Public charter
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Posted November 13, 2013
Walton Academy is a very good school and both of my Grandkid's go there i have to move thim because i really don't have anyone to pick thim up and after care is $110 week for two kid's 2 half hour.that to much. other then that i love the school and Teacher are great.

Posted July 26, 2013
As a parent this school has been a blessing to me , my son had a hard time getting along with his teacher at the middle school and again at the high school , the teachers would say the most horrible things to him . At the academy my son enjoys school the teachers do not pick on a child .The teachers enjoy their job and work very hard with the children to help them to be successful , My son has not broken the law or done any drugs , we came here because the school had let us down . We are now going to start our 3rd year with the academy .

Posted July 14, 2013
Walton County Academy took a troubled 14 year old and completely turned her life and attitude around. The degree of attention she received from the principal and staff has been remarkable. My daughter finished the 2012-2013 school year with 1 A--3 B's and 1 C. She was encouraged to attempt to move up a grade by all of her teachers. I find the staff to be highly involved and concerned about their students. It would be wonderful if more county school funds were directed to this school. I feel they county comissioners and school supervisors have turned their attention more to Emerald Coast Middle School it's extracurricular activities---school equipment--appearance funds in general. I believe they think that the Academy is for the county's misfits. It is a shame the school supervisor's do not realize the outstanding perforamnce of the principal and his staff at Walton County Academy. My daughter has decided to continue her education for 2013-2014 at the Academy. I can not be more delighted by her decission.

Posted June 07, 2008

Walton Academy, Inc. 1

Posted May 20, 2008
Teachers do not care what the students participate in and do no communicate well with parents about failing grades.

Posted April 20, 2007
My daughter has attended Walton Academy for about a year. She has recieved more help here than at a traditional school. There are not a lot of extra activities for the kids, but it looks like the school is trying to offer more in the way of p.e and sports. due to the population of the school it may not be right for all students , but has worked well for my daughter. the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Posted January 11, 2006
My daughter attends Walton Academy, and is doing a marvelous job being there. So far this year, she's only missed maybe 3 days. This school has roughly 110 students and about 15 staff members. The principle is amazing, he has several FCAT classes up and going to help students raise their scores. Even though this school has its ups and downs, over all I like it. My child, has kept an A/B average. When she needs extra help, the teachers sit down and pin point her problems, so they can work on them. Walton Academy offers a counciling class, in which cope provides a couciler. That teacher has made a great impact on my daughters life. There is a lot more to be said, but I think you should check the school out on your own.

Walton Academy, Inc. 0

Posted June 11, 2005
Walton is a good school, with good program in dance and music.

Walton Academy, Inc. 3

Posted April 25, 2005
- a former student
the walton academy over all is a good school there are a few problems with the teachers not being able to relate to the students and not teaching the students to thier full potential but over all it is a good school

Posted August 13, 2003
The reason this school is like that is because it's the school that students get as a last option. If you are kicked out of your neighborhood school for drugs, fights, etc. this is where you end up. Most of the students here have very little parent involvement. This isn't a school like Seaside or Butler....that's for sure. The students here don t deserve extra curricular activities they lost those privileges when they were kicked out of their neighborhood school that did offer them. As far as the money goes I agree that the funds need to be put to a little better use.

Walton Academy, Inc.