Posted September 10, 2014
I am currently a Sophomore at Atlantic in the IB program. I enjoy going to Atlantic and would not want to go to any other high school. In the IB program, everything is run well and you are getting a top notch education(not to mention it's free.) But, on the contrary if you are in the Honors or Regular program you will barely be getting an education. The kids simply do not care about their education and its quite sad. And when you have students that don't care, you have teachers that don't care. So, if you are thinking about going to Atlantic, go into the IB program. The program is super rigorous(there's not one day a week I don't have homework.) But, you shouldn't let that scare you away, because it all WILL pay off at the end. Also, you don't have to be the smartest to be in the IB program, you just have to be determined and be able to keep up with all the work. Hope this helps :) And to the comment below, the school is not "badly run" nor is it "hugely disappointing." They drop students whose grades are bad, not because the department wants to keep their average, but because there is no room in the program for students who aren't willing to put in the work.

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is hugely disappointing. The I.B. program is badly run. Trying to get feedback from the head of I.B., David Youngman, is virtually impossible. The while set-up is very unprofessional. About 50 per cent of the teaching staff are good, but the others really appear to have very little interest in the students and are just going through the motions. Edline often doesn't get updated for weeks and then is littered with mistakes. Some teachers forget to include marks or update grades...and need constant prompting. There is an epidemic of apathy. As many as 25 percent of students seemingly don't hand in work, but staff seem interested in motivating them. They simply cut the students whose grades drop...because they are desperate to keep up the department's average score. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE!

Posted May 11, 2013
I was in IB freshman year at Atlantic High, and it was honestly one of the BEST experiences of my life. Even though it is a rigorous program IB honestly shaped me to be organized and open-minded. Besides that in the program, other students took it as a joke, not really appreciating the opportunity. Overall as a school, Atlantic IS a WONDERFUL school, of school spirit, everyone is friendly and kind even if you come from a different background. The school is VERY involved with the students progress, which is one thing I loved the most, it makes you feel as if someone genuinely cared about your education. Yes it might be located in the heart of Delray, but that is the beauty of it, you get students from everywhere with their own story and their goals in life differ from one another, tat was one things i valued most.

Posted February 10, 2013
This school is the epitome of life. I am a white Freshman at this school and enrolled in the Honors program, it is a complete joke. I have learned NOTHING this year; the only thing ive learned is how to watch my back. I am primarily singled out due to my skin color and referred to by many slang racist terms. Since I have gone to this school I have been depressed, angry, and mentally distraught. The staff and teachers are racist too. Teachers curve grades my insane amounts to cover their jobs, I feel since I go here I have no future. The choice programs are not what they seem to be either. IB is your only hope if you want to get into college coming from this school. If you have any consideration for your son or daughter don t send them here. This has been the worst year of my life..

Posted February 06, 2013
As a white freshman in the regular program at this school, it's absolutely horrible. The teachers don't teach anything and the classes are out of control. The students are even worse. There's fights weekly and students getting kicked out of class every period. It's also a very poor school that charges way to much money for school things. $25-$35 for a homecoming ticket? $80 for a black and white yearbook? This is a terrible school and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking into going into the regular or honors program. The IB side of the school is great, it's where all the normal, non-ghetto people are. But the IB also has lots of notes, tests, and is very stressful I've heard. I'm switching to Boca High in a few months. The students are racist here and will bully you if you're white, have glasses, or braces. Pathetic. The principle is great though! PS. -Some of the teachers are good. Most just sit in their desk and let the class socialize with each other for the entire period -The lunch lines are outrageously long -Many of the bus drivers barley speak a word of English -Most of the students try to be "cool" by sagging their pants, not doing work, talking back, and swearing.

Posted January 14, 2013
My grand daughter is in the ROTC program at Atlantic and it has a team building atmosphere - As far as interaction with teachers and guidance staff, they have been quick to respond and great to work with. Very disappointed that the Glee Club has been disbanded, as that was a positive experience for many, again, creating a team building spirit. Let's get the Glee Club back on track.

Atlantic High School 5

Posted June 21, 2012
this school is the best school ever. It has a positive impact on me as a student because the students are so encouraging and they always want the best for me. The teachers are educated in their field and they always want the best for their students.

Posted January 02, 2012
I am a student in the IB program at Atlantic High School. I love this high school and feel perfectly safe. I know the teachers and staff in the IB program are fantastic. The regular school is pretty good too, if you are in the honors classes. The principal is AWESOME. He is very enthusiastic and involved, he talks with the students and wants the best for them. The cafeteria is brand new and resembles a food court. The food is pretty good and has alarge variety of different choices. This school is a good one.

Atlantic High School 5

Posted November 13, 2011
My daughter graduated from the IB program in 2010. She is now a student at FSU. She was well prepared for college. We didn't have any problems that we would not have had at any other school. Of course, once in a while there might have been a teacher I did not like etc. But overall she got a great education. To the parents saying there are gangs and this is the worst thing you ever did blah blah blah. That's not true. There are no gangs at this school and if there were the Delray Police would be all over it. And the way kids dress here is the same way they dress every where unless they wear a uniform. Kids need some freedom of expression. While I may not always agree how they dress or the music they listed to, as long as it's harmless who cares? Some of the parents on here complain about schools and use incorrect grammar, spelling etc. Hey, maybe the problem is you. Go back and educate yourself so you can help your child through his own education!

Posted August 29, 2011
Our daughter graduated in 2011 and is off to college having made a great group of friends at Atlantic. She benefited from the rigor of the IB program but made friends throughout this multicultural school. The experience is whatever you make of it. Yes, it's a hard environment to navigate at times, but she came out well equipped to deal in the world and with friendships that will last a lifetime. Like all Florida publics, this one should be better funded.

Atlantic High School
2455 West Atlantic Avenue, Delray Beach, FL  33445
Last modified Atlantic High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Atlantic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top