166 students|Walton

Bad
Good

Walton Academy is a very good school and both of my Grandkid's go there i have to move thim because i really don't have anyone to pick thim up and after care is $110 week for two kid's 2 half hour.that to much. other then that i love the school and Teacher are great.

As a parent this school has been a blessing to me , my son had a hard time getting along with his teacher at the middle school and again at the high school , the teachers would say the most horrible things to him . At the academy my son enjoys school the teachers do not pick on a child .The teachers enjoy their job and work very hard with the children to help them to be successful , My son has not broken the law or done any drugs , we came here because the school had let us down . We are now going to start our 3rd year with the academy .

Walton County Academy took a troubled 14 year old and completely turned her life and attitude around. The degree of attention she received from the principal and staff has been remarkable. My daughter finished the 2012-2013 school year with 1 A--3 B's and 1 C. She was encouraged to attempt to move up a grade by all of her teachers. I find the staff to be highly involved and concerned about their students. It would be wonderful if more county school funds were directed to this school. I feel they county comissioners and school supervisors have turned their attention more to Emerald Coast Middle School it's extracurricular activities---school equipment--appearance funds in general. I believe they think that the Academy is for the county's misfits. It is a shame the school supervisor's do not realize the outstanding perforamnce of the principal and his staff at Walton County Academy. My daughter has decided to continue her education for 2013-2014 at the Academy. I can not be more delighted by her decission.

Teachers do not care what the students participate in and do no communicate well with parents about failing grades.

My daughter has attended Walton Academy for about a year. She has recieved more help here than at a traditional school. There are not a lot of extra activities for the kids, but it looks like the school is trying to offer more in the way of p.e and sports. due to the population of the school it may not be right for all students , but has worked well for my daughter. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Last modified Walton Academy, Inc. is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12