals that are alway willing to help whenever necessary. We have a happy, well educated child who has lots of friends. He also loves the staff and school year. So do we.

Posted October 21, 2013

We came to AEF when our oldest son was referred to the Summer Camp. He had just finished his Kindergarten year in a parochial school that was simply a nightmare. The whole school year we were asked to come in for meetings with the teacher and principal because he was unable to sit still in class, didn t do his work, and had temper tantrums. He was diagnosed with ADD along with some OCD behaviors. That summer while at Camp AEF, he had a blast and started learning how to appropriately handle himself so that he could learn. Attending the seminar held regarding the regular school program we realized that this was what he needed. We are so glad we made this choice. His diagnosis was updated this year to High Functioning Autism and they have started revamping their approaches to teaching him to better fit his needs. He Loves his school, his teachers & has made some great friends. Our younger son was diagnosed with ADHD 2 years ago and falling behind at Montessori school AEF welcomed him in with open arms. He has settled in fine and is very happy and comes home daily with reports of what fun things they did or learned. AEF is part of our family and takes care of us like we are theirs.

Posted October 21, 2013

AEF is a great alternative to Public Schools. The children are not pressured into taking the FCAT and taught to pass this test. They take the SAT which is a much better way to see where the children need to improve. I highly recommend AEF schools.

Posted October 19, 2013

My son goes to is AEF in Davie, He has been going there for 11 years , now in 11th grade. Wow ..this school has been a life saver for my son who has special needs! The staff and support he gets is the best!

• Coed