763 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I had a DCF case 2 years ago which I wasn't allowed to pick up my daughter from school at the time the case has been closed for two years I did everything I was supposed to do but you also won't let me pick up my daughter because the court never sent you anything I tried to call the court and the judge they don't have anything to give me because I haven't even been on a docket for over 2 years so I don't know what am I supposed to do to be able to get my daughter again when I'v done what I'm supposed to do. On top of the fact that when I did come in there after I had been cleaning and everything I was supposed to do because of the fact the staff knew what I had done and been through I was getting dirty looks and people are being rude to me and were judging me and that's not right I did wrong things and I messed up in my life but I change everything and I better myself and I shouldn't be judged on my past

It's been a long time since I attended this school (10 years) so I don't know how accurate my review will be. My personal experience at the school was horrible 10 years ago. If you're a normal kid, you'll be fine, but if you have any other sort of issues, they don't know how to deal with it. It's like they freak out because the kid isn't 'normal' and throw them out the window or something. Like I said, I don't know how it is now, but if it's the same as 10 years ago, I wouldn't recommend it.

People in charge have much to learn about how to treat children. A little bit of compassion goes a long way.

Wonderful school, great PTA and aftercare program. Students are encouraged to challenge themselves. The principal is very involved.

Just like other parents posting I agree 100% that this is a great school. My daughter is in kindergarten and has some attention and behavioral issues that were a problem right at the beginning of the school year. I asked for a conference immediately. And the teacher, vice principal and I worked together and now my daughter behaves and pays attention so much better. I think all teachers have email so I was able to communicate with the teachers thru email. The school is up to date, contemporary and very organized.

i love this school i am a part of the pta and i cant say enough about the wonderful teachers that we have thank god!!!!!! these teachers care about these kids

It is an A rated school in Florida. The teachers are great and really care about the students. They have go out of their way to do whatever is necessary to work with students and families and really help bring 'community' into the school.

Both my children went to this school so my heart has always been with this shcool,since it was built. I have give $500.00 to that school to help the other children that go there. They rate the schools in Florida using a grading system of A-F, with A being the best and DeBary Elementary has always received an A.

The principal, Mr. Rawlings has shown more dedication than I have ever seen from a director in a primary school. I am so pleased with him! The teachers have a great curriculum and are very creative!

The Debary Elementary School teachers and staff are an amazing crew that teach the children with compassion, deligence, and pride. I am very grateful to the staff at Debary Elementary for all that they do.

Last modified Debary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.