874 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

When I here on the first day of school on the 6th grade, I already came with a depressed viewpoint. On the last day of school on 8th grade, my views were incredibly warped. A sizable chunk left during the summer after 6th grade; most went to charter schools or enrolled in choice programs at Boca schools. The infrastructure of the school is crumbling. We've experienced days where the electricity system broke. Compared to other local middle schools, this school is the most disorganized. I can't even count the times an ambulance has been called for incidents! Don't even ask for high school preparation. Only a few local schools showed up, the rest were charter schools. But Don Estridge had there high school choice event during the day, so students could be available. One major tip is don't eat the school lunch. The options are limited, and the good food is in the long line. There's been a few occasions where the chips I bought were stale. You're basically a prisoner here. They lock the bathrooms everyday. And even though the bathrooms are locked most of the time, they still aren't clean. Your bus WILL be late numerous times. If you have serious quirks, some people will go out of their way to alienate you. This is Delray's only middle school, so it's best to leave Delray for middle school. If you're stuck here for the 3 year ride, plan for high school well. Atlantic is better only for the IB program. Boca High and Spanish river are over capacity so that leaves Olympic Heights and West Boca ( better to go South instead of North). It'll be easier to get in the choice programs there, plus the schools provide are full of replenished resources.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I experienced two sides to the school: advanced and IB. IB blows advanced out of the water when it comes to teachers. This is a general rule based on all teachers, not based on one.

Amount of homework: no rating

I really can't comment on homework. Some teachers barely pass it out. Then there are the others, taking a long time along with studying.

Develops character: Disagree

As a 2016 alumni, this doesn't develop honesty or integrity at all. A certain portion of students commit many bad deeds during the school year, but are pressured to not tell anyone. For example, when something happens on the bad buses, no one is willing to fess up unless facing suspension.

It's the first week of school. So far so good. My child is loving Carver and is glad they made the choice to come here. My only issue is with transportation.

im going to congress middle school but please send me ur dress code to see if I could go to ur school instead tthank you!

My daughter attended Morikami Park Elem. and then we chose to to continue the IB program by chosing Carver Middle and we are very happy with that decision. She has continue to make straight As, score above average on FCAT and she made the highest gain on the Fcat score ever. The transition from elementary school to middle school is not easy but my daughter said that it was. Thank you Carver Middle teachers, staff and Mrs. Prophete for doing a great job!

My son has 504 plan and the teacher said he has no problem, but he is lazy! What a great administration when I request to talk with teachers and administration and only fill teachers came to the appointment!

This school is very good Teachers teach you right You juSt have to learn in order to be a great student 55555 star school

Have a daughter who has been in the IB program and has worked very hard to keep a 3.0 abg. The teachers and Ms. Prophete deserves a lot of the.cr dit. I do feel that as a parent we have opportunities to help the school and our kids by participating with PTA n SAC. It takes a family as well as these teachers to raise our kids. And if an issue comes up Ms Prophete's door is always open. Believe me.

Last modified Carver Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.