1,397 students|Broward

Bad
Good

-Awesome and caring staff. -Students feel safe at all times. -Every student reaches his/her potential and more. -School builds confidence for higher grades.

My son attended QWE. I also volunteered here. We both loved it! The teachers and staff really love the students and protect them. The whole school is fenced and locked, even parents have to check in before coming into the school. If you don't have a pass sticker on your shirt, many ppl will stop and ask what you're doing there. Police officers are on premises daily. Teachers were very communicative and involved. The work was definitely challenging and expectations were high. I think this is pretty much an ideal elementary school. My son always asks to go back and visit his teachers.

Quiet Waters Elementary school has been good so far for my two kids. We relocated from New York and my two kids have been attending for the past two years. The teachers are nice and the kids like it there. The only concern I have is that the school switched to the common core curriculum this year and the transition has been difficult. Testing has become more difficult and I'm afraid with the work being harder there may not be enough teacher help for the kids to get the additional attention they need.

Quiet Waters Elementary School Quiet Waters Elementary School is TOP NOTCH! My child's fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Werner was the absolute BEST! She met all of my daughter's needs throughout the year. Her FCAT scores soared, but more importantly, her self-esteem and confidence skyrocketed! I could never thank Mrs. Werner enough for what she has done for my daughter. She is definitely a small needle in a LARGE haystack! (One of a kind and very hard to find!!) The administrators are absolutely phenomenal too. Miss McConaughey and Mr. Hartner are the BEST around. My daughter Still talks about Miss McConaughey and Mr. Hartner and their kindness! I can never thank Mrs. Werner, Miss McConaughey, and Mr. Hartner enough for what they have instilled in my daughter. She will always look back with appreciation to her brilliant fifth grade teacher and unforgettable administrators who have touched her heart and soul and helped her become the confident and successful child she is today! Thank you - A very appreciative parent!!!!!!

QWE is by far the best elementary school in Florida! Hands down. The principal is amazing. I've never met anyone like her. She takes a personal interest in each of the students at the school and as big as it is, she knows them all! I have two boys at this school currently. My oldest has had three teachers. All of which have been excellent. I've had no problem with communication between myself and the teachers. I do agree with the parent who mentioned that there is a huge influx of ESL students and that for some reason parent participation is not great with them. But we do have an amazing PTA and those that participate put their heart and time into making all the events and fundraisers great! The only thing that I can say wrong about this school is that there is a dress code and I would like to see that more of the kids follow it. This again is a parent issue. It amazes me when the adults set the example of not following the rules.

Wonderful staff, principle is excellent! There is an influxe of ESL students coming into this school district, which is becoming a burden on teachers responsibility to teach and converse in English to these children and their families. In turn the this is bring down the school as a whole. The teachers are fantastic but the school has more than the 18 children per class, overcrowding is now an issue. Special subjects have been eliminated and there are no real extracurricular activities to speak of. The parent involvement is down as well, it's the same faces. The immigrant parents are becoming less involved with the school and defiant to the rules of this County and school. This schools staff is wonderful but ... I would give this school a 6 to 7 out of 10. I do agree with previous comment I also know of students that do not live in boundary for this district.

My son is in first grade and I'm very satisfied with the school. His teacher is a little too strict for 6 yrs old kids, though.We miss that 'bond' between teacher-student this year.School has been very corcerned about being overcrowded and keep close track of student's address&school boundaries.The Principal is great.I'd like to see more extra curricular activities.

The school is user friendly, and very helpful. My two grandchildren attend and they love it.

I have twin boys who attend the pre-k program for 4 year olds and they love it. Their teachers are awesome. Mrs. Abrams and Mrs. Bush are excellent teachers for children of this age. I am so happy I chose this place as a starting place for my boys.

My Child is in the second grade at QWE and loves it. My husband and I are very happy with the school. We would however like to see more Extracurricular Activities. My child was very upset this year as there is no longer an art teacher so that special was taken away from the students, this was her favorite special. I would like to see an art teacher put in place so the kids can have this special back. I also feel they need to check on were some of these kids live, as I know of at least 3 that are not in the district but use someone else's address, not fair to the ones that pay taxes for their child to attend the school that is over crowd.

Last modified Quiet Waters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.