Woodward Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted August 05, 2015
I withdrew my children a month before the year was up after relentless bullying by staff and students. My oldest child was treated horribly at this school. He was cut with scissors by another student (and I wasn't even notified!), threatened with weapons (no threats were taken seriously) and shoved into the bus loop where traffic is pulling in and out. The assistant principal "handled" it by yelling at my child and the bully while threatening them both with suspension "for starting his day like that." Not a great way to make children feel like you're a safe adult to turn to. My child was not and did not feel safe at Woodward. When I addressed this with the principal, their solution was to separate my son from class and make him do his work in the office for the rest of the year despite the other student having repeated referrals. My son had never once been in trouble, but I was told they "couldn't move the other student because a parent wanted them to." Ridiculous! I also had a younger special needs child at Woodward and withdrew both boys immediately. My kids were bribed non stop with candy to complete tasks in PE and to take reading counts tests. At one point I threw away 10 candy wrappers from my sons pockets--who was also given actual COFFEE ITEMS the week of the FSA tests. This school was a nightmare.

Posted October 02, 2014
Great school. My child is enjoying the single gender classes, and is learning beyond my expectations.

Posted August 06, 2012
This is the best school in the area. The teachers are wonderful. For the parents that want to be more involved in the school all you have to do is volunteer and you will be up to date with everything at the same time the school can use you help. Way to go woodward!!!

Woodward Avenue Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2012
My son has been a student at Woodward for 5 years for most part until recent years the teachers have been awesome. However some staff communication skills do need some work. The higher level teachers are so worked that it seems to affect their comminication. The teachers are exellent.

Posted October 04, 2009
It is one of the most 'caring' schools I have ever taught in. That includes staff, parents, teachers, aides, lunch room ladies and the cleaning staff. We all work together to help each other and mostly to give the students our very best. We literally fight to our last breath to help each and every student achive their best. Our purpose is clear and we want our students to love going to school and learning everything they can.

Posted October 04, 2009
Because it offers many unique teaching practices that allow students to participate in a wide variety of educational opportunities.

Awesome teachers and administration

Posted October 03, 2009
All 4 of my daughters have attended Woodward Avenue Elementary School. The school is dedicated to the students and making sure they are well educated and ready to hit Middle School. The teachers are the best and they have single gender classes which aid in learning. They work hand in hand with Stetson University and bring great programs to the school.

Posted October 03, 2009
Woodward's principal cares deeply about this school and all of its faculty, staff, students, and parents. The innovative single gender program this school has works to meet the individual needs of all students.

Posted September 29, 2009
I ama picky parent,and I am very satisfied with the staff. I am also impressed with the organization.

1201 South Woodward Avenue, DeLand, FL  32720
Last modified Woodward Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodward Avenue Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top