407 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

Edith I. Starke Elementary School 1

Posted March 21, 2013
My son goes here and I've never had such a worse educational experience. My son, who is in 1st grade now colors all day long, nothing academic. He use to know his alphabet and how to count to 100, going here he forgot that stuff. This school is a joke and should be closed down. The office staff are mean, the janitor was talking to the office staff of how "some of these kids need a good beating". Needless to say, after I heard that, I withdrew my son... you know... so he doesn't get a "good beating". HOMESCHOOLING sounds good right about now.

Edith I. Starke Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2005
I have a grandchild in special needs class with Mrs. Parker. Let me say this she is the best teacher. Aloni is reading and writing now. They had told me that she will never read or write. Mrs. Parker took her time with Aloni and that is not easy. She gave up a weekend with her kids just to go to a convention on Williams Syndrome. So she can help Aloni more better. I just hope she stays right where she is. You have one great teacher on your hands. Thanks again. Mrs.Parker

Edith I. Starke Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2003
My daughter is 5, and in a special kindergarten at this school. I have been taking her there for 3 years including her 2 and a half years in special pre-K, and just last week, I began working there as a teacher's assistant. We have wonderful, dedicated, and hard-working teachers who care about the students here. They ARE the backbone of this school. They care enough, and work hard enough to inspire the kids, and encourage them to be ALL they can be, and that's why they are an 'A' school now! They have all earned it. Scores reflect their dedication, and devotion to these children. Many kids are special, and need help here. They get it, and are helped for real. No child falls through the cracks here.

Edith I. Starke Elementary School
730 South Parsons Avenue, DeLand, FL  32720
Last modified Edith I. Starke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.