Quiet Waters Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1437 students

Posted January 1, 2014

My school was QWE. I can't even put this school in words--- it was THAT excellent. The staff and teachers provided care and love and I looked forward to going there everyday. Students were not just statistics of the school but people who were cherished by the QWE community. I will always remember the great times I had at the school! QWE FOREVER! Previous Student: Aakansha M

Posted August 23, 2013

Quiet Waters Elementary School Quiet Waters Elementary School is TOP NOTCH! My child's fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Werner was the absolute BEST! She met all of my daughter's needs throughout the year. Her FCAT scores soared, but more importantly, her self-esteem and confidence skyrocketed! I could never thank Mrs. Werner enough for what she has done for my daughter. She is definitely a small needle in a LARGE haystack! (One of a kind and very hard to find!!) The administrators are absolutely phenomenal too. Miss McConaughey and Mr. Hartner are the BEST around. My daughter Still talks about Miss McConaughey and Mr. Hartner and their kindness! I can never thank Mrs. Werner, Miss McConaughey, and Mr. Hartner enough for what they have instilled in my daughter. She will always look back with appreciation to her brilliant fifth grade teacher and unforgettable administrators who have touched her heart and soul and helped her become the confident and successful child she is today! Thank you - A very appreciative parent!!!!!!

Posted May 17, 2013

QWE is by far the best elementary school in Florida! Hands down. The principal is amazing. I've never met anyone like her. She takes a personal interest in each of the students at the school and as big as it is, she knows them all! I have two boys at this school currently. My oldest has had three teachers. All of which have been excellent. I've had no problem with communication between myself and the teachers. I do agree with the parent who mentioned that there is a huge influx of ESL students and that for some reason parent participation is not great with them. But we do have an amazing PTA and those that participate put their heart and time into making all the events and fundraisers great! The only thing that I can say wrong about this school is that there is a dress code and I would like to see that more of the kids follow it. This again is a parent issue. It amazes me when the adults set the example of not following the rules.

Posted November 13, 2011

Wonderful staff, principle is excellent! There is an influxe of ESL students coming into this school district, which is becoming a burden on teachers responsibility to teach and converse in English to these children and their families. In turn the this is bring down the school as a whole. The teachers are fantastic but the school has more than the 18 children per class, overcrowding is now an issue. Special subjects have been eliminated and there are no real extracurricular activities to speak of. The parent involvement is down as well, it's the same faces. The immigrant parents are becoming less involved with the school and defiant to the rules of this County and school. This schools staff is wonderful but ... I would give this school a 6 to 7 out of 10. I do agree with previous comment I also know of students that do not live in boundary for this district.

Posted April 22, 2010

My son is in first grade and I'm very satisfied with the school. His teacher is a little too strict for 6 yrs old kids, though.We miss that 'bond' between teacher-student this year.School has been very corcerned about being overcrowded and keep close track of student's address&school boundaries.The Principal is great.I'd like to see more extra curricular activities.

Posted April 21, 2010

The school is user friendly, and very helpful. My two grandchildren attend and they love it.

Posted December 2, 2009

I have twin boys who attend the pre-k program for 4 year olds and they love it. Their teachers are awesome. Mrs. Abrams and Mrs. Bush are excellent teachers for children of this age. I am so happy I chose this place as a starting place for my boys.

Posted October 29, 2009

My Child is in the second grade at QWE and loves it. My husband and I are very happy with the school. We would however like to see more Extracurricular Activities. My child was very upset this year as there is no longer an art teacher so that special was taken away from the students, this was her favorite special. I would like to see an art teacher put in place so the kids can have this special back. I also feel they need to check on were some of these kids live, as I know of at least 3 that are not in the district but use someone else's address, not fair to the ones that pay taxes for their child to attend the school that is over crowd.

Posted October 20, 2009

Our school has highly qualified teachers & Staff who are dedicated, warm and caring. We have the best Principal who sets high standards and takes the time to address each child by their name. Our school is the largest Elementary in Broward County and the students show great pride in wearing their uniforms and keeping our campus tidy. I am a proud parent of Quiet Waters Elementary.

Posted April 12, 2008

I am a student at QWE. I love this place! The teachers are excellent and the gifted program is superb. The teachers in our advanced classes are the best and teach us what we need to become a sucess. I actually find myself looking forward to going to school on mornings and weekends.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 11, 2007

My children are learning and growing with your excellent staff. I love quiet waters and will send my 2 year old too, in another couple of years so get ready for another one.

Posted June 18, 2007

Wonderful school. My daughter loves it. Lots of programs to keep kids motivated. The admin staff knows most kids by name. Great musical/drama programs and you should see the art these kids produce! Very overcrowded and kudos to the staff for dealing so well with the conditions.

Posted April 6, 2006

FABULOUS school! Our son excelled in virtually every area, had a lot of encouragement and support, and the administration is phenomenal. Wish every school could be this good!

Posted January 11, 2006

My 2nd grader loves Quiet Waters. The staff seems like they know each child individually and my daughter feels very comfortable there. I wouldn't change anything! Her school work is great which shows that she enjoys her days there.

Posted November 2, 2005

I am happy with the quality of academic programs but would like to see more sports and other extracurricular activities.

Posted August 20, 2005

This is the third year at Quietwaters for my children. From the start it felt like a second home. The children are addressed caringly and by their first names by all staff and faculty. I would like to see more extracurricular activities available. But the school has an 'A' rating, in spite of major growth lately, and they have managed to maintain a safe and caring environment in the process. I am pleased with most of the teachers, and the administration works well with the parents when we have a questions or concerns.

Posted August 13, 2005

I have three children and all have attented Quietwaters.I have had a great experience at the school.The staff is wonderful. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name.

Posted July 25, 2004

Not a great school for gifted children, but they appear to be good for average children

Posted June 30, 2003

I was actually a student at QWE...It is a great school and I loved going there. The teachers are outstanding and I would reccomend it to all.

Posted June 18, 2003

Quiet Waters Elementary School is a consistent, high performing public school. The principal is caring and has good rapport with her staff. The parents are very involved and the School Advisory Council diligently works on the school's improvement plan. This school is an 'A' rated school and a member of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The school spirit is terrific!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

252 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

252 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

226 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

226 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

222 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

205 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. LORI MCCONAUGHEY
Fax number
  • (754) 322-8140

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4150 West Hillsboro Boulevard