708 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Not a good School, to many losers teaching and to many mixed races.

Develops character: Disagree

sorry, the school is no good. Bad reviews and the kids are mean too.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers at Deerfield beach elementary school are dysfunctional and take their personal problems out on the kids....

Amount of homework: Neutral

Horrible staff at this school. How can any of the children learn here with such a bad review and lousy teachers.

Great school this year. The effort and involvement from Ms. Thurston (Principal), Mr. Gerlach (Asst. Principal), staff, teachers, and parents is amazing. Also very creative and attentive to kids' needs. Would most certainly recommend.

I was a little skeptical about going to a new school. But I like it so far. I haven't received a lot of information so far, which I am interested in finding out, but that's only because I found out that the school is a Green school and they try not to send out a lot of paper out if not necessary. Now that I know this, I know it is my responsibility to follow up with events. I am very pleased so far, and my kids are happy, which is the most important thing.

Great for 5th grade gifted!! Mrs. Skulzski is the best teacher they have. She was very hands on and did an amazing job concentrating on every student

My son attended this school for two years (Kindergarten and 1st Grade). The first year, I was fairly happy with the school. I notice on this site it was rated 5/10 during that time. The second year he attended, I was very disappointed with the school. By no coincidence, it was rated a 4/10 by the end of that year. The school has always felt very impersonal. It's like checking into a prison if you (an adult) ever need to set foot on campus. I've been yelled at by the volunteer parents for getting out of the car to give my son a hug good-bye. I was on the PTA for the first year, but never received any information on meetings or events--which makes the PTA like an exclusive clique for the hens who were already buddy/buddy with each other--not welcoming to 'outsiders'. His Kindergarten teacher was fabulous! I was iffy with his first grade teacher because she could not spell "congratulations" correctly, which makes me feel he is not getting the best education he can be. The front office staff are horribly cold and rude. The only reason I give this school a 3/5 is because it is a far cry better than what Broward was to offer, but I'm so glad my son will never have to go there again.

My son is in Deerfield in 4th grade. His teacher is an excellent teacher anyone would want to teach their child . I Love DBES. My son was sick while testing was going on also for fcat. His teacher and staff still managed to get his home work together and get it to me so he could study. What I want to really say is they have good teachers and staff .say thank you to good teachers.my son is an a student and likes his teacher Mrs.Skulzski. thank you Mrs.Skulzski

This is the best school. My son is in Mr. McGregors 1st grade class, he is the best teacher in the world. My son loves him so much. He is so caring with the children and really makes learning fun. The office staff is just as wonderful, they are always there to lend a helping hand and go above and beyond. So sad that we are moving and will not be able to continue with this school. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Last modified Deerfield Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.