Public charter
DeBary, FL

Posted May 12, 2014
REA has always been on my radar since my grand daughters were to young to attend. I liked the school, the staff, and the fact the children are not running around in the halls. When my grand daughter were of age and started in kindergarden I fell in love with the school. You hear a lot of negative responses about charter school but REA is an excellent school, to bad it only goes up to the fifth grade.

The Reading Edge Academy 4

Posted April 28, 2014
I moved here almost 3 years ago and my first stop was a public school. I was so mortified at the way we were treated I would have chosen to home school my son rather then send him to our local public school. I initially thought REA was a private school and was so happy and relieved to find out that all we had to do was volunteer at the school! Most importantly my son loves all of the teachers and he is learning skills he can use in the real world!

Posted February 25, 2014
At our school I am impressed with the quality of instruction. I have seen other schools in action, and I have never seen such a dedicated staff. The concern for each child and their needs exceeds all others. The commitment to the growth of each student is apparent in the classroom, on the P.E. court, in other special areas, and walking the halls.

Posted January 30, 2014
I am both a teacher and a parent at this school and have been MORE than pleased! The staff has been warm, welcoming, and inviting since becoming a part of the family! As both a parent and teacher - I was NOT happy with the traditional public school situation for myself, nor my son! Our world has changed because of this school! We are both so happy with school and work! The project based learning concepts that this school uses helps children reach their highest potential in their own time! The progress indicators that are used in replacement of traditional grades - helps students realize that they CAN learn - and they don't HAVE to learn at the same rate as their peers! I highly recommend The Reading Edge Academy !

Posted January 29, 2014
I find this school very well organized from the front office staff right to the cafeteria staff and everyone in between. This school has made such a great difference in my son's education and I am so glad I made the move here. The teachers and administration are very caring about the student's success. I highly recommend this school to everyone who is looking for an awesome education for their child/children!

Posted January 29, 2014
The Reading Edge Academy is the best charter school in volusia county. Teachers care about students individually and present a strong academic program, which is both relevant and rigorous to today's classrooms. Administrators and educators at the Reading Edge Academy are friendly people. Walking through the hallways and classrooms throughout the school, one can see students are in a caring and safe learning environment. Educators care about their students and provide both positive verbal and tangible praise for doing their work. If you want your child to go to the best charter school and you live in or near DeBary, Florida, this is the best school to select!

Posted January 29, 2014
Having served as an elementary school teacher, assistant principal and principal for forty-four years in NC, MD and FL, I am proud to be an administrator at Reading Edge Academy public charter elementary school. This school has a great track record from its origin in 1998, and I have found that students and parents benefit greatly from this school's curriculum offerings that are aligned with the district and state guidelines and are further enhanced by the focus on reading throughout the curriculum. As a parent, grandparent and current Assistant Principal here at REA, I would strongly consider the quality education provided by this charter school (grades K-5).

The Reading Edge Academy 1

Posted October 09, 2013
Reading academy is not organized at all. In the morning the front desk is empty even though they have cameras everywhere anybody could walk in. In the cafeteria they only have one person watching the kids until about 7:30-7:35 that another adult comes to help. I have witness kids walking out the cafeteria. Not organized at all. I don't recommend this school to nobody. I took both of my child out just been there for 2 months.

The Reading Edge Academy 1

Posted January 27, 2013
My daughter went to this school for kindergarten. A first I loved the school until her teacher got pregnant. After she became pregnant she became rude and arrogant. She degraded my child and myself, never had anything positive to say about the kids she taught and just over all was not a healthy environment for my child. The front staff and principal are beyond arrogant and are so money hungry it's not funny. THE CHILDREN PLAY IN A RETENTION POND FOR GODS SAKE... the after school teacher yells at the kids the whole time and gave my child peanut butter after my daughter and I said shes highly allergic ending up in $5000 hospital bill. Do not send your child here if you are concerned with their education.

Posted January 14, 2013
Great school, my Daughter has excelled in reading in just the few years she has been here & my son who is in kindergarten is following her foot steps! I am a parent that volunteers on a regular basis & this allows me to talk with staff & teachers to see just how my children are doing.

The Reading Edge Academy
2975 Enterprise Road, DeBary, FL  32713
Last modified The Reading Edge Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Reading Edge Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top