Posted March 17, 2014
Great school this year. The effort and involvement from Ms. Thurston (Principal), Mr. Gerlach (Asst. Principal), staff, teachers, and parents is amazing. Also very creative and attentive to kids' needs. Would most certainly recommend.

Deerfield Beach Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
I was a little skeptical about going to a new school. But I like it so far. I haven't received a lot of information so far, which I am interested in finding out, but that's only because I found out that the school is a Green school and they try not to send out a lot of paper out if not necessary. Now that I know this, I know it is my responsibility to follow up with events. I am very pleased so far, and my kids are happy, which is the most important thing.

Deerfield Beach Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
My son attended this school for two years (Kindergarten and 1st Grade). The first year, I was fairly happy with the school. I notice on this site it was rated 5/10 during that time. The second year he attended, I was very disappointed with the school. By no coincidence, it was rated a 4/10 by the end of that year. The school has always felt very impersonal. It's like checking into a prison if you (an adult) ever need to set foot on campus. I've been yelled at by the volunteer parents for getting out of the car to give my son a hug good-bye. I was on the PTA for the first year, but never received any information on meetings or events--which makes the PTA like an exclusive clique for the hens who were already buddy/buddy with each other--not welcoming to 'outsiders'. His Kindergarten teacher was fabulous! I was iffy with his first grade teacher because she could not spell "congratulations" correctly, which makes me feel he is not getting the best education he can be. The front office staff are horribly cold and rude. The only reason I give this school a 3/5 is because it is a far cry better than what Broward was to offer, but I'm so glad my son will never have to go there again.

Posted June 11, 2013
My son is in Deerfield in 4th grade. His teacher is an excellent teacher anyone would want to teach their child . I Love DBES. My son was sick while testing was going on also for fcat. His teacher and staff still managed to get his home work together and get it to me so he could study. What I want to really say is they have good teachers and staff .say thank you to good teachers.my son is an a student and likes his teacher Mrs.Skulzski. thank you Mrs.Skulzski

Posted April 09, 2013
This is the best school. My son is in Mr. McGregors 1st grade class, he is the best teacher in the world. My son loves him so much. He is so caring with the children and really makes learning fun. The office staff is just as wonderful, they are always there to lend a helping hand and go above and beyond. So sad that we are moving and will not be able to continue with this school. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Deerfield Beach Elementary School 1

Posted November 19, 2011
My daugter started her Kindergarden here...it went great until she started first grade. I was always getting notes from her 1st grade teacher that she wasn't concentrating...and wasnt focusing. That she wouldn't sit still...she pretty much had me convinced that my daughter might be ADHD...I went as far as getting her diagnosed by her docter. But, Docters dont diagnose ADHD they simply give you and the childs teacher a survey with a bunch of questions about your child. So had her teacher fill the survey for me and I did as well. I was very concerned about my daughter b/c she was failing 1st grade....and I did not want my daughter on meds. Her docter simply told me that if he goes by my survey...than my daughter is just a normal 5 year old...and on the other hand if he goes by her teachers survey than she is ADHD. So I decided to spend money on hiring her a Tutor to see her twice a week.Her tutor told me how bright my daughter was...and that she doesn't think my daughter is ADHD...in the mean time I was still getting notes from her teacher that she's having difficulty concentrating and that she is very hyper.For 2nd grade I put her in a new School and she's getting striaght A'S....

Deerfield Beach Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
We moved from another state to Florida in November 2009. The year that my son was there he always came home with stories about how mean the kids were. One time a 7 year old boy stabbed a 7 year old girl with a pencil. I never got a note from the school explaining the incident. It came to the point my son did not want to go to school, so we moved out of that district. I think the school should be more involved and should do something more drastic about the bullying that goes on at this school.

Posted July 31, 2009

Deerfield Beach Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
My Daughter was in Kindergarten this year. She went from knowing about 15 easy sight words to reading at the end of FIRST GRADE Level this school year. Homework was done each day, and many books were read this school year. The more you put into your own child's education (ie: time, making their education a priority) , the more your child will learn each year. I am very pleased with this school and am thrilled with how much my child has grown this Kindergarten year!

Posted March 15, 2008
A very good school with excellent teachers that treat everyone fairly.

Deerfield Beach Elementary School
650 Northeast 1st Street, Deerfield Beach, FL  33441
Last modified Deerfield Beach Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deerfield Beach Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.