Deerfield Beach, FL
Before care: Yes

Deerfield Park Elementary School 3

Posted July 03, 2013
Deerfield Park has excellent teachers and the new principal is striving to bring unity and energy within the walls. The behavior issues are definitely an issue! We need care-givers that stand behind us. These children MUST read daily if literacy is to improve. Instead, they must watch over younger siblings and stay awake late and are constantly exposed to cursing, disrespect of authority, unwholesome TV and movies, and violence. We routinely have only 1-2 parents show up for PTO meetings or SAC (Student Advisory Counsel). Where are you, parents? Community? We can improve with: families backing the adults, stress the importance of "character," parental participation, volunteers, lots of mentors, and local businesses donating computers. These children can't compete in a global world without global skills. This school has some great families, great programs, and teachers that work until evening! Students should be reading great books and discussing the day at a family dinner table (studies prove it works!). The whole family needs to place a high value on education.

Posted May 08, 2012
My daughter is attending DPE for 5 years now every since Kindergarten. The teachers are great as well as the Principal. They are very willing and going the extra mile to make sure that my child achieves her potential. I do not know understand all these prior negative reviews. All I can say is, that I am very involved in my daughters education, which means attending any meetings and events the schools is offering. I see the lack of attendance of parents. It is sad to see that parents are not interested in their childrens education. Most of them drop their chidlren off and pick them up. It doesn't just stop there. DPE is offering tutoring and FCAT Camps etc, but most children do not attend. And these are the children who need the extra assistance. Parents should take advantage. It is easy to say the school doesn't provide any help! But the question is, are you coming to any meetings? Are you taking your child to FCAT Camp on Saturday mornings? I find it hard to believe that parents do not receive any assistance. Every time I had an issue, and it was not that many, I received immediate attention from the teachers or the principal. It takes a village to raise a child !!!

Deerfield Park Elementary School 1

Posted April 22, 2010
My childrens been goin to this school for two years now and i hate it the only reason they made it that long is cause this is there school for our address. The Teachers and staff is no help and dont care about helping the kids better their education there answer to a child having problems is to retain them. I been trying to get my kids help seen they been at this school and only get no where my kids need special help for there condition. The stuff there is wild you can go in the office in listen to them talk on thier cell phones about things that need to be done on there break. Instead of the staff caring about the children and getting with the parents to come up with a plan they point fingers at others but them self. My kids and I dislike this alot.

Deerfield Park Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2010
DPE is a great school. I love . The teachers and staff are real nice. I stay in Pompano and i by pass 3 elementary schools on my way to deerfield park . I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Deerfield Park Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted April 16, 2008

Posted May 19, 2007

Deerfield Park Elementary School 1

Posted July 31, 2005
Deerfield in my view is non-coorporate, the students needs are not being met. The teachers are not as giving to learning as they should be needed. there is no forum of teacher parents and students communication to me that is their downfall. I beleive Deerfield school officals are more into grants and scholarships than the children learning progress . It is not the building that makes the school it is the players again teachers parents and students. Indeed I beleive more involvement should be addressed immediately. I beleive there is hope for the school if all issues can be reconsidered.

Deerfield Park Elementary School
650 Southwest 3rd Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL  33441
Last modified Deerfield Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deerfield Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top