629 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Posted July 12, 2016
I have two children who have attended this school since kindergarten, they are about to go into 2nd and 4th grade, and my youngest will be starting kindergarten there in the fall. All of their teachers have been fantastic, they just love every one of them along with the staff. They have opportunities to participate in music performances, FAME videos, and MOAS science nights. Both of my older children had straight A's the entire year last year and have learned so much I couldn't be more pleased. We moved to Fla. with no information about the school system we were zoned for but we have not been disappointed. I would recommend Champion Elementary to anyone looking to move into the area.

Posted June 02, 2015
All three of my kids have gone there and I have not had an issue with of the teachers that they have had.

Champion Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2012
It is nice to see that some parents had a good experience. My son was abruptly sent to Champion a few days after school started due to zone changes. When we showed up I was told that I was not allowed to walk my son to class as they had teachers and aides for that. If I wanted to see the classroom I should have been there on meet the teacher day. My son was in the special needs class and from day one I started getting notes home about his behavior. My son is Autistic and has sensory disorder on top of it. He had attended Palm Terrace for a whole year with rarely a note home and at Champion it was like every day. My gut told me to take him out of that school and I didn't listen. After a year of torturing myself and my son with this black plague of a school. He now attends Westside Elementry and is doing very well. I still wish he was at Palm Terrace and so does he, but we compromised.

Posted September 27, 2012
I have been eyeing this school since before my son was born. This school was formerly called Hurst and was an A school since the accountability ratings began. We picked our house 8 years ago just to be zoned for this school when it was still Hurst for when our future children arrived. It is now a B plus accountability rating since they moved to a brand new built campus of buildings on a large donated rural site past the I-95 entrance. My son started kindergarten there and his teacher is excellent and easy to contact and quick to respond. He's already reading sucessfully chapter books in September.The parent involvement seems above average high and prevalent. There is always an alot of of staff from the parking lot to the cafeteria for parent/bus drop off saying hello with geniune smiles to all the students and parents walking by. The media center (library) is excellent. My son can't wait to go to school every day! Though we are having a 5 star experience, to be balanced, I do admit many parents and kids in my neighborhood describe having a 1 star experience with staff and fellow students.

Champion Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2012
I'm extremely dissatisfied with Champion Elementary. I'm appalled by there so called principal. She is rude, disrespectful, brash, unprofessional, and uncaring. Also, the registar,Nora Stewart is the same way. I will be letting the superintendent, and all the volusia county school board members know who they have running this school. The attitude that was displayed to me and my son on August 22,2012 was down right disturbing. I don't think a principal or any teacher should tell a parent "that's your problem " or should say "I let your child stay in my school ". This unwillingness to help, care, or even assist me is not the attitude that should be aloud in a teacher, principal, leader, or person of the community. This matter should and will be addressed.

Champion Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
I am a volunteer (7yrs) Champion Elementary is a grate school. My Daughter is a teacher in CA. she was a visitor at Champion and was very pleased with what the school had to offer. The Media Center is one of the best I have seeing. Monty Carlo

Posted June 11, 2012
I think as a parent Champion elementary meets all of my requirments for my child to learn in a safe and clean enviroment. All of the staff go out of there way for each child to meet their individual needs

Champion Elementary School 2

Posted April 12, 2012
I recently had to change schools and I am unfortunately zoned for Champion. I highly dislike this school. I ask for a phone call from a teacher and takes me days to get a return call. My kids have never had race an issue until they went to this school . It is a HUGE INCONVIENCE the location is far on LPGA blvd there is no city bus and I do not drive. I wish they never shut Hurst down. That is why my family purchased this home for the fact that a school was so close by .... I do like my sons teacher as far as academic wise . I dont want to seem like I am completely bashing this school , but overall I highly dislike this school

Posted September 19, 2006
I'm a community citizen on the SAC Board for this school. I also volunteer in various capacities. This school is fantastic. The child comes first. Dialog is very important to the staff. The chances for a child to excel are available and encouraged. ome for a visit and enjoy the environment.

Champion Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
The environment is excellent. Most of all I like the caring ways of the staff and the friendly atmosphere.

Champion Elementary School
921 Tournament Drive, Daytona Beach, FL  32124
Last modified Champion Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.