978 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Disagree

Not at all. The teachers we had displayed none of the above; neither honesty, integrity , nor fairness toward their students (in the gifted program). Favoritism is rampant here. In addition, I saw teachers yelling at students in the halls and at drop off/ dismissal more often than you should see..

Banyan Creek does NOT have a true gifted program by any means; Giving a year a ahead of course work is not gifted curriculum, it should entail the type of work that is given, more critical thinking and higher order skills. If you want a better quality public school gifted program, you are better off taking your children to Calusa, Morikami (not gifted, but PYP IB curriculum) or Citrus Cove in the neighboring cities. I took my child out after one year. The teachers we had that year were not qualified to teach gifted, very arrogant, and did not use good teaching practice to say the least. The administration here is not strong and lets poor teachers maintain poor relationships with parents and students. Don't let other parents' complacency steer you to this school.

Banyan Creek is an excellent elementary school. The teachers are excellent. Mr. Fay the Principal is the best! Mrs. La Toile the Assistant Principal is also excellent! The school has an open door policy. They are always looking for newer and better ways to make learning interesting and fun. I am proud to be a Banyan Parent.

The gifted program at this school is the best in the county! Knowledgeable and caring teachers who are dedicated and experienced in the field!

Banyan creek has gone out of its way to make my son, who is in kindergarten, and me feel at ease. They have gone out of their way to make sure the transition went smooth. Many of the teachers already know my son, who just started and give him hugs. My son has ADHD and mood disorder and they do not make him feel any different but they do care for him knowing about these things. I am so happy that I chose this school, and I look forward to the next 5 years at Banyan Creek.

I have been taught in this school by the most remarkable teachers.Also that my time in this school hasn't been forgotten.I think Mr.Fay was right when he use to say "IF you can Dream It, you can do it".To rap this up this elementry school should have got number 10.It was a perfect school.Thanks to the teachers Ms.SUHANDRON ,Mr.K,Mr.Johnston,Ms.mcmillan,Ms.Craig,Ms. & Mr.Praise,Ms.Grynspan,Ms.Cole,ANd Ms.Rappa..i love you guys and just wanted to say I'm thankful for you guys teaching me and putting up with me..<3

My daughter graducated from Banyan Creek last year and is attending middle school. She has received an Outstanding Student Award and an award for her outstanding qualities! Her participation in the gifted program in Banyan is a true testimony of her ability to achieve her present success. My son is in the kindergarten gifted and also has had an amazing year! Hats off to the wonderful staff! Mr. Fay, Mrs. Storch, Mrs. Shiell, Judy McMahon the wonderful and talented music teacher! Thank you!

my son has been at banyan creek for four years and i agree Mr Fay, Mrs Lester and the whole entire staff are the best of all schools

I have two children in the gifted program at Banyan. We came from a 'private ' advanced' school and my kids have been more challenged at Banyan. Many of the gifted teachers have advanced degrees and 20+ years of teaching experience. This is not a program for children whose parents try to buy their test results to gain entrance. It is really designed for gifted kids who can handle an accelerated pace of instruction.

This school is fantastic with wonderful teachers, principal, vice principal and staff. Mr Fay and Mrs. Storch are so committed. And you have the most amazing Music teacher there. They care so much for each child.

Last modified Banyan Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.