1,138 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

It's only the 4th day of school and my son hates this school and its environment!! I don't blame him. I took him on the 1st day of school and I don't blame him!! These students are just cussing and security is running around trying to get these rowdy kids to class! My son tells me that their are kids in his class that tend to be class clowns and disrupt the class and the teacher does nothing!! What kind of learning environment is this?? I can't wait to pull him out!! I just relocated to the state and have nowhere else to put him. My son is a bright kid and his first year in middle school experience is not so good!! Homeschooling him is not an option for me right now! I am at a dead-end!! I wish there were other options because this school just leaves alot to wish for!!!

There are to many fights. The teachers sometimes never teach anything and kids roam the school campus. I understand there are security guards around the school but they dont put in enough effort to make the school a safe environment for the kids that are in it. I just finished the 7 grade and in that time period we had alot of food fights. I almost got hit in the head with a chicken once. True story. I personally do NOT recommend this school to anyone..Also a teacher took my phone and when i tried to get it back the next day {A friday} she didn't give it to me. She had it for the whole weekend and I didn't get it back till Tuesday.

I'm in the seventh grade ib and the teachers so for have been fine but believe me this is not a good school at all my phone has been stolen twice I've never been bullied but others had I do not recommend this to Anyone

My child is finishing up 8th grade in the IB program, so we have 3 years of experience in the school. I can honestly say that I thought IB would be significantly better than it actually is. Most of the teachers have been adequate, but there has been at least one in each grade level who is just plain nasty. The instruction that the students receive is very "one size fits all", in my opinion. They don't seem to go out of their way to help on an individual level. Quite frankly, we cannot wait for school to be over so we can say "goodbye" and never go back! I'm sorry to say that I would not recommend this school to anyone.

This school is a very good school. i went here for 7th grade and it was amazing. i currently go to clms, but i hate it. anyway, the teachers are amazing! Ms.Fearon was the best teacher EVER! i love dbms!

This school is amazing and they got swag. We are also soccer champions since 2007

I am in the IB program. So far, I believe this is a wonderful experience. The teacher are wonderful. Dr.Regina Delpino is an excellent coordinator. The staff always does their best not only to make sure we learn but to also make sure that the environment we learn in is comfortable and that we understand what we learn. I am on Team Asimov and you can't get better teachers than Djariana Damato, Adam Rhodes, Mathew Pugatch ,Patricia Fogel and Danladi Allen. The elective teachers are also doing a phenomenal job. Teachers like Adrianna Karam , Roy Clark, Roderick Daniels and Carol Cannerito. I suggest all parents send their kids to this wonderful school and invest in the IB program too. It will be a wonderful experience!

I love this school! I was planning to go to Pompano, but this thankfully was a better choice. I'm in IB and my teachers really teach you and challenge you,unlike some other teachers. The other kids are a bit bad, but the staff and security make sure everything is ok.

Teach these animals right from wrong!

I have been very please with the IB program at DBMS. My child is activily engaged in community service and social activities sponsored by Dr. Del Pino. Dr. Del Pino is present at lunch every day and all of the students love her!!! She is the reason I chose this school for my childd. The program is very hands on. The students go on worthwhile field trips. The teachers are either gifted endorsed or Nationally Board Certified Teachers and are well liked by all of the students. Students take pride in their work and encourage others to do their best. My child reads like crazy now and all of the students discuss books as if they are in daily book clubs!! I can not speak more highly of this program. Last year the guest speakers at the year end program was a young senior at DBHS who got accepted to Yale!!!!

Last modified Deerfield Beach Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.