2,393 students|Broward

Bad
Good

First year here .. not so sure what to think. Teachers seem to care much more then they have in Lyons creek middle. My daughter is extremely happy. Many aftercare activities.. Football is a bit overwhelming the spirit of the school. I know many kids, parents love it, but ...

Great experiences, please send your children to this school. My experiences with DBHS were nothing but great. I wish that my high school years had never ended!

This school has been giving me nothing but problems. I hate this school! They claim to be "supportive" but the guidance counselor is never in his office and TEACHERS NEVER REPLY TO YOUR EMAILS. WORST SCHOOL... Don't send your child here. I am an active student here and I am very disappointed in this school. I repeatedly have to call the superintendent for help. EEWWWWW

This school is terrible! I had two kids attend school here for their freshman year, they both had to be homeschooled their Sophmore year & luckily we have moved away from that district for their Junior. Terrible teachers (except the cross country coach he's amazing and cares. My daughter got bullied from the Cheer squad for being the only "white girl" which was awful because she's an amazing gymnast and loved cheer prior to that. Admin was horrible too always whining in the office. I don't recommend this school to anyone!

My eldest son attends this Deerfield Beach High School....unfortunately. He went into this school gifted and essentially labeled as brilliant, now his weighted GPA is <1.0. Granted he chose to be a "normal" kid his freshman year (meaning he did not want to participate in the IB program). I hear nothing but horror stories about this school!!! The teachers and staff are lacking to say the least. The level of academic motivation is extremely minimal and it seems to me the teachers do not care. I refused to make the same mistake twice and I placed my next son into a different school. It will be worth driving him daily just knowing he will not be in this school.

I went to this school for a short amount of time but I didn't have the best experience in this school. I came from New York to a Florida school district. It was tough. These teachers don't care. They let the kids do whatever they want. I had a problem with a teacher. I have over heard her once talking about me behind my back to the class. I have tried to report her but the school took her side. They dont really help there students.

It's a pretty darn good school ! People will get a good education if they pick challenging classes and show their interest in learning. Honestly, teachers only slack off when students disregard their efforts of the teacher trying to teach them. Attend this school and you WILL get a great education and you WILL get into a great college..I did (: Also the Butler scholarship is a great bonus to the students attending DBHS. I had an amzing four years at this school.

Dude, I attend this school and it's not all that good. Teachers slack off all the time and play favorites all the time. And don't get me started on securtiy. Seriously, they do not do their job. If you want to breeze through high school, come here, but don't expect to learn much.

Last modified Deerfield Beach High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.