Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2015
St Barnabas has great academics. The teaching staff is compassionate and caring while maintaining high academic and conduct standards. My son will be returning for his 3rd year this Fall and I am so grateful to have had him attend St Barnabas for those delicate Middle School years!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 25, 2015
good amount. Not too much, not too little. My son gets it finished timely without getting overwhelmed

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 25, 2015
The staff encourages the students to continue striving to their best, but they are non-forgiving of an assignment is late. They do not offer homework if a day is missed. The students are expected to go to the teacher and ask for the missed work. A lot of students aren't used to that and get zero's on work

Develops respect: Agree

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 20, 2015
I have a good experiences with my daughters, they been there since pre-k till this day .. I highly recommend this school and no regrets, it's a really good school ! You will be surprise when you see you're kids education rising up .. and the teacher and the staff treat them like family.

Posted November 17, 2014
You are correct in stating we are not on the National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence list for this year. The process of becoming a NBRS is something that must be reapplied for every year and a process that is very time consuming. As a school, we have shifted our focus and time from NBRS recognition to dedicating that extra time to the education of our students. However, our students' testing and scores far exceed the requirements of a NBRS school. Our 8th graders test 5 years above their grade level, our students consistently score in the top 4% of the nation, and we have even had 5 alumni in the last 4 years become Valedictorians of their respective schools! I'd say that is pretty impressive and a feat that no other private school in Central Florida can claim! Also, we HAVE recently been accepted into the National Association of Independent Schools. This is something that no other K-8 school in Volusia County or the 5 surrounding counties can say. Statistically speaking, St. Barnabas is, by far, the best private school education (K-8) in the Volusia County area.

Posted November 17, 2014
It was very concerning to hear that a family had felt as though they were being discriminated against due to their financial class. I have never seen or heard any of our administrators, teachers, and staff participating in favoritism based on social class or wealth. There have been hundreds of compliments, this year alone, about how all our faculty, staff, and administrators genuinely care about ALL students that attend this school. I was actually a student here K-8 grade, I would not say my parents were ever a "wealthy" family and I was treated like every other kid at the school. Also, every private school has some sort of fundraising initiative worked into its plan. I don't know of any FCIS schools that don't have an Annual Fund. Considering we would prefer to keep our tuition lower, we ask for the support of our community. Without this support we would not be able to provide scholarships or new curriculum to our students. This is also a blessing to the school because it allows those that have been blessed financially to give so that others less fortunate can still attend. We are extremely thankful for EVERY student and family that attends St. B!

322 W Michigan Ave, DeLand, FL  32720
Last modified Saint Barnabas Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Saint Barnabas Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 80 reviews. Top