Davie, FL

AEF Schools 2

Posted December 15, 2014
If you want your kid suspended for 3-7 days at a time.....I agree with another reviewer, send them here. They have a small school atmosphere but they do very little work and the kids need it academically so they miss out. it is difficult to get the extra services your child needs while there as they do not pay much attention to IEPS, etc. Check your contract carefully, because apparently according to a Sun Sentinel article they have over 38 law suites are most are for suing the parents for money. Also, if they can't handle a behavior, which they claim they are experts in, they send them home or refer it back to the parent.

Posted April 16, 2014
My son is a 10th grader at AEF in Davie. He has progressed academically and socially since attending AEF. The staff is a very caring staff. They have worked with us in order to bring out the best in our son. My son feels successful and is on the right track for a successful future.

Posted December 11, 2013
My daughter attends Westham Academy she is doing so well it is a complete turn on about for her she enjoys going to school and looks forward to the next day the teachers there are great they love the kids and it shows she would not receive the attention that she gets here in public schools or other private schools

Posted November 03, 2013
We are very happy with Westham Academy, a part of AEF Schools. Our son has thrived socially and academically. He is learning life skills that are valuable for his future. The staff knows how to bring out the the best in our son. They have created a loving and caring environment that is nurturing. The entire class has made tremendous strides.

Posted November 01, 2013
AEF is a WONDERFUL school, always willing to help your child. Our son has done two summer camps and is in his second year in AEF. He has come out of his shell, and loves school. Class sizes are small and teachers can focus on each child needs so they can reach their potential. AEF works on all aspects of learning which includes social and life skills. Saying all that I myself only concern is that academics seem not to always be on top of the list. Rewards are given which are primarily appears are for behavior which is great if you have behavior issue but in my case we need more focus on academics.

Posted October 31, 2013
The AEF School has helped my daughter achieve standards that would not have been attainable in the public school system. AEF School has a low ratio of students to teachers; therefore, the teachers have a real understanding of each child. The teachers are passionate about there job. They know there purpose is to make sure that each child succeeds in life through achedemics, social skills, and self-confidence. My daughter has been at AEF since third grade and now she is at the high school where she is maintaining achedemic standards, interacting with all her friends, and truly happy. We love this school!

Posted October 28, 2013
At AEF SCHOOL my son has thrived in many areas since being a student here. They focus on social skills and academics with a tactful, GRACEFUL approach. The teachers at this school JUST KNOW HOW. The Administrative staff is compassionate and knowledgeable too, you will NEVER call or walk in and the office not know who or what your concerns are. This school has truly changed our lives. It is a jewel that gave us hope. THANK YOU AEF STAFF!

AEF Schools 4

Posted October 28, 2013
AEF An alternative education school that promotes the difference. The acronym does not at first sight suggest its definition, nor does it reflect the school's mission. AEF is not even the traditional "village" often expected by parents. It takes time to understand and evaluate what makes AEF different than other institutions of its kind. One can only profile the answer in the subtle result that appeases parents' anxiety and shapes pupils' aspirations. AEF's dedicated teaching and support staff has been able to rebuild the "village" no longer found in too many circles. Let's not allow that difference to remain a secret. A better society can flourish from the AEF's experience. G.L

Posted October 28, 2013
AEF has not only enriched my daughter's life but the entire family. They get it! They understand that not every child learns the same way. They understand that every child is different, special in their own way. I appreciate and I am grateful for AEF and for what they do to enrich children's lives. THANK YOU TO THE ENTIRE STAFF.

Posted October 28, 2013
My son wakes up every morning excited to go to school to learn! AEF has given him the confidence he needed to be successful. He is trying his hardest and it s not easy but together I know he will be great. The teachers are well trained and experienced but more importantly they get it. They understand. AEF is the perfect school for our son and we are thankful every day we found it.

AEF Schools