664 students|Volusia

Bad
Good

This is not a very good school. I went to it and I did not like it. Some teachers were good but others weren't. The staff people were worse. I hope this school becomes better than it was when i went there.

I have two grandchildren who attend Blue Lake Elementary school and i personally think it is a wonderful school the teachers there are amazing not only are they great teachers but they truly care about their students. wouldn't want the kids going anywhere else

Blue Lake Elementary provides for my children a safe and caring envioronment. I love the strong leadership provided by both and Principal and the Assistant. The teaching teams are terrific. It is definitely a family oriented school.

Administrators and teachers truly care about each student at Blue Lake. This is a safe and loving learning environment.

School provides many meaningful extracurricular activities. You can see a true comeraderie among many of the various grade levels and staff.

Overall rating for this school is three stars. My son attended grades K-2[first grading period]. The teachers were great and willing to work with my son to bring out the smarts in him. But the administration [principal and assistant principal] needs some help as to how to appropriately discipline children. I feel that especially in the early years that suspension and detention does not work for the young ones because at times they still do not comprehend what they have done is wrong. The administration may feel that it is our responsibility to teach our kid s right from wrong but when we send our kids to school, how can we control what poor habits are obtained from other kids and adults?

My two children excelled in this caring environment..my 3rd grader received 5's on her FCAT's!! We love the newly renovated - state of the art rooms and the loyal staff.

Last modified Blue Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.